PDA

View Full Version : USPS free boxes+PBN=Disaster

CaptaiN_JacK
02-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Dear Lord, has anybody else seen the free USPS shipping boxes thread over at Pbnation? Kids are ordering THOUSANDS of those free boxes and THOUSANDS of free shipping stickers (apiece, literally). Talk about impulse-ordering, I doubt they realized how stupid it was to order so many boxes until their parents reminded them.

And people wonder where their tax money goes?

Link: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=824136

That isn't the original thread on it, I was too lazy to find it and I think it might have been locked anyways.

-=Squid=-
02-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Hmm... I wonder if I can get free mailing envelopes.

Link to the boxes?

Steelrat
02-02-2005, 08:55 PM
You can go into any post office and get the free boxes and priority envelopes. If my kids did that I'd kick their butts.

-=Squid=-
02-02-2005, 08:58 PM
You can go into any post office and get the free boxes and priority envelopes. If my kids did that I'd kick their butts.
Wow. I had absolutely no idea. What about non-priority? Like, just plain manilla envelopes? Anything like that?

Steelrat
02-02-2005, 09:08 PM
I don't think so. The best thing the PO just came out with is the "flat rate" box. You just pay a flat fee for the box, regardless of weight or destination.

-=Squid=-
02-02-2005, 09:21 PM
I don't think so. The best thing the PO just came out with is the "flat rate" box. You just pay a flat fee for the box, regardless of weight or destination.
Ya, I saw that. I'm lookin' to save a little money on shipping though, that will add two bucks. Hmm... I'll go ask em'.

RogueFactoryKid
02-02-2005, 09:27 PM
I personally ordered 475 because im a immature 16 year old that wants to have some free fun at someone elses expense. The funniest part about it is my mom is the mail lady that will be delivering them. :D

PyRo
02-02-2005, 09:31 PM
1. Fill flat rate box complelty with depleated uranium
2. Have two guys carry it in and place it on the counter
3. Pay your $8.00 or so postage
4. Laugh

PyRo
02-02-2005, 09:36 PM
it isnt your tax money, usps is privately funded through shippment and stamps, the government does not run it, but the government only REGULATES it. therefore, YOUR money isnt going into our forts and you should stfu.
Oh so smart.

I hope somwhere is says any order over 100 will be $1 per box. Imagine when they get their boxes, throw them out and two weeks later get a bill for $2900. :)

Steelrat
02-02-2005, 09:48 PM
I hope you get a visit from the Postal Inspectors. Why is it that anytime a company or a person tries to provide a service, people have to try and abuse it just for fun?

PyRo
02-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Just ordered 225 boxes and a bunch of lables and stickers :)
But I actually use them so the morons ordering them to ruin it for the rest of us can bite me. I really hope that the PN nation idiots get their 3000 boxes, make a fort, take pictures, and the pictures are subsequently used at their trial for misuse/destroying/whatever it is USPS property, maybie mail fraut? That would be hilarious.
I just found out eBay has free boxes too and they have cool eBay logos on them, too bad I just ordered all the USPS ones.

-=Squid=-
02-02-2005, 10:03 PM
link to the free boxes? I couldn't find it on the site.

PyRo
02-02-2005, 10:04 PM
link to the free boxes? I couldn't find it on the site.
I refuse to post it due to idiot abuse.

-=Squid=-
02-02-2005, 10:07 PM
I refuse to post it due to idiot abuse.
You do realize that I would use them right?

Thanks anyways, got it.

PyRo
02-02-2005, 10:09 PM
I personally ordered 475 because im a immature 16 year old that wants to have some free fun at someone elses expense. The funniest part about it is my mom is the mail lady that will be delivering them. :D
I never fingerd you squid, but if I post if for you then idiots like this get it.

What sucks is the minimum order is 25, I would have been happier with 10, anyway now I have a years supply of boxes :)

Steelrat
02-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Its not you. There are people who posted on this thread, and all the idiots for PBN, that are trying to ruin it for everyone.

Warewolf50
02-02-2005, 10:52 PM
HAHA does anyone member this thing http://www.nichd.nih.gov/publicatio...y.cfm?from=milk now i heard some stories of people compeltly abusing that.

CaptaiN_JacK
02-02-2005, 11:04 PM
^Broken link, but I do sort-of remeber something involving milk stickers or brochures

PyRo
02-02-2005, 11:24 PM
Yeah the milk thing got raped. Imagine how many boxes were sent out to people on PBN, now how many other forums like that are their out of. The amount of waste generated by retards has to be over ten thousand a year not to mention the poor trees :(

Alpha
02-02-2005, 11:37 PM
I ordered about 100 boxes. I'll use them for ebay selling and such, but it won't' hurt to make a scale model of stalingrad on the weekends...

CaptaiN_JacK
02-03-2005, 12:04 AM
all the idiots at PBN, that are trying to ruin it for everyone.

Too late, now they put a cap on how many boxes you can order. That isn't a bad thing, and they probably should have done that from the start. I could care less, it's not like I'm going to order boxes, but it will be a nuisance for big companies that actually want 2000 boxes. Oh well, not that big of a deal.

Lohman446
02-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Too late, now they put a cap on how many boxes you can order. That isn't a bad thing, and they probably should have done that from the start. I could care less, it's not like I'm going to order boxes, but it will be a nuisance for big companies that actually want 2000 boxes. Oh well, not that big of a deal.

I imagine large companies that use that many boxes regularly to ship by USPS can simply ask and will be given them based on past usage

Automaggin2
02-03-2005, 11:09 AM
Back when I was in middle school, kids would go to the post office and get those blank postal stickers that are a little bigger then a notecard. They would do there graffiti on them and stick em eveywhere

-=Squid=-
02-03-2005, 11:18 AM
I imagine large companies that use that many boxes regularly to ship by USPS can simply ask and will be given them based on past usage
I don't know of many "big" companies that ship boxes USPS anyways; typically UPS.

Steelrat
02-03-2005, 01:14 PM
I don't know of many "big" companies that ship boxes USPS anyways; typically UPS.

You'd be surprised. UPS owns the ground shipping market, but they can't match the cost of priority mail.

-=Squid=-
02-03-2005, 01:38 PM
You'd be surprised. UPS owns the ground shipping market, but they can't match the cost of priority mail.
True, but big companies get pretty cheap UPS rates. It costs us about the same to ship UPS ground as USPS priority.

Kai
02-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Back when I was in middle school, kids would go to the post office and get those blank postal stickers that are a little bigger then a notecard. They would do there graffiti on them and stick em eveywhere

I get mine from UPS. They offer larger sizes.

_tMAN
02-03-2005, 04:24 PM
I've used this before, and for a good reason, I ship out about 8 boxes a week. Although I ordered 100 boxes and 700 stickers, I only have about a quarter of what I started with. I don't even ship USPS though, I use UPS, so I have to brown paper bag all the boxes. And the stickers are great for holding the box together.

Xyxyll
02-03-2005, 06:19 PM
I've used this before, and for a good reason, I ship out about 8 boxes a week. Although I ordered 100 boxes and 700 stickers, I only have about a quarter of what I started with. I don't even ship USPS though, I use UPS, so I have to brown paper bag all the boxes. And the stickers are great for holding the box together.

Just assemble the boxes inside out. Then they're UPS boxes. It really bothers me reading through the PBN threads. I haven't been there in a few months, and it's so overrun with immature kids it's ridiculous. As for the boxes, I'm trying to be considerate and find what boxes I need. I wish there were some nice marker-sized boxes. I'm trying to find boxes that I will actually use. USPS should go after all these kids and make an example of them.

irbodden
02-03-2005, 06:29 PM
I'd be very suprised if USPS actually send them their free boxes.

Kevmaster
02-03-2005, 06:59 PM
I could have sworn that use of those boxes for anything other than mailing items priority (or express) mail was a federal offense....i suppose not. I remember something about that from when I was ordering about 150 of them (and 500 labels) (and I did have a real use for them via usps)

oh well.

Xyxyll
02-03-2005, 07:02 PM
I think it did say something like that Kevmaster, but I think it's a loose warning. I use USPS for my shipping anyway, so no problem here. But I suppose if the box is inside-out, nobody but the receiver would ever know.

PyRo
02-03-2005, 07:05 PM
You got free boxes on the contingency that they were to be used to ship items via USPS priority mail. You didn't use them for this purpose, this is otherwise known as stealing.

PyRo
02-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Just assemble the boxes inside out. Then they're UPS boxes. .
I f you look on the inside of the box you will see "Priority Mail" printed on it. USPS does this to prevent people from turning them inside out and using them for regular mail. I did it once and they refused to ship it.

PyRo
02-03-2005, 07:09 PM
I could have sworn that use of those boxes for anything other than mailing items priority (or express) mail was a federal offense
You cannot use priority boxes for express or vice versa. And you are correct, it is a federal offense, those kids could (not that it would happen) end up serving jail time or paying tens of thousands in fines for this.

dj89
02-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Item #:O-FRB2 QTY: 25 Priority Mail Flat Rate Box

Item #:O-BOX4 QTY: 25 Priority Mail Box

Item #:O-BOX7 QTY: 25 Priority Mail Box

Item #:FORM 152 QTY: 20 Delivery Confirmation Form

Item #:LABEL 107-R QTY: 1 Priority Mail Sticker

Item #:LABEL 228 QTY: 50 Priority Mail Address Label

Item #:LABEL 228-C QTY: 10 Priority Mail Address Label

Now they can pick it up from me. No more driving down town :clap: :headbang: :bounce:

Thanks pyro :cheers:

Kevmaster
02-03-2005, 08:17 PM
You cannot use priority boxes for express or vice versa. And you are correct, it is a federal offense, those kids could (not that it would happen) end up serving jail time or paying tens of thousands in fines for this.

i know they arn't interchangeable...but that using a priority (or express) box for anything other tha its inteded purpose is a crime, as far as i know...but whatev...let em have fun

tony3
02-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Why would they get in trouble for getting boxes? They aren't really doing anything wrong. That is like giving away free samples of a food on the street and taking a bunch, they are free, its not stealing.

PyRo
02-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Because when you order them you have to agree to certain terms. These terms clearly spell out that it is a felony to use these boxes for anything other than priority mail shipping.

dj89
02-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Yep, I was trying to get what they said but it did not do the smae thing and I ordered another 25 boxes :tard: . O well it the only one I did not order.

maglover728
02-03-2005, 08:52 PM
If you are serious, you just have to visit usps.com. They will track you, as you have to start up an online account type registry with them. 25 is the min and they are only 12x12 at the largest, that I saw. This is great to know as I used AND HAD TO PAY FOR 3 just last week AT the post office! Be smart, be responsible.

dj89
02-03-2005, 08:58 PM
If you are serious, you just have to visit usps.com. They will track you, as you have to start up an online account type registry with them. 25 is the max and they are only 12x12 at the largest, that I saw. This is great to know as I used AND HAD TO PAY FOR 3 just last week AT the post office! Be smart, be responsible.
I had to buy 7 it was almost 15 just for the boxes :eek:

Xyxyll
02-03-2005, 09:46 PM
They can track me all they want. I already use USPS. I ordered the bare minimum of the boxes I am likely to use. :D

tony3
02-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Because when you order them you have to agree to certain terms. These terms clearly spell out that it is a felony to use these boxes for anything other than priority mail shipping.

Pfft, who reads the fine print :D

Ov3rmind
02-04-2005, 03:34 AM
Haha, this is why I <3 PBN.

SoccerPaintball3
02-04-2005, 12:20 PM
PBN is trash

RogueFactoryKid
02-04-2005, 03:25 PM
PBN is trash
Care to Explain?

Alpha
02-04-2005, 03:43 PM
I'll explain it. From what I see PBN isn't a forum community, its like AOL and AIM chats. FUll of random people, mostly young kids, acting immature, flaming, acting foolish, and doing bad stuff and being cool.

AO here is a much mroe mature, sit straight up get er done kinda forum.

And paintball forum.com is more in the middle of the both. Its got crakcheads form PBN, and some cool cats from here.

Not to say that PBN is all crackheads...

Anyways... I took a pic of all my boxes. NEver again will I have to wait in line for a sticker and hunt down boxes. I never got my stickers or delivery confirmaiton and signature on delivery stickers. I made a second order with those on it.

Ov3rmind
02-04-2005, 04:39 PM
I'll explain it. From what I see PBN isn't a forum community, its like AOL and AIM chats. FUll of random people, mostly young kids, acting immature, flaming, acting foolish, and doing bad stuff and being cool.
This forum is mostly young kids as well. And what you described is Small Talk. The forums as a whole aren't that bad until people from AO insist on blowing it out of proportion.

AO here is a much mroe mature, sit straight up get er done kinda forum.
Don't kid yourself. It used to be. Now it's just people complaining about PBN and newer members. The difference is that the immaturity on PBN is humorous, here it just sounds like whining.

matt-o
02-05-2005, 11:49 AM
yeah this kinda stuff is why i love to check up on pbn once in a while,, this and that deer gore thread are just hilarious. and AO is getting just a little whiney, pbn is very humorous.

Xyxyll
02-05-2005, 06:14 PM
I've been on PBN for years. It's only gotten worse. It is where I did a lot of research, met most of my paintball buddies online, and started my business, but I will no longer visit PBN unless I need to check something. I try and avoid Small Talk if at all possible. It's terribly sad what they talk about, how they talk, why they talk... hell, the entire mentality over there is "I'm right you're wrong" with immature kids running around commanding attention. I'm much more comfortable over here. :D

Echo419
02-05-2005, 08:45 PM
I just ordered 50. We're moving soon, and we need boxes (Like we seriously have been buying them already)

dj89
02-05-2005, 08:48 PM
I just ordered 50. We're moving soon, and we need boxes (Like we seriously have been buying them already)
Why would you buy boxes? Go to tops and has for them before the crush them. Thats what i did.

Echo419
02-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Well the boxes we bought we're huge, and for a specific thing. But my mom reluctantly was happy with my obtainment of these free boxes