PDA

View Full Version : Ebay is funny...

mark_1791
02-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Dude, check out how much this guy is asking for!
Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47252&item=7132623287&rd=1)

Chronobreak
02-04-2005, 09:41 PM
so? hes not scamming or anything

and neither not knowing what your stuff is worth in the current market place

let it be..

il be amazed if it gets to the reserve anyways and if it does well..who cares more power to him..

ej_y4
02-04-2005, 10:19 PM
I like the out of hydro tank :rolleyes:

Conversekidz
02-05-2005, 12:19 AM
I love this line

"There is some rusting on this gun. Does not affect overall elite performance from this gun."

BeaverEater
02-05-2005, 10:55 AM
First off, its illegal to sell an out of hydro tank. Second, thats not too bad of a price. A couple weeks ago there was an 800 dollar classic mag up for sale.

Will Wood
02-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Heh some dude here on campus was trying to sell his Tippmann 98C, a C02 tank, and a mask for 300 bucks.

Yea, you could get all that for new, cheaper at ANY store.
I was thinking about *****ing at him, but whatever. Good for him if he sells it.

MarkM
02-05-2005, 01:32 PM
I like the out of hydro tank :rolleyes:

First off, its illegal to sell an out of hydro tank. Second, thats not too bad of a price. A couple weeks ago there was an 800 dollar classic mag up for sale.

Ok I could be wrong but I zoomed right in on that pic of the tank and it looks more like a 5 than a 3 to me so that would mean it isn't out of date. Remember all the regulations changed around this time...the US had 5 year tanks before the rest of the world caught up.
Also why is it illegal to sell an out of Hydro tank...use one sure I can see that but not the ownership or sale of such an item. you can sell a car without a safety certificate in my country (called an MOT here) and that is perfectly legal...take that same vehicle on the road and then you are in trouble.
As far as the sale is concerned...good luck to them some fool will buy it but then how often do all of us have an over inflated sense of what our paintball gear is worth. It is very rare to make a profit on paintball gear especially if it was bought new unless you get a trade price and can then resell at just under retail. I paid nearly $520 for my Phantom (17 years ago)...not going to get anywhere near that if I was to sell it.

slade
02-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Heh some dude here on campus was trying to sell his Tippmann 98C, a C02 tank, and a mask for 300 bucks.

Yea, you could get all that for new, cheaper at ANY store.
I was thinking about *****ing at him, but whatever. Good for him if he sells it.
sometimes you find people willing to take deals like that. i sold my electro piranha (pro ts g3 w/ storm frame, $210) with a pipe barrel kit (~130) and a few REALLY old misc things, like gloves, a pack, an old nitro tank, i think it was of hydro and didnt look like it would make it through one (maybe $50?) for $500. and then i bought my mag for !$480 :D. pretty good deal if you ask me, i love ebay. oh yeah, and the first time i put it up for auction it went for ~$250, good thing i had a reserve (but i was an idiot and it ended on easter).

hAppy
02-05-2005, 03:37 PM
What you people are doing is just looking for things to pick on from this guy's post. He just doens't know the actual current worth of the setup give him a break. Not everyone lives on forums you know.

FallNAngel
02-05-2005, 04:48 PM
First off, its illegal to sell an out of hydro tank.

I believe it's perfectly legal to sell an out of hydro tank... just not ship it.

Conversekidz
02-05-2005, 04:49 PM

If that was the case Tom broke the law about 20 or so times with all the tanks from 99 that he sold on ebay.

Its not illegal to sell out of hydro tanks, its illegal to sell people tanks and not notify them its out of hyrdo.

Conversekidz
02-05-2005, 04:50 PM
I believe it's perfectly legal to sell an out of hydro tank... just not ship it.

Its not illegal to ship out of hyrdo tanks. It is illegal to ship a tank that still has the regulator attached. The regulator has to be detatched from the bottle if you are going to ship it.

I think I was wrong in this, you can ship it ground but you can't ship it air.

Won Hunglo
02-05-2005, 06:33 PM
It is illegal to FILL an out of hydro tank. You can ship it all you want legally.