PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Harrassed Sister Poster

Glickman
02-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Your thread mustve been deleted, and i do not know your account name to send you the information i was going to post.

anyway, hope this helps

well if they include death threats, and have be happening consistantly (to show its not just a prank call) theyll be in a crapload of trouble.

If you have a case, and need to know who it is, heres a few ways.

You can contact an isp with the ip of the person in question through your lawywer, and get a court order for the isp to release the person's information

Ways of getting an ip address:
1. direct connect with aim or internet chat program. then goto run, type "Command". now type "netstat". you should see something like:
http://img109.exs.cx/img109/3996/ip6qp.jpg
the red is what you want to look for, the yellow is their ip address.

2. little more involved. create a angelfire site with just a ip logger (complex ones are in php, but i believe a javascript one will work just fine). have the person visit it once, and whammo, youve got it.

3. if you use a irc, you should be able to just use "/whois"

if i think of any more ill post

After you get it, you can use a ip tracer (simple works fine usually) Magic Nettrace (http://www.tialsoft.com/mnettrace/) Free trial, works pretty good in my opinion. but if you dont want to have to download it or anything, feel free to send the ip to me (aim- lonekamma aol-lonechicken88), you just want to get their isp (@aol.com doesnt mean their isp is aol), and any contact numbers of their isp you can get.

Then, have your lawyer contact their isp with the situation, and see under what terms will they release that persons information, as well as bring up the information to the police

btw. this is how the RIAA was able to send people court orders.

hope this helps, sometimes you, yourself can get further then police investigations can

Glickman
02-02-2005, 09:40 PM
edit:

due to my extreme stupidity i messed up on the port that you should look for

Aim to Aim Connection- 4443
Aim to AOL Connection 5190

me so silly :rolleyes:

Thordic
02-03-2005, 10:27 AM
Yeah what happened to that thread?

Automaggin2
02-03-2005, 11:04 AM
I deleted the thread fearing a flamefest. I have contacted the fraternity and they are going to investigate my claims. I do not care if its a fraternity and my sister broke up with the president, that does not give them the right to harass my sister on a daily basis. They did not need to call my sister up on her birthday and make threats to her. She was in tears her whole birthday. I really hope this fraternity keeps this up. I contacted the chapter president and let him know, that if this doesnt stop there are 2 ways to handle this, like men or in the courts.

Hexis
02-03-2005, 11:28 AM
You don't need any programs to find out who an IP is assigned to. Just look at the whois database. For US and Canada IPs you can use the web form at http://www.arin.net/whois ARIN is the authority that allocated IPs to companies in North America. There are others, but an ARIN lookup will point you to the correct RR if they are not it.