so dan voils leaves AKA so did aaron alexander

www.flagpull.com

discuss

Chris at Tech
02-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Um, and Aaron... ;)

WenULiVeUdiE
02-04-2005, 05:13 PM
'Tis a sad day indeed. I wonder what will come of STD now.

manike
02-04-2005, 05:58 PM
The Kings are dead... Long live the Kings!!!

PBX Ronin 23
02-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Good luck to Aaron and Dan (my favorite Mason ;) ). I'm sure the road ahead will be a good one for you two.

WARPED1
02-04-2005, 07:30 PM
That's sad. But I bet those 2 had some cool ideas for a new electro semi even better than the Viking and Excal.

minimag03
02-04-2005, 07:55 PM
They were AKA to me. I dunno who will work on my marker if I send it in now :confused:

WARPED1
02-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Maybe the guy who designed the gun? :p

PBX Ronin 23
02-04-2005, 08:04 PM
The guy who designed the gun WAS Aaron.

WARPED1
02-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Oh, I figured the guy who owned the company designed the gun, kinda like AGD...............

manike
02-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Oh, I figured the guy who owned the company designed the gun, kinda like AGD...............

Nope. And it often isn't like that.

Don't count Aaron and Dan out. I have a sneaky suspicion we will hear more from them. :ninja:

thecavemankevin
02-04-2005, 08:52 PM
The Kings are dead... Long live the Kings!!!

if they are dead, how can they live long? :)

i'd be willing we shall hear from them again ;)

Scott Hudnall
02-04-2005, 09:32 PM
I think that Aarons' parents own the company, AKA Lead Metal Works, something like that. It's an Indianapolis based machine shop, or so I understand. He's certainly done some amazing things with low pressure. I'm sure his next venture will be successful. Dan's a great PR guy and I remember when he and his sons started playing at my field "back in the day".....I wish them both the best for future endeavors!!!!

manike
02-04-2005, 09:52 PM
if they are dead, how can they live long?

It's a hystorical quote/saying. If you don't know the history behind it you won't get the joke.

Steelrat
02-04-2005, 09:54 PM
It's a hystorical quote/saying. If you don't know the history behind it you won't get the joke.

Is that how they spell historical in the old country? ;)

manike
02-04-2005, 10:06 PM

Yeah I'm tired. :) As compared to tyre... which is correct in English (when talking about wheels). :D I am actually back in the UK at the moment.

rkjunior303
02-04-2005, 11:35 PM

Don't count Aaron and Dan out. I have a sneaky suspicion we will hear more from them. :ninja:

STD? ;) Aaron DID design their new LPR. I wish Aaron and Dan the best -- I've had nothing but great things with my Viking. I am sure this won't be the last we hear of them.

Bartman
02-05-2005, 11:54 AM
There is till a tech at the shop doing repairs, upgrades and building new parts. At this point it dosn't look like that tech is going anyplace or being released.

So send your stuff in and it will be looked after.

Bart

PBX Ronin 23
02-05-2005, 11:58 AM
No disrespect intended Bart but when the heart, brain, soul and face (Aaron and Dan) leaves a company, that company usually ends up only being a shell of its former self. Now how can that inspire confidence in anyone? All I can say is I wish all the principals in the saga the best of luck.

cledford
02-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Wow, just read the entire thread over at PBN - it doesn't look like things went down for "good" reasons. It looks like there was a big fight - possibly over the SMC stuff and the new company - that is now headed for court. I never expected to see anything like this from AKA. People who've been around for a while probably remember my battles with them. Through all of it I always respected the marker, Dan and Arron. I can say that I met Larry at the 2002 IAO and thought he was a a *horses rear* and Eileen - she was a REAL piece of work in the "customer service" arena - so if they did can their kids it doesn''t surprise me, but it's still sad to hear the best other PB company then AGD is now gone...

-Calvin

GT
02-05-2005, 12:45 PM

werd,
easy to desgin a new gun from a company whom doesnt have an agreement with sp or wdp?

Goldie D Pimp
02-05-2005, 05:40 PM
No disrespect intended Bart but when the heart, brain, soul and face (Aaron and Dan) leaves a company,.

Hey, Barts just not all looks you know! ;)

Spartan X
02-05-2005, 05:43 PM
Wow, just read the entire thread over at PBN - it doesn't look like things went down for "good" reasons. It looks like there was a big fight - possibly over the SMC stuff and the new company - that is now headed for court. I never expected to see anything like this from AKA. People who've been around for a while probably remember my battles with them. Through all of it I always respected the marker, Dan and Arron. I can say that I met Larry at the 2002 IAO and thought he was a a *horses rear* and Eileen - she was a REAL piece of work in the "customer service" arena - so if they did can their kids it doesn''t surprise me, but it's still sad to hear the best other PB company then AGD is now gone...

-Calvin

I had the oposite meeting with them. in 2003 It was my first year and I did not own a viking. I was at the aka booth alot just shooting the guns and using up all there air :P but larry was their and he did not seeem to mind.
2004 was alot better. I had owned multible Viking because I had fallen in love vith the viking tyhe previous year. I was aphotographer for BEOG in the OG div. I had talked with aaron, and his parents. They were really cool people. I even sold Princes ( Barts wife) my excal. at the last night of the OG div games We all had dinner and Larry Paid for the entire OG div meals for those that were their that nigh...yes even mine. So I do tend to hope that a fight did not happen...but I know how parenhts can be...I only hope this is a show so aaaron can start STD and make some really cool gats again :shooting:

WARPED1
02-05-2005, 07:07 PM
werd,
easy to desgin a new gun from a company whom doesnt have an agreement with sp or wdp?i think the SP part is over, now we have to see if WDP does the agreement thing.

Lohman446
02-05-2005, 08:07 PM
People.. lets look at thsi from a legal standpoint

AKA it sounds like is an established machine shop, perhaps making paintball markers was a great hobby that the parents indulged the kids in, and then it became profitable.

Well... it was fine, until there became the distinct threat of serious legal issues, that could jeopardize that established business - both from SP, WDP, and even K2.

Parents and children make a decision to distance from each other.

A new paintball company is prepared to make an electropneumatic marker - and take the legal risks involved. Nothing established to loose, and likely shielded by several layers of corporate stuff. Do you want me to interject my prayers that TK is somewhere involved in this, ok, so no not really, but you get the idea that it may be safer.

Either way, this did not have to be a "messy" split with AKA, it may have been just a smart business move in consideration of the current legal enviroment around paintball.

PBX Ronin 23
02-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Sounds kinda far-fetched but let's see if it grows any legs in the next couple of weeks.

WARPED1
02-05-2005, 09:46 PM
People.. lets look at thsi from a legal standpoint

AKA it sounds like is an established machine shop, perhaps making paintball markers was a great hobby that the parents indulged the kids in, and then it became profitable.

Well... it was fine, until there became the distinct threat of serious legal issues, that could jeopardize that established business - both from SP, WDP, and even K2.

Parents and children make a decision to distance from each other.

A new paintball company is prepared to make an electropneumatic marker - and take the legal risks involved. Nothing established to loose, and likely shielded by several layers of corporate stuff. Do you want me to interject my prayers that TK is somewhere involved in this, ok, so no not really, but you get the idea that it may be safer.

Either way, this did not have to be a "messy" split with AKA, it may have been just a smart business move in consideration of the current legal enviroment around paintball.
Well said.............

thecavemankevin
02-06-2005, 01:09 AM

yeah, i got it. i was just being silly, hence the ":)"

yeah, sorta like color is "colour".....silly brits :)

Muzikman
02-06-2005, 02:18 AM
Hey, Barts just not all looks you know! ;)

Hmm...and I thought that was all Bart had going for him:)

If Bart is still there teching guns, rest asured that you will be well taken care of.