PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Kits: Please Help.

magmanl337
01-28-2005, 09:46 PM
I am having a hard time deciding on a barrel kit. The problem is, I have only shot the kaner and matchstik systems. Im not a fan of the kaner, so thats out of the question. I've been looking around at barrel kits and am considering the Scepter Kit, or the Sanchez Machine barrel kits. I have heard nothing but good from them. I might also consider the Ultralites, and buy 7 pieces to make a "kit". People that have shot the scepter and sanchez machine barrels, can you please post the pros and cons of them? Thank you for your help.

spasticsquirrel
01-28-2005, 10:00 PM
cant go wrong with a scepter, thats what i have, and it rocks.

in short, its half boomstick in how its made, and half freak for the inserts.

MarkM
01-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Sanchez barrel kit.
Cons need spanner (provided) has to be "nipped" to stop coming undone...use "I think it's tight" and it will come undone. The reverse thread takes a little while to get used to but then how often during a day to you really change your inserts..twice? O ring inside barrel a bit awkward to replace if you have to, again spares come with the kit...I haven't had to swap it yet but when I bought the Kit the show model had the barrel (internal) O ring missaligned and it got pinched by the insert and the Booth staff made hard work of swapping it...must have been a one off as I haven't had to replace the O ring myself on my barrel. Fixed length in some of the model ranges (like mine but I wanted a 14" barrel).
Pros..shoots well, it is quiet, I have found it to be basically self cleaning but this could be more to the paint I have used rather than the barrel but when I did get a barrel break it shot straight through it and on a couple of occasions I didn't know I had a break until I got back to the staging area. A good anno finish and a nice range of colours. looks can be a subjective thing but I get asked all the time what barrel it is as it looks so different to the others out there.
Lord 1234 (whatever the numbers are) is a Sanchez dealer and should be able to hook you up with a good deal.

minimag03
01-28-2005, 11:56 PM
Redz has a new barrel kit out called the Pepperstick. It is great from what I have heard. It has 8 inch backs, which I think helps with shots-per-fill. Out of what you mentioned, I'd go with the UL kit. Just pick up the front size you like and then buy the three backs. You can slo get them in different colors from pbgear.com so that should be a plus.

-minimag03

G-Rock
01-29-2005, 12:01 AM
Our team is switching to the REDZ Pepper Stickz this year. We just got a couple in adn they are sweet. They look great, and look like quality product.

chris

fire1811
01-29-2005, 12:02 AM
i love my custom products barrel kit.
light, great price, quality barrel

hobbesTZ
01-29-2005, 12:41 AM
I went with the JnJ kit because it has everything I need (no use for extra fronts) and it's as cheap as it gets at $70.

CrimsonTurkey
01-29-2005, 01:09 AM
The scepter is perfect. The backs align with the front perfectly every time due to the design. I love mine.

And to quote somebody (manike perhaps?)

"Opinions on barrels are like ni-pples on a man, they exist, but they dont serve any purpose."