PDA

View Full Version : dye throttle?

Aliens-8-MyDad
02-06-2005, 02:38 AM
wonderin if anyone else has had this problem, I thought it was my e-mag solenoid goin bad, but after i purchased a new tank 71 ci 4500 dye throttle it just didn't seem to keep up with the gun. it would half cycycle once I hit around 5-6bps and higher. After trying to figure out what was wrong and not being able to, I screwed in my old tank (pmi 68/45), amazingly the e-mag came back to life. Also I tried out a older nitroduck 68/30 tank and worked perfect. Tried the dye again and same problem. My friend Matt tried the dye tank in his retro ult mag (which i believe is one of the the fastest mech guns around) and he couldnt shoot it nearly as fast as before. which leaves me to belive the tank is a lower output than the listed 850psi. Anyways has anyone else had an experience with the dye throttles? And what should I do? send it back to dye? or sell it to some one without a mag.

also could it be possible that the tank isnt keeping up with the marker or is it just the output isnt high enuff to kick in the reactivity on the valves.

help?

edited for horrible grammer and some mispellings. its a little better now.

edit #2, 2000th post!

White_Noise
02-06-2005, 04:41 AM
not from personal experience, but i heard that the throttle doesnt have that good of a recharge rate. ive found some pmi's and every crossfire and nitroduck ive tried to have a fast enough recharge/high enough output to work good on a mag, as far as screw ins go.

Aliens-8-MyDad
02-06-2005, 04:57 AM
hmmm but not even let me fully cycle my mag past 5-6 bps? I screwd in the pmi and hit atleast 15-16 no problem. but thanks for the post, could be an intresting study of dyes beloved tank here.

VFX_Fenix
02-06-2005, 05:56 AM
Don't buy it! The most expensive system ever created in its class with the worst recharge rate ever. Save your money and buy a Crossfire, 3A, Pure Energy, Flatline, ANYTHING.

Tunaman
02-06-2005, 06:43 AM
Don't buy it! The most expensive system ever created in its class with the worst recharge rate ever. Save your money and buy a Crossfire, 3A, Pure Energy, Flatline, ANYTHING.Thats bull. I sell tons of these tanks to mag owners an never had one problem yet. There is something wrong with that tank. Send it back to Dye for repair.

11_Mile_TMaster
02-06-2005, 08:41 AM
My friend Matt tried the dye tank in his retro ult mag (which i believe is one of the the fastest mech guns around) and he couldnt shoot it nearly as fast as before. which leaves me to belive the tank is a lower output than the listed 850psi. Anyways has anyone else had an experience with the dye throttles? And what should I do? send it back to dye? or sell it to some one without a mag.

also could it be possible that the tank isnt keeping up with the marker or is it just the output isnt high enuff to kick in the reactivity on the valves.

help?

I remember reading somewhere that the throttle was set for 750 psi, of all things. I want to say that was on Dye's website, in fact, before the redesign.

mark_1791
02-06-2005, 10:06 AM
I stick with Crossfire. Its cheaper and ive never had any problems with the tank.

Load SM5
02-06-2005, 10:14 AM
I ended up gettting a throttle tank for free about 4 months ago. I thought I'd just turn around and sell it but after trying it on my DM5 it works great. No problems. Like Tuna said, you got a bum tank. Send it in for repair.

nt2004
02-06-2005, 10:24 AM
same exact problem happened to my friend. He ended up buying a crossfire because his mag wouldnt cycle over around 5 or so. We hooked it to a gauge and it read an output of 650.

mark_1791
02-06-2005, 10:33 AM
I ended up gettting a throttle tank for free about 4 months ago. I thought I'd just turn around and sell it but after trying it on my DM5 it works great. No problems. Like Tuna said, you got a bum tank. Send it in for repair.

same exact problem happened to my friend. He ended up buying a crossfire because his mag wouldnt cycle over around 5 or so. We hooked it to a gauge and it read an output of 650
might it have something to do with your using a dye gun and he's using a mag?

Tunaman
02-06-2005, 11:22 AM
"THROTTLE 4500 PSI PRESET AIR SYSTEM

The Throttle Preset is a technologically advanced yet simple hassle-free regulator and is quickly becoming the favorite style among professionals today. The Throttle Preset is factory set to an efficient 850 psi. This unique design provides maximum unrestriced air flow at a constant output pressure which is more than suitable for any marker available today. As with most preset systems, this regulated air system should be used in conjuction with a good in-line reg, such as our Hyper Reg, so all you have to do is just screw in and play. "

Right off of the Dye website. If it doesnt do 850 there is something wrong with it. Send it back. They will fix it.

abunkerer
02-06-2005, 12:32 PM
I went throught the same problem with the throttle system.

I was shooting a LX emag, and when I started shooting fast it wouldn't cycle properly. I thought that it was my LX not set properly, but when I hooked other tanks up to it, it was fine. So I sent the tank in for repairs, -Dye said that maybe the piston needed to be lubed- well nothing changed, the gun still outshot the tank. So I got another throttle, and still, poor recharge. So I traded the throttle for a crossfire and the problem went away.

In my experience with emags I found that an emag with level 10 bolt will outshoot a lot of preset tanks, pure energy and crossfires seem to be the best that I've tested. Keep in mind that the throttle is a fine tank, but with emags, the only way to be sure that your tank will keep up with the gun is with an adjustable tank set it close to 1000.

-Don't know how valid the test is/was, but a magazine did test a group of air systems and the throttle was one of the worst performers...they had charts, so it must be true!

11_Mile_TMaster
02-06-2005, 12:49 PM
"THROTTLE 4500 PSI PRESET AIR SYSTEM

The Throttle Preset is a technologically advanced yet simple hassle-free regulator and is quickly becoming the favorite style among professionals today. The Throttle Preset is factory set to an efficient 850 psi. This unique design provides maximum unrestriced air flow at a constant output pressure which is more than suitable for any marker available today. As with most preset systems, this regulated air system should be used in conjuction with a good in-line reg, such as our Hyper Reg, so all you have to do is just screw in and play. "

Right off of the Dye website. If it doesnt do 850 there is something wrong with it. Send it back. They will fix it.

I stand corrected.... Odd though that a lot of websites still say 750, though... :confused:

SpecialBlend2786
02-06-2005, 02:43 PM
I stand corrected.... Odd though that a lot of websites still say 750, though... :confused:

I believe some of the older ones were set at 750, i remember seeing that too.

That being said, I've owned 2 of 'em and i never had any problems with my RT and E mags.

nt2004
02-06-2005, 09:16 PM
might it have something to do with your using a dye gun and he's using a mag?
oops i had a dumb response on here because i thought you were talking to me. Yeah the reason it works on a DM5 is because a DM5 isnt a high pressure gun. The throttle wasnt outputting enough air for the mag to work. I dont trust those tanks anymore because according to some people on this forum, it isnt an isolated case.

alooney11
02-06-2005, 09:58 PM
My friend has been having great luck with his throttle, it works fine.

Aliens-8-MyDad
02-07-2005, 12:32 PM
got this back from dye

Hello,

It sounds like the pin on the tank is not being activated all the way when the tank is screwed into the ASA.

Try a different ASA or a On/Off.

Scott Page,

Technical Support Administrator

hmmm i dont want a new asa, anyone want a tank?

Halliday
02-07-2005, 12:37 PM
got this back from dye

Hello,

It sounds like the pin on the tank is not being activated all the way when the tank is screwed into the ASA.

Try a different ASA or a On/Off.

Scott Page,

Technical Support Administrator

hmmm i dont want a new asa, anyone want a tank?
Sure. Heck I'll send you a couple new ASAs!

Aliens-8-MyDad
02-07-2005, 12:49 PM
yeah i didnt mean trade the tank for asa's...

tanks for sale in the tank forum 150 shipped check it.

Halliday
02-07-2005, 01:20 PM
;)

germanman
02-07-2005, 02:06 PM
My 71/45 works fine, but I have a CP drop foreward and I screw that sucker down TIGHT!

Aliens-8-MyDad
02-07-2005, 02:09 PM
yeah i think actually for scientific purposes im gonna convince my friend to let me rip his asa off for some testing. he has this on/off thing so yah... ill letcha guys know

what gun you shootin?