PDA

View Full Version : just wondering why????? Help AGD

Little_Ho
02-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Hi at all
iam just wondering why the colors from the X-Valves not matching with the Colors from the ULE Bodys. I mean even the Black is not the same black.

Can someone tell me why?????

The reason for this thread is to find out if i would need to reanodize a new Body and Valve to match the color????

Let say maybe someone can show me the diffent color setups. Like peweter body and peweter valve???

LMK

Thanks

SAW
02-04-2005, 11:07 PM
Just a shot in the dark: Different materials / finishings so they aren't same color?

Echo419
02-04-2005, 11:08 PM
From waht I can even tell in the AGD Store pictures, the Pewter ULE body is much darker than the Valve... but they should do these all in the same batch... but i have heard reports of this.. I dont own any myself, maybe someone can help ya

Steelrat
02-04-2005, 11:27 PM
I just got a mag that has a pewter ULE and a pewter valve, and they are an EXACT match. Maybe The just have dye variations in some batches?

rkjunior303
02-04-2005, 11:29 PM
tom said flat out when the valves first came out that there was a chance they would not match.

Chronobreak
02-04-2005, 11:37 PM
they match well. ...enough

they wont match perefect..

if u want the best possible match goto tunaman or have a good well known competant annodizer match w/e valve coler u want.

Little_Ho
02-05-2005, 10:20 AM
allright guys,
i guess the closes color would be black and peweter. I guess i will go with the peweter because iam owner of an all Balck Mag allready.

Thanks anyway....

GT
02-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Different grades of aluminum anodize differently.

The body isnt the same grade of aluminum as the valve. Even done in the same batch wont guarantee a match.

and maybe different dye lots.

smilestyler
02-05-2005, 11:18 AM
and maybe different dye lots.

This is more likely the case. I got mine from Tunaman, and he had them all anno'ed at the same time, and they match perfectly. Of all the AGD anno stuff the red never seem to match, but Tuna's do.

Pyroboy597
02-05-2005, 12:09 PM
I dont understand why there is a green ULE and no green X-Valve to match it!