PDA

View Full Version : The trigger rod...

ColdFuzion
01-31-2005, 05:32 PM
Well, I noticed that my trigger rod, loke most peoples, is threaded... So, what would the harm be in screwing it in more, to make a lesser trigger pull? I thought it through, and it seems fine. Of course, there's probably a good reason for it to not be screwed in. Either that, or it's something everyone does that I never found out about... Anyway, do you think it would work?

-Cold

P.S.-I'm talking about the rod connected to the sear that resets the trigger.

AGD202
01-31-2005, 05:36 PM
It wont work... it will shoot full auto if you do it, i had mine do it one time when i was cleaning it and i twisted it and didnt relize it, when i went to use it i pulled the trigger it just shot full auto on me

alooney11
01-31-2005, 05:44 PM
There has to be a certain amount of slop, (distance between the trigger rod and trigger) so that the gun will reset. And if you screw it in you increase the distance between the rod and trigger, making more slop. If you unscrew it you decrease the distance between the rod and trigger creating less slop but increasing the chances of your gun not fully reseting. If you want to play with that i suggest the logic frame with adjustable contact point.

Eatem Alive
01-31-2005, 05:46 PM
do a search, there are threads that explain why it is a bad idea.