PDA

View Full Version : mag RT

snowbuddyjay
02-01-2005, 02:56 AM
i love my RT but i can not get it to rapid fire/react for very long..like it shoots really fast for about 5 or 6 shots roughly and than it seems like the seer pin that hits the trigger does not fully reset to the back of the trigger, and i was wondering if my pin was not set right or what...it has a lvl10 bolt, the valve just says RT on it, intelliframe, 14" dye boomstick (not pictured). so far the marker rips i just want it to rapid fire a little better. pulling the trigger by itself is fun and all, but the look on someones face as they get infront of my as i am shooting really fast is too good :wow: heh.
if anyone could help me out a little bit i would appreciate that deeply.

Target Practice
02-01-2005, 03:13 AM
What kind of tank do you have? From what I can understand, your tank regulator is not keeping up with the marker. Try a faster tank, like a Dye Throttle, and see if you notice a difference.

snowbuddyjay
02-01-2005, 04:04 AM
my tank is a brand new PMI 68ci/4500psi tank pilled about 6 times bouthgt about 1 month ago. although i can see the pressure on the reg that is attached to the rail drop everytime i shoot it is there anything else i can do? i dont quite have the money to buy another new tank

snowbuddyjay
02-01-2005, 04:08 AM
alo i bought a new seer and am trying to install it because i thought maybe that had something to do with it, how much play should the pin have from the back of the trigger without touching it?

Enemy
02-01-2005, 04:27 AM
do not i repeat do not move that pin leave it alone!!! you just need a little work with the rt! other than buying a new adjustable tank and cranking up the pressure that is what your are going to be with you may try adding a longer on/off pin the thing inside the valve you may have the .750 take a caliper and measure for better reactivity you may want to try .765!! also this is a tech question and would be better served in that thread!!!

mcdkid
02-01-2005, 09:09 AM
http://zakvetter.com/ is down it seems. but when it gets back up, look in the AO part of the site, and he breaks down rapid-fireing. and just follow the how-to section.

Dayspring
02-01-2005, 09:29 AM
You're going the wrong way. You want a SHORTER pin to do that. Longer will remove the RT kick, plus, it may not even let the mag work.

do not i repeat do not move that pin leave it alone!!! you just need a little work with the rt! other than buying a new adjustable tank and cranking up the pressure that is what your are going to be with you may try adding a longer on/off pin the thing inside the valve you may have the .750 take a caliper and measure for better reactivity you may want to try .765!! also this is a tech question and would be better served in that thread!!!

magman007
02-01-2005, 12:51 PM
What kind of tank do you have? From what I can understand, your tank regulator is not keeping up with the marker. Try a faster tank, like a Dye Throttle, and see if you notice a difference.

actually, the throttle is crap compared tot he crossfire and the pmi tanks. throttles actually have rediculously slow recharge rates... its quite sad

deadbox101
02-01-2005, 01:03 PM
I believe pmi tanks have slow recharge rates making your input pressure possibly go under 700 or so.

Correct me if im wrong on the recharge rates, but you should get an AGD Flatline off the Air BST forums here for cheap.

peewee
02-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Check you output on your tank mine runs about 850 & I get some decent rates without dropoff.

mag88888
02-01-2005, 01:25 PM
shorter on/off pin as Dayspring said. people say, "add more shims to your ult", if someone is asking like you "how do i get my gun to be more reactive?" when you add the shims it makes your on/off pin shorter, thus making it more reactive. even if you dont have a ult, this was just to explain it to you. hope it helped.

snowbuddyjay
02-02-2005, 01:57 AM
the pin on my seer was too long to begin with. i installed it and there was no play at all what so ever between the trigger and the pin and pulling the trigger would not fire the gun, so having to move the seer pin was a must, no other way really. where can i get a on/off pin and possibly the rogue factor triggers?

snowbuddyjay
02-02-2005, 02:16 AM
is there a difference between an rt seer and an rt pro seer?....well it was WAY too long, it would not fireeven after moving it in a little it was STILL too long, but it was almost starting to work, so i moved it in a little more and now it is firing every few times i pull the trigger so i'm getting closer..lol :cool:

Target Practice
02-02-2005, 02:28 AM
actually, the throttle is crap compared tot he crossfire and the pmi tanks. throttles actually have rediculously slow recharge rates... its quite sad

Not to derail the thread, but I'm going to have to disagree.

Example.

We had an 04 LCD trix at the shop. One day, I got bored, so I did some work on it. I took out the trigger spring and adjusted the trigger. Basically, if you pulled at the very top of the trigger and held it down, you'd be able to have full auto on command. With the Crossfire 45 we had, you could only fire FA for about 5-6 seconds before the tank wouldn't keep up. With the Throttle, at the same pressure, I was able to pull off a 50 SECOND full auto string. At the end of the string, the Throttle's regulator had condensation on it due to the MASSIVE amount of air that was moving though it in such a short period of time.

For those of you saying it is a testament to the shear awesomeness of the Trix, I was also able to replicate the trigger (FA on command) on a 2k2 Cocker with an ANS frame. Again, with the Crossfire, there was 5-7 seconds of FA, but with the Throttle, I was able to get a string of OVER 1 minute. Again, the reg developed condensation due to the massive amount of air that was moved.

Anyhoo, yeah. I should start doing those jobs. the first one sold the trix in a week after 2 months on the wall.

SpecialBlend2786
02-02-2005, 02:40 AM
Not to derail the thread, but I'm going to have to disagree.

Example.

We had an 04 LCD trix at the shop. One day, I got bored, so I did some work on it. I took out the trigger spring and adjusted the trigger. Basically, if you pulled at the very top of the trigger and held it down, you'd be able to have full auto on command. With the Crossfire 45 we had, you could only fire FA for about 5-6 seconds before the tank wouldn't keep up. With the Throttle, at the same pressure, I was able to pull off a 50 SECOND full auto string. At the end of the string, the Throttle's regulator had condensation on it due to the MASSIVE amount of air that was moving though it in such a short period of time.

For those of you saying it is a testament to the shear awesomeness of the Trix, I was also able to replicate the trigger (FA on command) on a 2k2 Cocker with an ANS frame. Again, with the Crossfire, there was 5-7 seconds of FA, but with the Throttle, I was able to get a string of OVER 1 minute. Again, the reg developed condensation due to the massive amount of air that was moved.

Anyhoo, yeah. I should start doing those jobs. the first one sold the trix in a week after 2 months on the wall.

Yeah, my throttles have always worked perfectly, never starved my emag

Dayspring
02-02-2005, 09:38 AM
It could be that your on/off pin is the wrong size, so that may be the issue, and now your trigger rod is out of spec.

What rail do you have and what valve are you running?

is there a difference between an rt seer and an rt pro seer?....well it was WAY too long, it would not fireeven after moving it in a little it was STILL too long, but it was almost starting to work, so i moved it in a little more and now it is firing every few times i pull the trigger so i'm getting closer..lol :cool: