PDA

View Full Version : HELP to identify a 'mag body

Scott Hudnall
02-01-2005, 04:58 PM
I've got a black 'mag body I'm trying to identify....exactly what type of model it is from....or better yet, what type of RAIL it will actually work on.

the difference in this body and the classic body is the shape of the mounting screw threaded area just behind the twist lock pin, where the screw goes through in front of the trigger, through the rail and into the body.

the 'classic' body has a screw mount that is a rectangular shape. This 'mag body is a round mount instead.

Who can help identify it? What rail will fit it? it seems to be a little too deep to fit correctly on a classic 'mag rail.

Thanks in advance. If there's a thread with pics, would appreciate a link to it. :D

VFX_Fenix
02-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Ummm... well... Since it has a twist lock I'm guessing that it's a stock body of some flavor since I don't know who else did the twist lock bodies.

If it's threaded for barrels then it could be anything from a Minimag body to a z-Body

Automaggot68
02-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Ummm... well... Since it has a twist lock I'm guessing that it's a stock body of some flavor since I don't know who else did the twist lock bodies.

If it's threaded for barrels then it could be anything from a Minimag body to a z-Body

The Minimag was never threaded for barrels, it was another twistlock body.

kevdupuis
02-01-2005, 07:40 PM
If it has a round pim then you should have a RtPro/E-mag body which will fit on a Classic rail.

Scott Hudnall
02-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the info.

It's a twist lock body......

Does anyone know of a link here at AO that can show (pics) exactly which body type it is?

To clarify: The front grip bolt/screw bolts into this hole in the 'mag body, which is actually configured as round, rather than rectangular, and is made to set a little deeper in the rail than the normal classic rail will allow.

VFX_Fenix
02-02-2005, 03:48 AM
The Minimag was never threaded for barrels, it was another twistlock body.

meant Micro Mag there actually lol

space_weazel_45
02-02-2005, 03:44 PM
well whats the front end of the body look like? is it angled, have holes, center, feed powerfeed, ect we need details...

Scott Hudnall
02-02-2005, 08:30 PM
well whats the front end of the body look like? is it angled, have holes, center, feed powerfeed, ect we need details...

The front end is angled. no holes (not the classic RT), is PF Left.

jamescell
02-02-2005, 08:35 PM
did you look in agd gallery?

Scott Hudnall
02-02-2005, 09:45 PM
did you look in agd gallery?
Okay....that would have been too simple.

It's now identified as an "Emag/RT PRO" main body, black, powerfeed left.

Thanks.