PDA

View Full Version : Woods Tournament Rules

okiTony
02-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Anybody know if there is a official rules for woods tournaments? There's (PSP) Paintball Sports Promotions rules, that pretty much covers XBall, 5 Man-10 Man Speedball. NPPL = Speedball. Is there any for woods? :confused:

TheTramp
02-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Why would they be any different?

Just try to pick a spot in the woods where the cover on each side is even for both teams.

SlartyBartFast
02-04-2005, 11:48 AM
The rules are the same. But, the players have to be more honest and follow the rules concerning paintchecks and calling themselves out...

vonort
02-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Back when I played in woods tourneys.. there were a couple of differences from todays formats. 1) It was a dual flag game. You had to get to your opponents flag take it, and return it to your flag base. 2) There was a heavier point dispersion for First flag grab and hang. Eliminations were not awarded as many points. 3) You didn't get points for players still being alive on your team. Thats just a couple of things that I can think of right now. Oh yeah.. we played with 15 man teams on about 20 to 40 acres. And the sides of the feild were not always layed out evenly.

68magOwner
02-04-2005, 03:44 PM
ive never really even heard of a woodsball toureny locally, but, i imagine the rules would be the same.

NewMagMan21
02-05-2005, 02:13 AM
I dont like it but friends of mine do. They play on like 2-3 acres of hardcore woodsball. Its local event the us kids put together. They play with about 30 very honest good players. They put in a pot and winner takes all.
But they've been to real games ( proffesional style feilds/ managment) and they say its very similar to speedball rules but longer. It just depends on your feild really.

okiTony
02-05-2005, 02:42 AM
Yea, I figured they are about the same rules but we are putting a woods tournament together and I was wondering if there was "Official" rules like there is for speedball. I guess since there are so many scenarios, you really can't have "Official rules", I don't know. I guess I can use speedball rules and modify them in the tournament By-laws.
It’s more for those people that complain during the tournaments, and for safety.

Smileatom88
02-05-2005, 06:53 AM
T That sounds good. Just modify exsisting rules.

shartley
02-05-2005, 07:37 AM
Yes, if you are simply having a tournament on a woodball field, the same rules used for speedball tournaments will work. The reason most tournaments are now run on speedball style fields now is that it is easier to make both sides of the fields exactly the same. This eliminates either team from claiming to have a disadvantage.

However, the first tournaments were held on standard woodsball fields… because that is what was available.

Good luck and have fun! Having fun should be the first rule in ANY style of play.

vonort
02-05-2005, 07:03 PM
One must also remember current tourny rules were adapted from woods tourny rules. It is the natural progression of tournament play. Oh yeah one other thing... side of feild was determined by a coin flip. Not sure if they do that now or not.

okiTony
02-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Yea, we still do that. At least during tournaments.

vomit-fish
02-08-2005, 08:42 AM
woods tournies never work...dont waste your time

if u wanna play in the woods, play casually

if u wanna play serious play speedball...its just preference

okiTony
02-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Not here, we have a big demand for woods ball... Especially Marines, they love to play in the woods. :confused: Well, speedball also has a big demand; I'll say they are pretty equal here. For me? To tell you the truth, I like both but I lean a little more for speedball.:D

vonort
02-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Yeah the tourneys I played in the woods didn't work at all... :confused: Especially the couple I can recall.. ummm the Lively Invitational, and the IAO.. neither one was worth a damn. And we must remember if it wasnt' for the woods... you wouldn't even know about the game. So get off your anti woods war wagon vomit fish :tard: . :mad:

okitony.. wish I lived in your neck of the woods.. I would love to see a true woods tourny played again. :clap: :dance:

punkncat
02-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Never heard it called a woods tourney.... always been a scenario. :D

Seems like it would be harder to enforce rules in the woods than it already is on a small field. One of the bad things about playing in a friendly scenario is the amount of cheating going on. Can you imagine how bad it would get with big purses up for grabs?

Smileatom88
02-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Same difference. It's still FUN. :dance: :dance:

vonort
02-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Woods tourny and scenario are two completyly different things. Not sure about the "scenarios" you go too. But the ones I have been too have very little to NO cheating what so ever. :)

If there is an intrest then woods tourny could make it. Like I stated before. Take standard tourny rules and adapt them to your tourny. :shooting: :dance:

punkncat
02-08-2005, 11:39 PM
Every large scenario I have ever been to has been high on people , low on refs.

The cheating generally doesn't start until people are getting tired of walking all the way back to a reinsertion point, then the hits just magically go away...