PDA

View Full Version : What FPS consistency to aim for

dawump
11-13-2001, 08:35 PM
Hi all,

I'm working on my automag to get very high levels of consistency, but don't know what to aim for. With a well balanced setup what fps range should I aim to achieve over a 10 shot string with Nitrogen and a good paint to barrel match.

Also, I was thinking about buying a 4oz CO2 bottle to carry on just incase I run out of air. The last time I switched from Nitrogen to CO2 I shot REALLY hot, but this was a while back when my gun wasn't well setup.

If the regulator is well setup, should I get the same fps if I change from nitrogen or CO2 or does all this depend on tank pressure?

Thanks

Keith

Restola
11-13-2001, 08:46 PM
if you already use nitro why not just make sure you always have enough to get you through the next game? save you some money.

PyRo
11-14-2001, 09:51 AM
You will see some differance when you switch from N2 to Co2.

dawump
11-14-2001, 10:39 AM
Thanks. When I'm on Nitro any idea what type of consistency to expect over a 10 shot string?

Keith

dawump
11-14-2001, 11:33 AM
.. about the saving money by making sure I have enough nitrogen.. it wouldn't.

My 3000PSI 44cu tank lasts me two 20 minute games most of the time unless I get in a major fire fight. To be ABSOLUTELY sure that I make it last I would have to refil it for every game, and even though it is half full would still pay a full fill. I don't want to buy another nitro tank until I can afford a 4500 66, and that is fairly far down my list of desired stuff right now.

A 4oz CO2 tank which is very small, light and could go into one of my pod spaces in my belt costs a mere $15 to buy. It would be a good thing to have "just in case" for the end of a second game.

Looks like I can't do it safely though as the CO2 will fire hot if I have chronod with the nitro.

It was just a thought.

Keith

Ityl
11-14-2001, 09:04 PM
my mag would shoot +/- 1 fps over the chrono. Sometimes 0. With the trigger being pulled fast you might see a little decrease in velocity, maybe not. If you have +/- 3-5 fps that's decent. Anymore and you'll notice the accuracy a lil off.