PDA

View Full Version : Two tech questions????

Bonx0007
11-13-2001, 02:23 AM
1. What is this burst of air I hear is needed to make the retro valve seal up? Do you have to buy something extra if you have a preset tank? I have a 68cu 3000psi pure energy tank. Can't I just dpress the trigger while I am gassing it up and when the gas enters the gun just let go of the trigger. I am asking this because I might get my hands on a retro(hint tunaman).

2. How do the intelli Frame and retro valve work together. I hear each is awsome individually. But together is the intelli frame small trigger pull enough to make the retro feel good or even work.

LMK. All input is nice.
thanks.

Cha0tic
11-13-2001, 06:11 AM
the rt needs a certain amount of air to work. your preset tank is most likely set at 800-850 psi. this is definetly enough. you are right about holding the trigger down when you gas up.

the i-frame and rt work very well together. combine a nice trigger pull with a reactive valve, and yu have a nice setup :)

KayleAGD
11-13-2001, 11:47 AM
The main problem with RT's and air systems is the gun needs a sudden burst of air to seal. A preset tank will be fine if you screw it in slowly until you start to hear air leaking then rapidly give it the next turn.

Bonx0007
11-13-2001, 09:02 PM
well i have a on/off valve on my drop i should be able to get the same affect with that right?:confused:

BlackVCG
11-13-2001, 09:32 PM
Yep, just screw it in fast to get it to release a high pressure burst of air. That should work fine. Make sure the valve is oiled by putting air in the inlet connection at the valve or your ASA. That will help it gas up and seal easier.

udtseal
11-14-2001, 07:32 AM
Sometimes when I screw my tank into my emag I get a couple of short "pop pop pop pop" burst of air out the back of the velocity adjuster knob. They come out in rapid succession. What is that? Is that cause I dont hold the trigger down when gassing? I never knew to do that. Is that damaging the gun in any way?