PDA

View Full Version : Bolts

minkling
11-13-2001, 05:59 PM
I have done some upgrades, benchy 2x, macroline, 14" freak kit, flatline tank, and after reading about the 8 hole mod am NOT going to try that. But my question is bolts, long nose, short nose, foamie, foamie-less, venturi etc. Which is the best? I think that I have a short nose foamie-less bolt that came with the gun, Classic PF.

Army
11-13-2001, 06:16 PM
If you have the stock AGD short bolt, the triangular insert will stick out just above the bolt body. The AGD long bolt body will be flush with the top of the insert.

AGD foamies can be applied to either one, but most have no problem without it.

ANS and other "venturi" bolts (which really aren't a venturi anyway), are a waste of money. They do not improve performance, and usually will degrade it.

The long bolt nearly eliminates blowback, making chops harder to do. Other than a ReTro Valve, the long nose is a great upgrade for your Classic.

:cool:

FooTemps
11-13-2001, 06:21 PM
Hm... I say don't buy a long nose bolt. Wait for the super bolt.

aztecminds
11-13-2001, 07:04 PM
I have had the same bolt as yours on my gun for about 7 years. The bolt has never been responsible for breaking paint. Save your money for paintballs!!

PyRo
11-13-2001, 07:21 PM
The bolt that came with your gun probably has a triangular deale sticking out of it, with a small recess in the center. This bolt works fine (unless you have a standard or vert feed, then the extended nose will help reduce blowback, reducing the number of chops, this however is not a problem with the powerfeed), if you really want another botl right now get the AGD fommie which is a little easier on paint. I would stick with the stock bolt, and maybie get a new one after the new derilin bolt comes out.

minkling
11-13-2001, 07:29 PM
Is that the new "Super Bolt"? Thanks for all the info. I have the powerfeed and the only balls that I have broken is when I forgot to turn on the flatline and there was just enough pressure to shoot two and break one.

PyRo
11-13-2001, 07:33 PM
Then your fine. Yes I was refering to the superbolt, if you want a new one wait for that.
ANS bolts don't help at all, and just wear out faster.