PDA

View Full Version : Elcd or Retro valve

CHl2IS
11-13-2001, 02:43 PM
which one?

mitch
11-13-2001, 03:39 PM
personnally id go with thr rt valve.
mostly for the bounce and the kool way it can go when you put a bit of weight on the trigger.
but the elcd would be cool for rec games but are useless ion tourneys so they are no good for me.
i like my benchy double.

slayer
11-13-2001, 04:06 PM
I am biased to an electric trigger. Ok, my questions are how fast do you want to shoot, and do you have a problem with short stroking.If the LCD grip thing works right then I imagine short stroking is eliminated but you start noticing the shootdown around 10 bps with a standard mag valve. You should never experience shootdown with a retro-valve and because it pushes back on your finger, the chance to short stroke is lessened a little. But how fast can you pull a mechanical trigger? Even if it does have a return assist? So in the end I would say get what you want, because if you really want to hose(i.e. 10 bps and up :), then you will need a fast charging valve(could be retro, or another gun...whatever) and an electro trigger)IMO. NOTE: Some guys can get an RT valve humming at god knows how many bps but I can't and recon the majority of us can't.

CHl2IS
11-13-2001, 04:39 PM
well i only have the stock trigger frame, so i would be getting a double trigger with the lcd frame. i dont really dont need to shoot THAT fast, but i need to shoot a reasonable speed. i do have some probs with short stroking, but not that much. seems like everyone is saying rt valve, so thats what im prolly gonna get. anyone know the cheapest price for one?

FooTemps
11-13-2001, 05:08 PM
The retro would help eliminate short stroking a little. It also keeps shootdown very low. The only con I can think of is the price and the nitro only.

mac2k4
11-13-2001, 05:13 PM
ELCD frames are tourney legal.

FooTemps
11-13-2001, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by mac2k4
ELCD frames are tourney legal.

So are the AGD retro valve and AGD Automag RT...

Tbone
11-13-2001, 05:26 PM
so is cheese

wait....what?:confused:

FooTemps
11-13-2001, 05:29 PM
LOL... I never knew that you could fit cheese onto a mag and it would improve the mag's performance. Maybe the cheese elves have something to do with it?

Ityl
11-13-2001, 08:08 PM
do you want reliable performance? Do you want that extra little bit of performance. electros are easier to shoot faster, but the retro valve will last just about forever. There's a reason why the emag uses 18 volts when the hyperframe and elcd use 9v.

zvanut
11-13-2001, 08:10 PM
Retro Valve

Sqweezer
11-13-2001, 09:08 PM
ELCD

MikeCouves
11-18-2001, 03:19 PM
Get the ReTro man. People can shoot so fast with those things due to the bounce. I have one question though. Is there a limit to how much pressure you have going into the gun for RT's so it doesn't runaway?

But man RT Valves are so reliable and backed by AGD, so...

Dave
11-25-2001, 03:14 PM
I just got my retro valve yesterday and I would recommend it big time! I have yet to break it in and get used to the different trigger, but even now this thing is rockin! The cool thing about it is, for the standard valve, you have to pull and release pretty hard and fast to go fast...but with the Retro...it's so easy to go faster...the trigger pull is much shorter and snappier. plus, when the trigger kicks back, you get that 'special' feeling:)

very cool.

-Dave

wimag
11-25-2001, 05:38 PM
retro retro retro

Xzion
11-25-2001, 05:42 PM
I say go with the ReTro Valve, and pick up either an Intelliframe, or a Z-Grip, gotta love that ractive triger :D

Vegeta
11-25-2001, 05:52 PM
Take how fast you can pull a normal mechanical trigger, and double it. Thats about how fats you'll be able to shoot with the RT. If you train your finger, possibly faster.