PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Chat... in Paintball Talk...

SCpoloRicker
02-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Just two cents.

I think that it would be a good idea to try to eliminate random musings and "how much is this worth" kind of threads to Friendly Corner. I may post often here, but I try not to clutter threads, or boards especially, in Paintball Talk unless, well, it's Paintball Talk. As in, game reports, personal reviews, team news, industry news, etc.

This is obviously a slippery slope; and many may disagree. But I think it would help.

Comments encouraged.

Off topic posts are allowed, but they must be reasonable and civil, and in the "Friendly Corner"

-- AO Rules (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=165017)

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
02-05-2005, 12:43 PM
no

xmetal2001
02-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Sorry, but I'm having trouble making sense of what you wrote...Your saying move the more offtopic but still paintball threads to friendly corner? Or did i miss it entirely? :confused:

SCpoloRicker
02-07-2005, 07:21 PM
no

*rosies and daises*

xmetal: basically, yes. I think people are getting pissed because PB talk gets cluttered with crap. I think a lot of the stuff in PB should be in FC.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
02-07-2005, 07:37 PM
fy w/ rcs

That appears to be an acronym for something quite unholy, so no.

And this should be moved to paintball talk, as it is cluttering the FC.

maglover728
02-08-2005, 07:44 AM
But if you are asking how much a marker is worth, and you are in paintball talk, is that not proper use of the paintball talk section?

SCpoloRicker
02-08-2005, 12:44 PM
And this should be moved to paintball talk, as it is cluttering the FC.
Alright, I admit it, that last one got a chuckle out of me.

maglover: I am saying exactly that: "How much is this worth?" "X vs Y marker" and "Check out my new mag" may belong in Friendly Corner versus Paintball Talk.

I'm not suggesting police state regulation; its more of a thought I had.

/back from LA. I might have to make it out to Huntington... :cheers:

Muzikman
02-08-2005, 01:18 PM
If you are talking about paintball, put it in paintball talk. If you are talking about something other than paintball, put it in Friendly.

Do think there needs to be a few other forums added to clean up both friendly and paintball talk, but moving paintball related discussions to friendly is not the answer.

SCpoloRicker
02-09-2005, 01:49 PM
If you are talking about paintball, put it in paintball talk. If you are talking about something other than paintball, put it in Friendly.

Do think there needs to be a few other forums added to clean up both friendly and paintball talk, but moving paintball related discussions to friendly is not the answer.

Aha! Maybe "Casual Paintball Talk" and kill two with one stone? I just feel that the main forum is somewhat clogged.