PDA

View Full Version : My Classic valve is 10 years old....

UteMachine
02-01-2005, 09:39 PM
My classic valve is ten years old(original owner, and not once has my gun ever had a problem). I just recently started running air and I am still getting a little bit of shoot down and some eratic chrono speeds.

My question is what should I do if anything to this valve? It has never been opened and the only thing that's been replaced is the bumper and spring. Should it be taken apart and cleaned? If so is that hard? Should I buy new seals for it? Also I am scared once I crack this thing open it will never be the same. I could use your advice. Thanks as always!

mcdkid
02-01-2005, 09:46 PM
this should help http://www.havoc-online.com/11668.html

alooney11
02-02-2005, 01:05 AM
Dont be afraid to open it up, but if i was you...it is the winter season...send it in to agd, they will give it a good once over, tell them to replace the seals and make sure everything is up to par(you should only have to pay for shipping. What is the serial #?

UteMachine
02-02-2005, 02:02 AM
The serial number is CF12516. They seriously go through it just for shipping? How do I go about doing that?

UteMachine
02-02-2005, 02:28 AM
I was just reading AGD's warranty and it looks like they used to do that but stopped. I could be wrong.

TAW
02-02-2005, 03:37 AM
Well Happy Birthday to your valve :dance:

Now do something special for it and get a parts kit and some lube. The best thing is to do the work yourself even if you struggle a little we are here for you dude.

UteMachine
02-02-2005, 12:04 PM
Thanks Taw, you've convinced me. I'll do it myself and keep you updated. Thanks as always.

Scott Hudnall
02-02-2005, 03:11 PM
Mine's older....a real AIR valve....in the 05000's.....

You should simply buy a rebuild kit (about $10) and replace all the o-rings. Could be a combination of several things, likely sticky o-rings. BUT....at the same time, given the age of the valve, I would suggest replacing the spring pack in the back of the valve. I know that they are rumored to never need replacing, but replacing it has done the trick for me in the past.

UteMachine
02-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Ok, I got my parts kit and I am about to go where I have never gone before. Any tips? What I should use to clean it? Thanks!

Thunder Bunny
02-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Didn't you get a video when you bought it? It shows how to take it apart, clean and replace o-rings.

personman
02-05-2005, 11:02 AM
Ok, I got my parts kit and I am about to go where I have never gone before. Any tips? What I should use to clean it? Thanks!
If you're getting shoot down and you've never opened up your mag before to replace the reg seat, I can pretty much almost guarentee that's it. There is one in the parts kit, all you have to do it unscrew the back half of the valve and it will be right there (and probably look really dirty) just replace it, it looks like this.
http://store.airgun.com/images/product/31.jpg

But if that doesnt work or you just feel the need to replace the orings, go ahead, its not that hard. :)
Just oil when you're done and let them break in :)

BeaverEater
02-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Man if thats a 10 year old valves serial number, my old one is really old then. It was like 6000 or so.