PDA

View Full Version : Help! I cannot unplug this!

Arman/XPM
11-13-2001, 09:07 PM
Hello all,
I am trying to disconnect this macroline, so I can take out the bolt and etc.. so I can clean the gun, but it seems not to want to come out.
Here is a pic of the peice I want to disconnect...

Thordic
11-13-2001, 09:12 PM
Push in the little ring thing that moves... hold it in, and pull out hte macroline.

Sometimes it sticks, usually it pulls right out.

ProjectMag
11-13-2001, 09:18 PM
Your valve along with the macroline may still have air in it which can hinder the removal of the macroline from the fitting. Just push in on the ring thingy like Thordic said and pull on the macro with your other hand, it may take some force but should come out.

zvanut
11-13-2001, 09:18 PM
twist around @ the 90* elbow

Arman/XPM
11-13-2001, 09:26 PM
Thank you guys!
Zvanut,
I twisted it, and pulled, and it came right out!

zvanut
11-13-2001, 09:29 PM
lol j/j hehe i like a good laugh :)

Arman/XPM
11-13-2001, 09:48 PM
Ok,
Now the screw will tighten all the way!
It only goes in a little bit, and will not screw in all they way. Here is a pic of how far it will go in.

pumpamatic
11-13-2001, 09:53 PM
You'll have to move the valve a little bit when you can't get the screw. Try unscrewing the screw, turning the back of the valve, and have another go at it. You'll get it eventually, it's nothing major.

Thordic
11-13-2001, 09:53 PM
Thats easy.. happens to everyone.

You gotta make sure the rail is lined up, then wiggle the valve into line. Just go by feel, you'll know when the screw is lined up right.

If the rail and/or valve is out of alignment with the grip frame, you'll have problems. Just mess with the alignment.

Arman/XPM
11-13-2001, 09:55 PM
Guys,
I have a big problem, the bolt + valve will not slide back out! I keep twisting and pulling, and no luck.

Thordic
11-13-2001, 10:00 PM
Sounds like your on/off slid out, or you still had some gas in there and it popped out a little.

Just take the rail off, and you are set :)

n1mr0d
11-13-2001, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Arman/XPM
Guys,
I have a big problem, the bolt + valve will not slide back out! I keep twisting and pulling, and no luck.

take an allen key the size that's used to adjust the velocity, and unscrew the screw that's above the trigger. take off the body, and the valve will come right off. Sometimes that happens to me if the on/off doesn't get pushed far enough.

Arman/XPM
11-13-2001, 10:03 PM
****!
The Damn screw is now stripped! Is there anything I can do?

Potatoboy
11-13-2001, 10:05 PM
no offense, it's a really crappy situation, but it sounds like your best bet is to cry and call AGD for a RA number tomrrow.

Thordic
11-13-2001, 10:06 PM
You managed to strip the field strip screw? Man, that takes skill..

Hmm.. well, you'd need to buy a new one if its really stripped.

You musta been applying some serious torque :-)

My rule of thumb is don't use tools to tighten the FS screw. :-)

Arman/XPM
11-13-2001, 10:08 PM
Thordic,
Donot scare me man....:D
You mean buy a new Automag?
What is a RA number?
Is my gun ruined?

Tunaman
11-13-2001, 10:12 PM
You have to pull the trigger to remove the valve. And what did you strip? The front screw? :mad:

Arman/XPM
11-13-2001, 10:13 PM
Tunaman,
There is a screw right in front of the trigger.....that is the screw that is stripped....:(

zvanut
11-13-2001, 10:14 PM
an RA # is somethin u get from AGD, then u send it in and use the RA # to kind of register your gun why they have it. Its just for a repair

Thordic
11-13-2001, 10:15 PM
No no, I meant a new field strip screw :-) haha.

But you meant the front gripframe screw :-)

You can get those at a hardware store. They come with standard screwdriver heads, though. They are 10/32 machine screws, I believe. You just need to find the right length. (You may want to doublecheck that sizing)

Or you can order allen headed ones from AGD :)

Arman/XPM
11-13-2001, 10:16 PM
So, is my gun screwed?
Tunaman, Help.....

Tunaman
11-13-2001, 10:18 PM
So you are telling me that you have stripped the front and rear screws in one fell swoop? That is some feat! The gun is less than a week old...these screws are just SNUG...not very tight...are you turning it the right way?

zvanut
11-13-2001, 10:18 PM
til u get a new screw (no pun intended) yes, unless u get it out :)

Arman/XPM
11-13-2001, 10:20 PM
Tunaman,
I only stripped the front frame screw.
Zvanut,
All I would need to purchase would be a front frame screw?
How am I going to get it out?

zvanut
11-13-2001, 10:22 PM
try pliers, if that doesnt work u might have to tap (sp) next to it. i think that might be unlikely though

Army
11-13-2001, 10:26 PM
Is the actual threading stripped, or just where the wrench goes in? If only the hole for the wrench, order a new screw from AGD, if the actual threads are gone, you'll have to send the gun in to get re-tapped.

The rear screw needs to have the vlave pushed forward a little in order for the holes to line up, as you do this you will feel the screw trying to go into the hole. Gently screw in the bolt until it is firmly seated, you do not need to use the wrench to cinch it up. That is why it's called a "thumbscrew".

Contact the Techs at AGD for more in depth help.

:cool:

Tunaman
11-13-2001, 10:27 PM
Leave it alone for now. The gun is new...you don't have to take the body off for months! Read the manual...watch the video...always make SURE the allen wrenches are inserted ALL the way before you try to turn them. I have plenty of screws...dont worry about that. Send it back to me if you want and I'll get the screw out. Get your self a 1/8" T-Handle allen wrench. That is what I use to remove those screws. Have patience...don't be a butcher...

Arman/XPM
11-13-2001, 10:28 PM
Whew...I thought that I was in deep trouble!
Only the part where the wrench goes in is stripped on the front frame screw. The Threads are intact. So, how would I go about removing it now, since an allan wrench will not stick?

Arman/XPM
11-13-2001, 10:30 PM
Tunaman,
Check your E - Mail please....

Tunaman
11-13-2001, 10:32 PM
If you want to fix it yourself...here is how. Get a hacksaw...take the blade out. Turn the gun upside down and insert the blade through the trigger guard and re-attatch the blade to the hacksaw. Proceed to cut a slot in the screw. Now take a butter knife or something hard and flat and turn the screw with that. Got it?

zvanut
11-13-2001, 10:33 PM
good thing that this almost solved, my fingers hurt :)

Arman/XPM
11-13-2001, 10:38 PM
Tunaman,
I will get on it tommorow!
Oh man, I am terribly sorry! Please donot think me a Fool...:(

Tunaman
11-13-2001, 10:39 PM
All this came about because "everyone told" him to take it apart and oil it. The gun is all brand new. It does NOT have to come apart everytime you play with it. I have mags here that haven't been apart in years! If you don't get any sand in it or worse...leave it alone...it's a MAG!

Drizit
11-13-2001, 10:41 PM
even though pliers should do it for you (just make sure you turn it LEFT and pull at the same time) if they don't you will want to look for something called "easy outs" just get one with a tip smaller the the body of the screw, and a drill bit to start it. just ask someone at your local hardware store what you will need. as to the valve being stuck your best bet once you get it loose this time is to remember to pull the trigger once before try to remove it. also if you find there is still gas in the system then you will want to be sure and bleed all you can first. and don't worry your gun isn't totaled. in fact as long as you have AGD backing you up you shouldn't need to worry about ever TOTALLY screwing your gun. it may cost you to repair if you really pooch something but your never really done.

good luck man, and hey if you have any other problems we're here for ya. But you really do have to start putting tech questions in the tech forum.

Arman/XPM
11-13-2001, 10:42 PM
Sorry Guys, sorry to bother all of you.
Tunaman, I am going to try your idea tommorow.

Tunaman
11-13-2001, 10:43 PM
I don't think you are a fool. It happens to everyone at least once. Now you know what NOT to do. I'll fix it for you. You have to learn, and the only way is to take it apart right? We all learn by our mistakes. I was in your shoes a while back too...long while back!:D :D :D

Thordic
11-13-2001, 10:44 PM
I didn't tell him to take it apart and oil it :-)

I told him to take it apart because the valve was stuck in the body. Who told him to take the valve out of hte gun, I don't know :)

Arman/XPM
11-13-2001, 10:45 PM
Lol,
Tunaman, I will give your suggestion a shot, and if that does not work......I will send the gun to you...

Drizit
11-13-2001, 11:12 PM
wow a lot was said whale I was weighting for my slow connection to load the reply page. and for the record I never said that he should take it apart for any reason other then the valve was stuck. glad to hear it's all working out though. And Arman/XPM, your a lucky man to have bough a gun form Tunaman. it's not that often that a professional in this industry will stand by you. I bought my micromag at the beginning of this summer. I was told that it had been gone over with a fine tooth comb. then I pull the valve and find the breach full of paint. the sear was worn, which destroyed the bolt, and the on/off pin was too short so that the gun would fire twice per trigger pull, most of the time. the reg piston leaks and the reg pin wasn't attached to the spring. oh and the "macro line" (it said "DOT approved hydraulic brake line" on it but hey) exploded in my hand the first day I used it. well here we are in November, and even though it's been promised I haven't seen a new sear, bolt, on/off pin, reg pin, or reg piston. care to guess what I have had to go out and buy since then? and at first he asked if I'd taken the valve out. of course I said yes. so he tried to tell me that the warranty was void because of it.
Hats off to you Tunaman.

Arman/XPM
11-14-2001, 07:59 AM
My hats off to all of you!

Tunaman,
I got the screw out! :D
Now, all I have to do, is stop by the hardware store, and get a new one. Thank you all!!!!! I am never touching my mag again!