PDA

View Full Version : Qloader - anyone know of anyone who makes custom mounting brackets?

cledford
01-28-2005, 08:34 AM
Hey guys, I'm thinking of giving the Qloader a spin. My big issue is that the stock and "custom" mounting brackets both look uninspiring and just don't look very good.

Does anyone know of someone who makes TRUE custom Qloader brackets? Something like the ones that people came out with for the warps?

Thanks,

-Calvin

UThomas
01-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Don't know what you don't like about the custom bracket Q-loader has, but its great. What angle are you trying to do that it won't accomodate?

alfaromeo
01-28-2005, 10:17 AM
I had a custom mount made for my Q. It is in this shape

--------------
--------------
-
-
--------------- Q loader socket.
---------------

Where I bolt one end to the bottom of the grip and the other extends towards the front of the barrel and receives the stock Q socket. this aligns the outlet of the Q with a modified left feed body, my flex line b/w the Q and the 90 degree adapter is 2.5" long, giving a really low profile.

I'll take some pictures and post them.

Kelly

cledford
01-28-2005, 10:42 AM
cool, thanks for the pics when you can post 'em.

Regaring the Q "custom" mount - I need someing that looks a little more substantial. My plan is to put the Q where a warp would go - so it needs to be a sturdy mount.

-Calvin

hitech
01-28-2005, 10:51 AM
You should try talking to luke. He makes great custom stuff. :bounce:

:cheers:

cledford
01-28-2005, 12:25 PM
You should try talking to luke. He makes great custom stuff. :bounce:

Already sent him a PM - thanks!

WingMan13
01-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Yes, custom mounts would be awsome! I gave up on the Q because of the lack of mounting options.

FragTek
01-28-2005, 01:10 PM
You could PM Empyreal Rogue as well, he's a QLoader guru and keeps up on all the accessories for them, he may just know somewhere to get what you are looking for.

Cheers :cheers:

UThomas
01-28-2005, 01:46 PM
The custom mount from Q-loader is pretty stout, allows a lot of options, and most importantly to me, allows you to rotate where the output is. But if you want a custom setup more power to you.

alfaromeo
02-05-2005, 01:59 PM
Here's photos of my custom mount. The main body was a right feed body that I remove the original feedneck and re-welded it to the main body as shown. I am a lefty so this works perfectly.

master_alexander
02-05-2005, 03:51 PM
are you right or left handed? and i want one and i think i missed where to get one.

please let me know

alfaromeo
02-05-2005, 08:22 PM
are you right or left handed? and i want one and i think i missed where to get one.

please let me know

I'm left handed, I have a machinist friend of mine make this for me. If there's enough interest I might talk him into making some more.

Kelly

shatter_storm
02-05-2005, 08:32 PM
I'll put in my vote for the custom mounting bracket system that AIC sells with the qloader. I can strap the thing anywhere on my marker I like except under the barrel, and that's because I use a 15* ASA. The flexibility of the CMS is nice, I can run the hose straight up, off to the side, straight down, whatever I want... the normal socket is slightly limited in that regard.

If you want to see a really oddball way of mounting the q-loader, I can snap some pics of my 'mag and post them. It's a really tight setup that takes some getting used to - very few people can borrow my marker and adapt to the shooting style I use.

I would like to make up a bracket for myself that mounts the qloader where the vert ASA normally goes - a direct bolt-on bracket, not any of the strap-the-qloader-to-a-round-surface mount options.

FreakBaller12
02-05-2005, 09:19 PM
luke could probably hook you up, PM me here.