PDA

View Full Version : how would this work?

Vil3
11-13-2001, 06:29 PM
Lets say i want to get my e-mag custom anodized (does agd do ano by the way) in a chrome or silver ano. I know i simply just send in my e-mag and the job will be completed but i realized i have a powdercoated body-therefore it cant be anod over right? Will i have to buy a new body directly from AGD, or could i trade a body or how would this work?

speedballbanks
11-13-2001, 06:37 PM
you cant anno it. It is steel not aluminum aluminum can be annoed you can powdercoat it though

Vil3
11-13-2001, 06:42 PM
you are wrong.. next person plz (lol) i know it can be annod speed because i have seen it in the e-mag gallery on www.airgun.com/europe or somewhere in there- i have seen a silver one- im saying besides the main body u can ano the sight rails, grip frames, battery etc. cuz it was done on the gallery.

FooTemps
11-13-2001, 06:44 PM
You can anno anything aluminum on the gun...

speedballbanks
11-13-2001, 08:01 PM
no iam not wrong you cant anno steel but you can powder coat it ask redrider he would know or for that matter ask agd.

aztecminds
11-13-2001, 08:10 PM
Chrome is not anno it is plating. Can only anno aluminum. Steel can be polished, chrome plated, nickle plated, powder coated. Hope this helps!:cool:

Prezents
11-13-2001, 10:53 PM
aztecminds
Chrome is not anno it is plating. Can only anno aluminum. Steel can be polished, chrome plated, nickle plated, powder coated. Hope this helps!

Aztecminds is correct, you can Nickle plate and Chrome plate steel.

speedballbanks
11-14-2001, 04:28 PM
i know that lol but i dont think the guy asking the ? understands that yuo cant ano steel only powdercoat it correct me if iam wrong.

hey does anyone else realize this that thanksgiving is only a few days away that means turkey

Vil3
11-16-2001, 05:58 PM
k next question-will i have to purchase a whole new body-or can a powdercoated body be chrome plated over

speedballbanks
11-17-2001, 10:28 PM
yes yuo can repowder it

Russ
11-17-2001, 10:36 PM
The mainbody can be stripped and refinished. plated with nickel, chrome, gold, powdercoated or polished. Whatever you like.

The rest of your gun is aluminum. That can be annodized any color you choose. I hear PK Selectives does the annodizing for AGD. They're the ones that did the Tequila Sunrise fade on my E-Mag. Hope this helps.