PDA

View Full Version : any devil mag owners??

darthp
01-30-2005, 07:39 PM
I am considering getting a devil mag or a new angel 05 speed. I have seen the new speed shoot but have not seen a devilmag. I really want to stay in the mag family so can anyone who owns one (besides GA devil) tell me how they like theirs. Thanks

Mechanic79
02-01-2005, 05:48 PM
I am considering getting a devil mag or a new angel 05 speed. I have seen the new speed shoot but have not seen a devilmag. I really want to stay in the mag family so can anyone who owns one (besides GA devil) tell me how they like theirs. Thanks

I just ordered my Devilmag today. I think it will take about 4-6 weeks since I'm getting it custom anno'd. I will let you know how it is when I get it if you want. So far Devil's Den has been easy to deal with and is very responsive which is nice.

I ordered a Devilmag becuase it is basically a total custom gun. No one else will have one. And it didn't come off an assembly line! Also, it still costs less than a lot of other supposed "top guns" on the market.

Take it easy,
Mechanic79

darthp
02-01-2005, 07:28 PM
yes I would like to know how you like your devilmag when you get it. Like I said I would like to stay with the AGD family, But I play in an indoor facility and the rates of fire are much higher so I need a gun that can keep up. Thanks for the reply and please let me know how you like it.

Lord_Whoopass
02-01-2005, 07:41 PM
I have a Devilmag... I LOVE IT!!! Extremely fast, rarely a broken ball (had a couple barrel breaks from crappy paint).... Also its the same weight as my normal RT mag... I cant say enough about it... I also Play at indoor fields as well as outdoor fields and it works great for both... and I play in 3 and 5 man tournys... Keeps up with all the DM5's, Timmys and other high end markers out there and it much easier to maintain...

commrad
02-02-2005, 12:51 AM
I haven't went to pick up my DM yet but if you wana know what was said about it at a tournament, email devils den and ask for Chris' number, ask him about letting the guy from the other team play with it, kool story not to mention he is a very nice guy, very helpful and he has a NAME not an answering machine which if you have a question or problem is a huge plus. As soon as I get time to make the 4 hour one way drive to go pic mine up I'll post another reply and let ya know what all my friends that use DYE 4 & 5's, timmys and angles think about it. :shooting:

darthp
02-02-2005, 01:53 AM
thanks for the replys lord woopass and commrad. I will definetly think about the devilmag. My two main concerns are: 1 If I will get the eye covers Or the compound,: 2 And How easy is it to use using the trigger to set all the settings. I have never shot an electro before and know nothing about them, but I have a logic frame and can walk it very easily. I would like to know more about how the trigger settings work and how much effort is involved in locking the settings in, and the video at devilsden is confusing. At first the gun won't shoot when there is no paintballs in the breech, then at the end the gun fires even when there are no paintballs in the hopper or in the breech??? Ok (GA devil) Please help clarify the video to me. Thanks

GA Devil
02-02-2005, 10:33 AM
your choice covers or compound..personally I like compound

very simple. Gun can be set up from default in a min or so if that long.
You can tourney lock you settings so when you set it it stays there till u unlock it.
its very simple operation.

in the beginning i was showing the eyes working. in the end i was shooting with the eyes off to show that the gun worked just as well as with eyes on so people know if there was a problem with the eyes in a game (yes it happens with any marker sometime) that your still in the game. Im not a big talker hence why I shot and not talked. ;) In the vid i tried to show all operation of the marker.

Lohman446
02-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Let me say this - I beleive that the DevilMag will perform as good as any other high end marker out there - not better. There have been a lot of possibilities that I am wrong - maybe I will see some improvement, but I don't expect it. I know what a mag shoots like and a mag, with good software, can be as good as anything else out there. The DM has promised this.

What I like about the DM and why I ordered one. Its a "one of" marker. Its not likely that anyone around you has one. There different, but not so different that getting parts will be hard. To me its the best of both worlds. I posted something awhile ago about what it would take to get me shooting mags again, it was a fairly extensive list made mostly from comparing top end markers (my Shockers, DM4s, Timmies, etc.) and deciding what I wanted. The DM addressed 98% or so of my concerns with mags - and in reality thats all any single marker did. So I ordered it, because it was special, because it was different, and because it suits my needs.

darthp
02-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Thank you all for the feed back. I believe I will convert my mag to a devil mag and stay in the family. I have the logic frame on my gun which gets alot of attention about what type of gun it is. I had one player tell me my shocker is fast and I laughed. :headbang: I was wondering Ga Devil do you have a pic of the gun with the compound so I can compare the two before I order mine. Thanks again.

guysdaman
02-03-2005, 08:49 AM
I will also put some pics up and let you know how mine performs when I get it back...i'm stoked! :headbang:

darthp
02-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Ok so let me get this straight, Nobody here actually has one except lord whoopass. I just read the new thread in paintball talk about the poll (devilmag vs...) and some said that they are still waiting on theirs. And many here are waiting on theirs also. So how long is the turn around time for one with me providing everthing except the electronic grip frame and the eyes?

Mechanic79
05-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Ok so let me get this straight, Nobody here actually has one except lord whoopass. I just read the new thread in paintball talk about the poll (devilmag vs...) and some said that they are still waiting on theirs. And many here are waiting on theirs also. So how long is the turn around time for one with me providing everthing except the electronic grip frame and the eyes?

I just got mine a couple weeks ago.

More Here (http://www.kemicalreaction.com/devilduster/paintball/devilmag/devilmag.html)

sisco87
05-17-2006, 08:37 PM
I thought this was a newer thread at first and actually thought someone had just ordered one after everything that's been going on..... :tard:

Mechanic - Wow that's nice :wow: So would you say it's worth the wait now that you actually got it?

And it's good to see another Dmag actually get sent out....

Mechanic79
05-17-2006, 08:45 PM
I thought this was a newer thread at first and actually thought someone had just ordered one after everything that's been going on..... :tard:

Mechanic - Wow that's nice :wow: So would you say it's worth the wait now that you actually got it?

And it's good to see another Dmag actually get sent out....

Absolutely worth the wait, though rediculous, for a totally customed gun. Sure, go buy anything off the shelf, and, it just came "off the shelf". This is a one-of-a-kind totally custom, lightest, fastest mag. I have had the pain and satisfaction of designing it myself as well. True form and function.

I don't even play tournaments any longer, though I still have what I've always wanted.

Objective completed. well almost, I still have a bit of fine tuning left. That's is the world of customization though...........

Thanks for the reply,

Mechanic79

Rudz
06-01-2006, 10:35 PM
i got mine..any one try a magnetic trigger mod yet??

Resurection
06-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Mine is awesome as well.