PDA

View Full Version : I Got Accepted To Unc Chapel Hill!!!!

cris8762
01-28-2005, 07:05 PM
YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYYYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I just found out that i was accepted to UNC Chapel Hill for next year!!!

I'm so happy that i dont have to worry about not having somewhere to go to college!!!

Four years of hard work has paid off!!! My parents like freaked out when i told them and all my friends are calling me!!!

Just felt like sharing with everyone :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Now i gotta go :cheers: :cheers: to celebrate!!!

red robot
01-28-2005, 07:16 PM
let the guy freak out for a while, he's going to college.

Congrats man!

teufelhunden
01-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Not to rain on your parade, but you're from NC. IIRC, the UNC charter states that Chapel Hill must be 85% students who live in NC.. meaning it's much tougher to get in from out of state, and that's where it gets its reputation for being hard to get in.

But good job anyway.. you get a congratulations because I don't know your numbers so it may have been a reach for ya.

Echo419
01-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Holy shat when did all u move to NC lol... what city's u guys in? Charlotte here... we gotta ball sometime guys

Flow_Tech
01-28-2005, 11:04 PM
echo,me and Cris are from around the raleigh/cary area..Charlotte isa little far to ball,you guys should come up here to check out the new Xball field we have at the field now.

phantomhitman
01-28-2005, 11:08 PM
since we are doing a nc rolec all im in. i actually live in chapel hill, and work on campus. i really hate unc by the way, i hate their campus, and i pray to get a job as soon as i can so i can leave chapel hill forever. but im just a stupid deadbeat, where a horrible job, and a failure at life so far.......

by the way, congrats! sounds like are excited and you should be.

flow, are you talking about gotchas field? i didnt know people from ao played remotely close to me. i live on teh outskirts of chapel hill near pittsboro, so cary is like 25 minuntes away. we got to hook up and play one day.

Flow_Tech
01-28-2005, 11:12 PM
naw,we play at black river..lets stop making cris's thread into a who plays where thread and keep it to a good job Cris for getting accepted to UNC thread

cris8762
01-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Not to rain on your parade, but you're from NC. IIRC, the UNC charter states that Chapel Hill must be 85% students who live in NC.. meaning it's much tougher to get in from out of state, and that's where it gets its reputation for being hard to get in.

But good job anyway.. you get a congratulations because I don't know your numbers so it may have been a reach for ya.

never said it was hard to get into, i'm just happy that i know i have a place to go to college. Now i just gotta wait and see if i get accepted to UPenn or Tulane. Might go to either of those if i get accepted.

Kevin, parties at Duke and ECU are supposed to be like 20x better, or so i've heard.

Kevmaster
01-29-2005, 02:01 AM
Kevin, parties at Duke and ECU are supposed to be like 20x better, or so i've heard.

i'll accept your praise, and we shall give you a look at em tomorrow, hopefully
(although I may be chillin in the same girl's room...the reason i didn't call you tonight)

octane2079
01-29-2005, 02:43 PM
I got deferred for early admission with a 1420 Sat and a 4.1 GPA so I am kinda down, but I am glad you got in. Nice work :headbang:

Chris at Tech
01-29-2005, 02:53 PM
It's really a shame you'll be spending your most formative years clad in baby blue...

:)

Kevmaster
01-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Seriously bro

let the man enjoy himself. he got accepted to a top thirty university in the country! He's gunna have a fun four years there (maybe five ;)).

I for one am glad he shared with us. And if you are proud of a school you got into (and got a scholarship offer to) feel FREE to post and tell us about it. I'd love to hear it. I would be happy for you that you were able to accomplish that...whether its Harvard or Southwest Louisiana St.

cris8762
01-29-2005, 06:21 PM
hear hear

kev, give me a call if you go out tonight and dont get "stuck" in some girl's room ;) :cheers:

gimp
01-29-2005, 06:23 PM
Congrats dude!! :cheers:

I know how it feels to get that first acceptance. It's really exciting. That was me four years ago. Now I'm on the next step, applying for jobs. I know 2 people from my little hometown in northern NH that go there. One of them transfered to Virginia Tech though. Seems like a decent school.

FromTheBack
01-31-2005, 04:16 PM
First Congrats on getting accepted man! The school is a challenge to get into and it's awesome you got in. Second, I live right in northern Chapel Hill and play out at predator paintball with Phantom Hitman, but am going to college about 2 hours south during the weeks. We should meet up some time, hope you enjoy the rest of your year in HS! :D

critter68
02-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Hey man good job getting in to UNC at Chapel Hill, thats a good school no matter what people say. I got wait listed while applying there. Have fun, enjoy the parties and try to do some work occasionally. Im up at American University in DC so if you ever up this way just stop on in we can go to some of the fields around here and play. Congrats again man. Enjoy. :clap: :cheers:

xmetal2001
02-01-2005, 09:07 PM
Good job, I visited there, but didn't apply because being out of state kills my chances. U lucky NC'ers :)

congrats.

cris8762
02-01-2005, 09:14 PM
thnx for all the support guys. I just got some letter from ECU asking me to be in their Honors Program...pshhhhhh :cool:

FromTheBack: i play out at Black River on one of their sponsored teams. Get at me on AIM sometime and we can chat.

phantomhitman
02-01-2005, 09:44 PM
i have played out there a few times, and in a few of their 3 man series. what is the naem of yoru team, and what gun do you shoot? i think we are getting together this daturday to go to pbc in greensboro to check it out. let me know if you wanna meet up

cris8762
02-01-2005, 10:10 PM
i play on Relic now......i shoot a cobalt DM4 with a big *** white JT sticker on the side.

I work saturdays unfortunately. PBC is mad $$$ too.

octane2079
02-02-2005, 05:30 PM
PBC is mad $$$ too.

You can say that again.

cris8762
02-02-2005, 05:41 PM
yea, i'd much rather play at my local field and get paint at cost then go to PBC and pay freakin $50 a case for blaze

Duzzy
02-02-2005, 06:03 PM
Congrats dude, I have no idea what college it is, or where it is, but kudos nonetheless. All though I think I win by default, my college offers courses in Gaelic. :clap: :rolleyes:

As an aside some people might want to look at what they posted........

xmetal2001
02-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Congrats dude, I have no idea ... where it is, ...

Suprisingly enough, UNC Chapel Hill is in Chapel Hill, NC :) ;)

Duzzy
02-02-2005, 09:24 PM
Suprisingly enough, UNC Chapel Hill is in Chapel Hill, NC :) ;)

You mean it isn't the University of Neo-Communism :wow: and Chapel Hill isn't a church that serves as a front for their feindish subversion of all that is right, good, and capitalist! :wow: :wow: Although I probably should use my brain before speaking, it never seems to work out that way...

cris8762
02-02-2005, 10:17 PM
haha, it's all good man

SoccerPaintball3
02-04-2005, 12:09 PM
you are my hero. i love the tar heels.

matmc89
02-07-2005, 01:24 AM
so were do you play in nc?

cris8762
02-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Black River of course