PDA

View Full Version : Emag Users

Carbon Blue
01-31-2005, 03:29 PM
Hey, im currently thinking about purchasing emag lowers and converting my minimag with an xvalve to do this. I plan on purchasing the lowers and rt pro sear along with the emag rail. This is all i need correct? because the minimag body should bolt right up to the emag rail. How much do complete emag lowers with the charger and rail go for? Do i have to purchase an emag on/off assembly? I currently have the stock on/off for the xvalve and the ULT on/off. Could i use the stock or ULT assembly with the emag?

Do any of you guys have any maintenance tips?
Is there an online instruction manual?
How do i switch between hybrid, electro, and mech?

MonsterMag
01-31-2005, 03:45 PM
I plan on purchasing the lowers and rt pro sear along with the emag rail. This is all i need correct? Yes , the sear and rail will work

because the minimag body should bolt right up to the emag rail. Yes , any body will work

How much do complete emag lowers with the charger and rail go for? 300-375

Do i have to purchase an emag on/off assembly? Yes , if you want to use the Xvalve

I currently have the stock on/off for the xvalve and the ULT on/off. Could i use the stock or ULT assembly with the emag? No , ULT does not work good with the emag, slows down recharge rate.

Do any of you guys have any maintenance tips? Oil and keep it looking nice
Is there an online instruction manual? Yes , http://www.airgun.com/downloads/emaginstructions.pdf
How do i switch between hybrid, electro, and mech? There is a switch on front of gun ( right next to trigger , look at the pic.

My Emag
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/10000/100_1715_1233_rs.JPG

MindJob
01-31-2005, 04:02 PM
You will need the E-mag on/off from AGD. It is the same as the RT pro on/off, only with a different length pin. You will also need to switch the small on/off top o-ring, with the special quad o-ring. This lets the pin move easier.

As far as price, try checking the B/S/T fourms. I've seen them anywhere from $320 used up to $500 new.

I know Tunaman can hook you up with what ever you need. Try dropping him a line and see what he says.

Koop
01-31-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm pretty sure you need the E-mag Sear Assembly, not the RT Pro.

Carbon Blue
01-31-2005, 04:24 PM
I'm pretty sure you need the E-mag Sear Assembly, not the RT Pro.

i believe the rtpro sear assembly is the same as the one the emag uses. and thanks for some help you guys

gibby
01-31-2005, 04:42 PM
I don't think the minimag body is compatible with the Emag rail unless the rail is modified to fit it.

Carbon Blue
01-31-2005, 05:14 PM
I don't think the minimag body is compatible with the Emag rail unless the rail is modified to fit it.

really because i would think that since i have seen pics of the tac 1 body on an emag and ULE bodies on emag rails and ULE bodies on regular am/mm rails i would think it would fit a minimag body, but i could be wrong?

gibby
01-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Problem is, the minimag body has that big square thing at the bottom where the grip frame screws into. The regular AM rail has that square notched out in the rail. The Tac One, RT Pro, ULE bodies have a small circular notch. This allows those bodies to fit on older AM rails. The Emag/ RT Pro rails don't have the square notch and only allows the smaller, circular thing.

If you take apart your Minimag, you'll see what I'm talking about. If you can, find a stock Emag rail and you'll see what I'm talking about. Compare the inside of the rail where the grip frame screw.

Believe me, I had the same thought process as you when I first bought my Emag lowers...only to find out my minimag body couldn't fit...GRRR!

Edit: Here's the pictures...

RT Pro/Emag Rail
http://store.airgun.com/images/product/large/lg_197.jpg

Stock AM Rail
http://store.airgun.com/images/product/large/lg_198.jpg

Notice the area behind the barrel detent. I just noticed for the RT Pro/Emag rail, I used the picture of the classic RT rail but it's the same thing.

Carbon Blue
01-31-2005, 06:58 PM
i guess there goes that idea!

darrickws
01-31-2005, 07:02 PM
you cant make it fit without grinding. Let me know if you n eed an emag body. I will swap you if you pay the shipping. I have one I was going to sell, but can sell the minimag body just as easy.

Koop
01-31-2005, 09:23 PM
i believe the rtpro sear assembly is the same as the one the emag uses. and thanks for some help you guys

I think you're mistaken as the E-mag sear has to connect directly to the solenoid and come out behind the trigger.

http://store.airgun.com/images/product/large/lg_153.jpg

Not your typical RT Pro Sear

Carbon Blue
02-01-2005, 12:31 AM
geez your right

Koop
02-01-2005, 10:39 AM
I just bought lowers and I got everything except for the Valve and Body. Both of which I already owned. Just talk to whoever you're buying from and they'll include the sear and rail no problem. What use would they have for a $55 sear when they sold their lowers?

MindJob
02-01-2005, 10:57 AM
i guess there goes that idea!

All you need is a dremel, a strong bit, and a good eye. I managed to modify my Emag rail to fit the minimag body. Jus tbe careful not to take TOO much off.

Carbon Blue
02-01-2005, 04:05 PM
thanks for all the replies. I was really in the market for an electro but figured out that converting my xvalved mag to an electro would cost way more than i thought it would. I can get the lowers for about 385 shipped and they are in mint condition with the rail and sear. Im not to good with a dremel so id probably have to purchase a ULE body (about 110 used) which would come to about 495. I also thought about doing a karta body and rail combo which would be around 310$ plus the purchase of a cocker barrel about 40-50$ and an rt pro sear 30$ i would be at 400$. I ended up buying a 04 dye reflex ebladed autococker for 400$ :) and its in mint condition.