PDA

View Full Version : 15BPS and the home field...

punkncat
01-30-2005, 10:29 PM
I have seen many posts here on the boards concerning the 15BPS cap being put in place recently. Well it has finally hit at home field , but in an unexpected way......

When you look at it one way there is an advantage to the cap. Everyone is shooting SLOWER than they were before. But the downside is this. Now it seems ok to have a marker that is in all essence going full auto after 3-5 pulls with very little effort on the shooters part.

I have to admit , jealousy plays a role in my being upset by it. I mean how nice is it to mow at 15BPS while you are pulling the trigger at a leisurely rate ?
How much more effective will people be off the break and shooting lanes ?

...........and what really bothers me is even though I think its wrong , how long before I get "cheater" software for my marker to help stay competitive........?

:(

WARPED1
01-30-2005, 10:37 PM
The 15BPS cap will now show who really has skill, not who has the best software.

Blazestorm
01-30-2005, 10:43 PM
A local tourney allowed UNCAPPED Ramping, guess what?

The teams that placed in top 3 in all 3 divisions had not used ramping.

Yet teams were seen shooting 25+ bps but only putting 2-3bps.

RRfireblade
01-30-2005, 10:43 PM
The 15BPS cap will now show who really has skill, not who has the best software.

Seems to me that the contrary is actually true. :rolleyes:

trains are bad
01-30-2005, 10:44 PM
there is no way a 15bps cap has slowed anyone down that was legal before.

I have never seen anyone who could shoot over 15 bps as steadily as a ramper can.

AcemanPB
01-30-2005, 11:01 PM
...........and what really bothers me is even though I think its wrong , how long before I get "cheater" software for my marker to help stay competitive........?

:(

If the 15BPS cap rules allow ramping would the said software still be "cheater?"

Enemy
01-31-2005, 02:10 AM
only morally^^^ but im with punkncat 15bps cap im not for cuz i do have some fast fingers!! but ill deal with it 15 bps cap with 3 shot full auto im definetly not for!! this goes against all that the past has tried to deal with!! but in an era where cheater boards can be bought by anyone maybe it helps a little!!

Lohman446
01-31-2005, 09:56 PM
When you look at it one way there is an advantage to the cap. Everyone is shooting SLOWER than they were before.
(

I have cheater software.. I like it and I admit openly to everyone I play with to using it - is it still cheater if it is expressly allowed?

I doubt very many people using ramping have slowed down - VERY few people are capable of shooting over 15BPS in true semi

Now, if you have gone to controlled ramping and away from super bounce things may be slower, and certainly much more controllable

phantomhitman
01-31-2005, 10:13 PM

how? really, explain this to me? the slower i shoot the mroe skilled i am? so this means a pump player should own all? why do people think shooting slower, capping and "naziing guns" will increase skill? if you think these pros have it made shooting at either 15 bps full auto or uncapped 25+ bps then why dont you go run with them if it takes no skill?

punkncat
01-31-2005, 10:43 PM
I can't honestly comment on what kind of settings , bounce , ramping , etc is/was being used by players at the field . I have no evidence other than the markers own LCD account of their speed and just the sheer sound difference of the metered capped 15BPS vs. what was going on before . I can live with and applaud a cap , just not the FA .

As far as the "cheater" comment is concerned , If its the software and not your true physical ability then its a cheat . I feel any BPS ramping/auto operation is considered a cheat whether condoned by the sanctioning body or not .

abunkerer
01-31-2005, 11:16 PM
I can live with the 15bps cap, hopefully it will solve the "bouncing gun" arguments that were causing honest teams to get Disqualified, when their guns failed the robot test. Hopefully this will make the bouncing tests obsolete.
However I hope the psp & nppl does not adopt the full auto/ramping programs like the NXL. I don't like the idea of a gun ramping to 15bps after just 3-4 shots @ 6pbs. I see a lot of players doing run bys or bunkers shoot about 2-4 shots at their target, are those 2-4 shots going to turn into 15 shots!

I have heard conflicting rumors about these issues, someone let me know if the "nxl modes" are now legal in the psp nppl now, and if the 15bps cap is eliminating the need to check guns for bounce.

*tadao now has a m3 board that has 3 different modes: uncapped, 15bps capped, 15bps capped with ramping.

mark_1791
01-31-2005, 11:48 PM
And what about people that use mech guns who can't just turn ramping on/off? And what if you get more than 15 using a mech (hypothetically speaking), and you say its just because you can't limit the bps? I think this would bring a new value to mechs, because they wouldnt have the cap on them. So then, triggers like the hair would come out, and then everyone with fast enough fingers that dont need ramping could use mechs, since they wouldnt have a bps limit!

Not sure if I got my idea across very clearly...

Lohman446
02-01-2005, 07:08 AM
As far as the "cheater" comment is concerned , If its the software and not your true physical ability then its a cheat . I feel any BPS ramping/auto operation is considered a cheat whether condoned by the sanctioning body or not .

Its an evolution (good or bad) of the sport. Using your same logic I could argue that yuo shooting the paintballs rather than throwing them is a cheat because its not your physical ability. :p

SlartyBartFast
02-01-2005, 09:52 AM
Home fields and small tournaments simply have to adopt and enforce overshooting rules.

Then it is the players responsibility and liability if someone is shot too close too many times.