PDA

View Full Version : Benchmark Frame & Trigger

chairman_mao
01-28-2005, 09:52 AM
I'm working on upgrading an old mag I have and it has an original 2X Benchmark frame. I'm actually kind of sentimentally attached to thins frame and would like to keep it but I really hate the trigger. The giant hump in the middle doesn't fit my shooting style and I would love a blade.

My question is this, do Benchy's accept AGD triggers or is there a blade trigger available somewhere that will fit this frame? I know that I could always have on of our great machineists make me a trigger but I'm also kinda cheap so I'd like to find a drop in. Thanks in advance for all your help.

darrickws
01-28-2005, 12:54 PM
AGD triggers wont work in a benchy (without huge play in the trigger) and benchmark to my knowlege doesnt have a blade available.

chairman_mao
01-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Do you mean side to side play or just general wiggle? Honestly there is a fair amount of play in the trigger that's in there now so that's not a huge deal as long as it's not like the trigger is on a ball/socket joint.

RRfireblade
01-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Call me at the shop on Monday. I can cut you a blade trigger for that frame. Same 'Dagger' style that goes on the Medusa frame that I can recut the upper tang to fit older Benchy's.

386-437-3375 @ PTP

Jay.

chairman_mao
01-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!! :clap: :clap: Thanks RRfireblade. I'll be in touch moday

Snipcod
01-28-2005, 03:22 PM
I also not sure if I like the trigger. Nice but need to play with it. One thing with the benchmark is theres alot of trigger pull. But I just got done drilling and taping in a trigger stop. So I gunna see how much it really did cut down as so as I gas it up.

elprup
01-29-2005, 09:03 AM
Call me at the shop on Monday. I can cut you a blade trigger for that frame. Same 'Dagger' style that goes on the Medusa frame that I can recut the upper tang to fit older Benchy's.

386-437-3375 @ PTP

Jay.

I was going to say, I have a blade trigger on my benchmark framed PTP micro mag. I'm pretty sure it used to be RRfireblade's which now explains that. BTW, thanks for sending that little piece that went with the purple fade micro mag. Greatly appreciated.

RRfireblade
01-29-2005, 09:20 AM
Oh that was you huh? Cool. :)

That Micro actually has a completely custom made blade trigger of my own design.Ain't gonna see one of those anywhere else. ;)

That's a great one of a kind marker, enjoy it.

The deal on the Benchmark design is based on the fact that the only way (before ULT) to lighten the weight of a Mag triger pull was to make it longer....so it did.Some like it and some don/t. Back in the day when Mags only came with a very heavy single trigger...most did. :D