PDA

View Full Version : Pushbutton on/off's??

Skoad
02-02-2005, 01:35 AM
Anyone have any experience with push button on/off asas? (not ON tank regs, but asa's) I did a quick google search and came up with a few, but wondering what else is out there and how well they work.

Easy to use? Leak?

AnArchist_1944
02-02-2005, 01:41 AM
I use a System X Slider after about 3 weeks it started leaking a bit but I went and got a bag of bulk o-rings and just replaced em. but keep in mind I play in heavy gritty dirt/sand and I forgot to Oil my gun for those 3 weeks.

oh forgot to mention very easy to use and it drains the extra air still in your line. dont know how I got by without one before.

rkjunior303
02-02-2005, 08:29 AM
I use the System X slider on/off as well and I've had -no- problems with it what so ever.. No leaking or anything *knock on wood*

It really is a great product, I love the fact it bleeds the line when you shut it off.

Tim Taylor
02-02-2005, 12:54 PM
I have an old Taso cam ASA with a lever on the outside. As you switch the lever from vertical to horizontal it spins a cam that pushes in the pin. It works great. I know I have seen others out ther that work the same but the name doesn't come to mind.

mixwell2
02-02-2005, 01:26 PM
I use the Hybrid slider...called the GRIND...on both my mags. They work great and only changed out the O-Rings once. I have had them for about a year and I play every weekend.

slade
02-02-2005, 05:47 PM
ive seen RK's system X ASA, and it seems like a great idea and one that was carried out well. My friend has a system x cocker and it is very poor quality, but this ASA seems to be higher quality. it sort of makes me wish i didnt get my check it products unimount (even though i love it)

shatter_storm
02-02-2005, 06:42 PM
I was given a system x slider for free (unopened box) and I've had nothing but problems with it. It's a nice design, but mine eats o-rings every two weeks.
And the single setscrew holding the core in kinda sucks, it takes huge bites out of the core when it slips loose. I have to crank down on the main screw and that set screw to get it to hold together on a dovetail mount.