PDA

View Full Version : Intelliframe trigger removal

wageslave
01-29-2005, 05:51 PM
So, I just got my sexy new RPG ViperBlade trigger, and now I need to install it. Is there a simple way to remove the trigger from the Intelliframe? It looks like it's just a single pin that needs to be removed, but it doesn't want to come out. Maybe I need a hammer and a punch... Any advice is appreciated.

Tunaman
01-29-2005, 06:03 PM
Using a 1/8" punch, drive or press the trigger pin out from right to left. Reinstall the same way. There are knurls on the pin that aid in holding it in. They should always be on the left side of the frame.

wageslave
01-29-2005, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the help, I'm glad I stopped trying to get it to come out from the wrong side. ;)

http://darrell.halo5.net/outpost/viperblade.jpg

evilhomer
01-31-2005, 11:15 PM
Is there a difference between an older Intelli and a newer Intelli? I'm asking because I can't seem to get the pin out of my old Intelli.

evilhomer
02-02-2005, 01:13 AM
Eh?

wageslave
02-02-2005, 08:59 AM
I don't know that Intelliframes ever came out in more than one version, but I'm no authority.

Vanced
02-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Is there a difference between an older Intelli and a newer Intelli? I'm asking because I can't seem to get the pin out of my old Intelli.

If I remember right the only difference between a "new" and "old" I-frame was the shape of the trigger guard to allow for wider foregrips ?

If there were any other changes I have either forgot or never knew...Or I am just wrong...

Lord knows I am often wrong... :rolleyes: ... And my girlfriend reminds so... often...

But you do have to remember that it does require quite a bit of force to remove the pin....

wageslave
02-03-2005, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I will mention that just pushing on the pin with something didn't work at all for me, but when I was able to get a punch (or in my particular case, a handy "punch-like" device) and give it a couple of taps with a hammer, it came right out. And just to repeat what's already been said, you will want to hit it on the right side of the frame, since the pin will only come out of the left side. Hope that makes sense. The pin comes out right to left, goes back in left to right. Good luck!

blykins
06-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Using a 1/8" punch, drive or press the trigger pin out from right to left. Reinstall the same way. There are knurls on the pin that aid in holding it in. They should always be on the left side of the frame.

:clap: