PDA

View Full Version : Has the WWE become stupidly predictable

Lohman446
01-31-2005, 07:00 PM
Ok.. so I like wrestling... but it seemed that Royal Rumble had no surprises in it.

Gee, anyone else predict Orton loosing and then Batista winning the Royal Rumble setting up a HHH - Batista match - I even predicted that Flair would try and fail to throw him out from behind.

Snitzki and Heidenrick vs the Undertaker and then having Kane sit up out of the coffin - BORING, knew it.

The only surprises of the night were JBL winning against all odds (thats getting stupid btw), Michaels wasn't eliminated by Edge - I figured Edge and Michaels would both go over but Michaels would land on one foot, get back in to be speared...

I mean... what happened to the writers?

Mikey B
01-31-2005, 09:34 PM
I used to watch wrestling all the time (could go far enough to say obbsessive) but I stopped after the big merge of everything. Anyway, it has always had its predidctablility. Like the big names at the time will always fight eachother, and the reffs will get "distracted" while the other guy gets beat up by the other guys friends, yada yada yada. But yea, it has its moments.

WickeDKlowN
01-31-2005, 10:17 PM
I was hoping(and knew for a while) that Batista was gona win. Kane(well, someone but once Snitsky came out and Kane didn't it ws obvius who) being in the coffin was quite predictable.

They botched the ending of the Rumble a bit. If you watch, you can clearly see Batista hit first and Cena kinda fell on him. If Batista switches to SD to face JBL, I'm gonna shank someone. WWE actually has the chance to do something right for a change. And Vince falling down was classic.

Watching 8 guys beat that arab guy down was great though.

Glickman
01-31-2005, 10:44 PM
i havent watched wrestleing for years but...

since hasnt it been predicidable?

i mean, they all take ballet and run a script...

sound more like thespians then "wrestlers"

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
01-31-2005, 10:47 PM
They are athletic., and charismatic, but crappy actors basically

WicKeD_WaYz
01-31-2005, 11:51 PM

you forgot steroids. lots and lots of steroids.

RoadDawg
02-01-2005, 01:26 AM

Lets see you take a bump, chair shot and what not and see if you still have the brain capacity to act. It's not quite as easy as it looks. By the way... I love wrestling. Unfortunatly I've only been able to watch Smackdown for the last 5 months but I'm dealing. I think DX needs to make a come back.

Seriously though. Wrestling has been predictable, but yet entertaining for quite sometime. Bad guys always have to cheat to win, and the challenger always comes against all odds to win.

brianlojeck
02-01-2005, 11:47 AM
The last unpredictable thing I saw in wrestling was when Hulk Hogan body-slammed Big John Stud.

GA Devil
02-01-2005, 12:11 PM
lol i havent watched it in a loooooooooooooooong time. But was flipping thru the channels the other night and found on a public access channel TNA wrestling where they use old NWA title belts and found a few people i recognized, Kevin nash, scott hall, jeff jarett and ddp are there now along with brett hart and a few others. Its a real low quality show but was funny to watch. They dont use a square ring but an octogon ring with ropes all around and a set of turnbuckles on each corner. O well just my 42 cents, wrestling quit being entertaining years back when the big companies took over.

WickeDKlowN
02-01-2005, 04:24 PM
TNA is pretty good. Fox has been running them on Fox sports for a trial run and from what I hear it has the highest ratings on the channel so it's only a matter of time before they're on Fox or FX. I havn't watched them in a while, but for awhile they were starting to look like WCW in it's last year or two. I think that was mostly due to Russo though.

tony3
02-01-2005, 05:43 PM
Wrestling was never cool from what I can remember. It is so obvious it is fake.

Rebel46_99
02-02-2005, 10:10 AM
And Vince falling down was classic.

We DVR'ed the show and if you caught it the first time, when Vince tried to slide into the ring, he smacked his right thigh near the knee-cap on the edge of the platform. Also if you noticed, when he tried to stand up, his leg gave out, either from the patella or damage to the muscle leading to it.