PDA

View Full Version : Team Automags.Org at IAO - jerseys

Lohman446
01-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Ok... we have been discusing team jerseys for IAO, and now deciding if we should all have matching jerseys or not. Obviously I give more sway to those playing on the team, but I would like AOs input on if we should, and ideas for jersey designs and where we should get them from, I have a few ideas of my own, but would like to see what the rest of the team, and the rest of AO thinks?

magman007
01-28-2005, 05:38 PM
you dhould use the official automags.org jerseys, in any way customized that the pruchaser sees fit. AFTICA has been doing this since our conception, and i reccomend you do the same, it only makes sence.

Matrixowner.com had matching dye jersies, since dye was nice enough to hook us up.

palmers had their own customized jersies,

brass eagle used bras eagle jerseys,

icd? custom jersies

Aka as well

even timmy owners.

so id reccomend going with the ao jerseys

Muzikman
01-28-2005, 05:38 PM
My suggestion is yes, have matching jerseys (or even shirts). As for design, why try and design your own. Why not use the actual AO jerseys from Custom Sports Gear.

http://www.customsportsgear.com/

dj89
01-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Of course... and AGD should pay from them (jking, unless Zupe reads this and thinks Im serious)

But if he will pay for them Why not.............. :p

deathstalker
01-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Voted for option three. Not because I expect AGD to pick up the tab, but maybe a more realistic option would be for them to offer you a discount. Maybe, say, 30%? To make it interesting, AGD could then offer you 10% off anything else, or maybe a few select items, ordered at the same time. I'm just making up numbers, but like I said, I'm trying to be realistic about it.

dj89
01-28-2005, 06:37 PM
Voted for option three. Not because I expect AGD to pick up the tab, but maybe a more realistic option would be for them to offer you a discount. Maybe, say, 30%? To make it interesting, AGD could then offer you 10% off anything else, or maybe a few select items, ordered at the same time. I'm just making up numbers, but like I said, I'm trying to be realistic about it.
O god no there is so much i need, so little money........................... :(

Blazestorm
01-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Get longsleeve t-shirts.
Make stencils via whatever.

Spraypaint your logo's n such.

Put cardboard inbetween the front and back and in the sleeves, should work fine.

just spray 8-9 times and let the fabric absorb the paint, after you wash it it should be fine.

SlipknotX556
01-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Get longsleeve t-shirts.
Make stencils via whatever.

Spraypaint your logo's n such.

Put cardboard inbetween the front and back and in the sleeves, should work fine.

just spray 8-9 times and let the fabric absorb the paint, after you wash it it should be fine.

Blaze, you said what I was gonna say :(.

Blazestorm
01-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Blaze, you said what I was gonna say :(.

I'm just that good :D

That's what I did for my longsleeve...

www.blazestorm.net/sniper.jpg

guysdaman
01-29-2005, 02:47 AM
CSG jerseys seem the way to go...I'm down for that.

RogueFactoryKid
01-29-2005, 08:41 AM
matching jerseys would be cool.

Lohman446
01-29-2005, 09:37 AM
I don't know if I want the normal "AO" jersey... not sure - I'm hoping people with photoshop skills will shoot out some ideas incorporating both the hexes and AGD's lion logos.

Muzikman
01-29-2005, 11:54 AM
If you do decide to create your own, be sure to use CSG. They are good people and have always been supportive in the past.

Lohman446
01-30-2005, 01:03 PM
I need photoshop help on this, and ideas folks.. I have tried on photoshop for like four hours this morning and umm.. just isn't working

What I am thinking, is a big AO hex with AO-IAO coming out of it (Like the state logos in some sigs) Below that Team Automags.Org and then perhaps above and to the left of it a smaller AGD lion logo thing... but my photoshop skills are suck I'm learning. Any help, any other ideas?

I also think each shoulder should have the AGD logo on it, then your name however you want it across the top. Not sure on the center of the back if we want to use numbers or what.

Loud Tim
01-30-2005, 03:37 PM
why dont you all get agd pride jerseys that why you would look like pimps

guysdaman
01-31-2005, 01:29 AM
why dont you all get agd pride jerseys that why you would look like pimps

Because we're not AGD pride...and we are playing in owners group tourney...I wouldn't feel right wearing a pride jersey. I'm down for a simple no frills Automags.org style jersey from CSG.

Glickman
01-31-2005, 01:38 AM
Because we're not AGD pride...and we are playing in owners group tourney...I wouldn't feel right wearing a pride jersey. I'm down for a simple no frills Automags.org style jersey from CSG.

exactly. AGD Pride is a team.. how would someone look if they wore a dynasty jersey without being on the team?

yes, we may have AGD pride, but that doesnt mean we should be associated with AGD pride..

Shirts would be something cool as well. long sleeve with designs on the arms, that way when we wear a jersey for say, shatnerball 4, we can still be seen with the shirts.

(that and i plan on bringing a iron on "Glickman" for me and my dad, as well as "AO Pride" to iron on the jerseys we get there)

magman007
01-31-2005, 02:33 AM
you guys realize, the very easiest route would be the csg jerseys right? then all of the AO teams would look like they were repersenting AO as a whole.

I want both of the teams representing me to be uniform in their own right.

Clare
01-31-2005, 07:02 AM
Go with CSG! :)

Lohman446
01-31-2005, 07:06 AM
I'm all for jerseys from CSG... I just want a special design that says AO in its design and yet adds a bit more... I just can't photoshop worth a dang to put up what I want, Ill try again next weekend

Muzikman
01-31-2005, 09:50 AM
I am not sure if you have seen the AO Jerseys.

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=305&categoryID=62

Second, that is the base style. You can have CSG add other things to it at no added charge (I do beleive). So if you want to add your own image to the sleeve or the breast of the jersey you can.

Lohman446
01-31-2005, 10:27 AM
I love those - what color is everyone thinking - though I would like to add the AGD lion logo to the right breast of it

shartley
01-31-2005, 10:32 AM
I am not sure if you have seen the AO Jerseys.

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=305&categoryID=62

Second, that is the base style. You can have CSG add other things to it at no added charge (I do beleive). So if you want to add your own image to the sleeve or the breast of the jersey you can.
CSG is indeed changing their pricing for additions to their jerseys. But I don’t know when this will happen, or if it has already. However, from what I understand the addition of names should remain the same price, and then the price goes up slightly for each additional change.

Again, I am not sure when this will all be implemented and how the prices will actually change, just that they will.

And for those who may not know already, they have changed the material they use for the jerseys to material that is similar but more wicking than the material they used to use (which was just imbedded with special chemicals from what they tell me), and the wrists and collars are now ribbed (and expanding) material… where before it was simply the same material the jersey was made out of, just in solid black.

I have received jerseys with the new materials and construction, and they are indeed better, but have the same look and feel. They also claim the new material holds the ink better allowing for deeper and richer colors in the printing process. I did not see any huge change in this aspect though.

But yes, I would suggest any AO team getting the AO Jerseys from CSG as well. I will however say to not hold off getting them if you are going to. You will want them to be delivered on time and ERROR free, which seems to be the two biggest problems CSG has had from day one, and continues to have.. even after they verify the order.

guysdaman
01-31-2005, 11:46 AM
I love those - what color is everyone thinking - though I would like to add the AGD lion logo to the right breast of it

I kind of like the blue or gray ones myself...yes an AGD lion on the breast would look good as well. Either way we need to come to a consensus and order them ASAP, because just as Shartley said they can take awhile.

Muzikman
01-31-2005, 11:56 AM
If you even want to be a little different, but still stay uniformed do as other AO teams have done and get the same jersey, but in what ever color you want. That is what the AO team that played Mardi Gras did a few years ago and that's what AFTICA does. It keeps a uniformed look, but at the same time, the person can get their favorite color.

tyrion2323
01-31-2005, 12:06 PM
CSG = Amazing.
Jamie at CSG = Super Cool.

Hobart used them for our 05 jerseys. HOTT.

guysdaman
01-31-2005, 12:16 PM
If you even want to be a little different, but still stay uniformed do as other AO teams have done and get the same jersey, but in what ever color you want. That is what the AO team that played Mardi Gras did a few years ago and that's what AFTICA does. It keeps a uniformed look, but at the same time, the person can get their favorite color.

That sounds like an excellent idea! I'm down for it!

Lohman446
01-31-2005, 12:22 PM
That sounds like an excellent idea! I'm down for it!

Agreed.. now we either get objections or decide thats what were doing - I would still like to add a few things to them - perhaps AO-IAO on the left breast and the AGD lion logo on the right, jsut to make them well "different"

Miscue
01-31-2005, 01:01 PM
I'll buy one!

dj89
01-31-2005, 01:03 PM

Best idea yet, I go with that.

Miscue
01-31-2005, 01:16 PM

Yeah, this really stands out too - and is good for photos.

Go Power Rangers!

Lohman446
01-31-2005, 01:18 PM
What about specializing htem slightly, even if they are all different colors... as noted above :)

Koop
01-31-2005, 01:18 PM
Yeah, this really stands out too - and is good for photos.

Go Power Rangers!

It will only work out if everyone yells out "It's Morphing Time!"

Muzikman
01-31-2005, 01:50 PM
What about specializing htem slightly, even if they are all different colors... as noted above :)

I say keep the same basic design and pattern. If you want to put the AGD Lion / AO-IAO, etc on it, go for it. There are alot of people that get personal sponsors, the AO-<state> logo, etc.. on their AO jersey.

In another thread you were talking about maybe trying to get a sponsor for the event. You can even get their logo placed somewhere on it. Maybe down a sleeve or on the back.

The one question you should ask, are you going to put numbers on them? If so, what numbers? If not, what should go in it's spot. I do suggest though, that you put your AO nickname on the back.

magman007
01-31-2005, 01:51 PM
bah, power rangers... aftica 1 was all about the skittle squad :)

we had every color of ao jersey represented

Lohman446
01-31-2005, 01:53 PM
In another thread you were talking about maybe trying to get a sponsor for the event. You can even get their logo placed somewhere on it. Maybe down a sleeve or on the back.

It wasn't met wtih a lot of enthusiasm, it would mean a bit of work for me - I'm good with paying my own way if noone else is yelling for sponsors :D . Playing wtih a hangover isn't likely good for my sponsors on a national stage.. I get away with it here though :D

magman007
01-31-2005, 01:57 PM
again, dont worry about hangovers, we had players playing with borderline alchohol poisioning :)

Lohman446
01-31-2005, 02:06 PM
again, dont worry about hangovers, we had players playing with borderline alchohol poisioning :)

We were playing the end of the year outdoor tournament... our games before lunch.. pretty good... me and the other front player.. well our games after lunch not tripping on the way to the first bunker was an achievement :D

Lohman446
02-03-2005, 09:18 AM
Ok folks, were back to discussing jerseys. At this point the CSG AO jerseys seem to be the idea, with whatever colors you want (so we'll mix colors).

Changes I want to make

On the right breast I want the AGD lion logo - will post pics here so everyone works off the same

On the left breast and right arm (in place of the numbers) I want the AO-IAO logo that Jam was so nice to put together for us. That leaves you space below that logo for anything you want like a state logo - for me I'm putting hte AO-DevilMag logo there also courtesy of Jam.

The left arm in place of numbers I want to see an American flag...

Numbers on the back, whatever - and your AO tag or variation of it as the name.

Opionions - posting this in both the IAO info thread and jersey thread for more feedback.

I am going to finalize the decisions by the ninth of February, and I would like us all to order jerseys shortly thereafter.

If you already have an AO jersey.. it will work... I just would like some that are "special" for this occassion.

guysdaman
02-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Sounds good to me! Ready to order!

AGDlover
02-03-2005, 09:58 PM
any posable way incase we allready have an AO jersey to send it into CSG to have them put on the new designs?

Lohman446
02-04-2005, 07:05 AM
any posable way incase we allready have an AO jersey to send it into CSG to have them put on the new designs?

You would have to talk to CSG about it.. I am going to talk to them about setting these modifications up as a "team" jersey so its easier for us to order.

guysdaman
02-04-2005, 07:21 AM
Great idea Loh...that would make it alot easier! I know cause i'm lazy! :D

AGDlover
02-05-2005, 01:50 AM
well i got an idea not too long ago since i didnt have a # put on my right sholder it just has AO on it what if we have it like that and have like in a scribble font over it IAO?

dj89
03-25-2005, 09:25 PM
Updates?

AGDlover
03-25-2005, 09:27 PM
would it be any problem if one of us on the team not being able to get the IAO jersey to just wear our AO jersey?

Lohman446
03-25-2005, 09:55 PM
Not a problem at all.. getting much out of CSG is itneresting I don't care what you wear... we're AO - I thought hype and looks was nto for us

dj89
03-25-2005, 09:57 PM
well if were are not making a team order, I'm going to order mine soon.

AGDlover
03-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Hey Loh did you change my Email Address BTW?

jewie27
03-29-2005, 02:47 AM
CSG makes good jersies, just hope they don't sew the arms on wrong like they did on mine......