PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Automag, help please

Spacemanvic
02-06-2005, 02:53 PM
I have a standard 68 automag (circa 1994). It has a bunch of mods to it, but all with the original valve. I've been using HPA, just need to get the tank static tested. Oh yeah, also need to replace my VENTS goggles

I am looking favorably at the x-force mod and Warp Feed and ULE Trigger Pull Kit . Are there any other "affordable" mods out there? Im looking for faster recharge as well as reactive trigger (saw one at a game once, thought thats the way to go) and lighter trigger. Can I use the aforementioned on my automag?

Any other places to buy AGD stuff aside from AGD for a better price?

Thanks guys. looking forward to coming back to paintball after a five year hiatus (four kids all under the age of five will do that to you).

TMAXXKING1
02-06-2005, 03:00 PM
you said x force do you meen x valve ..... just asking
if you are looking for an x valve your best bet with owning an older mag is sell it or hold onto it ..
buy an rt pro
comes with an x valve and an intelliframe ule body cocker threaded
as for sellers with better prices you have 2 great options roguefactor or tunaman
both great sellers with real good prices ...

it would cost you alot less to by an rt pro instead of building up an old mag..

keep the old mag for back up ..

here is a real nice rt mag set up.. from a great dealer ..
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163345

Spacemanvic
02-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Duh, yeah, X-valve LOL

Hmm, now I gotta find someone to buy my old automag so I can buy the rt listed in your link. How does that gunplay? Also, can I use my older barrels on that thing (old 1/4 click and lock) or is this gun threaded for angel/cocker barrels?

And thanks for the heads up man!!!!

TMAXXKING1
02-06-2005, 03:25 PM
the ule body you will need cocker threaded barrels for it ... as for the old pain in the neck twist lock barrel ...
there are alot of people that still like them ....

you can sell them on here .. ao is the best place to buy and sell mags and parts ..you picked the best forum for the mag and any mag needs ...

Spacemanvic
02-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Well, after seeing what older Automags go for, and being a recent father of four (Have a 5 and 3 year old, and 3 week old twins), it may be a while before I can buy a new automag (even the fully loaded beauty u pointed out) outright. My best bet will be to buy the X-valve, then later buy the ULE trigger assembly, then towards the end get the Warp feed. I'll probably look at doing the valve trade in (making X-valve 225), then see if ebay has a better price for the other stuff.

I also have a 9volt shredder. Will I need to buy a new hopper to enjoy the X-Valve? Any suggestions?

Besides, I have ALOT of history with my 'Mag :shooting:

Beyondinsane101
02-06-2005, 09:17 PM
if you want you could get a ule body but the pretty much you have a newgun. it will lighten things up for you, which is always good, and if you get a warp feed you can geta body design made for it

Spacemanvic
02-06-2005, 09:25 PM
I thought I could use the Warp with my automags body? It is a standard automag, but I had to special order a mini-mag power feed on it (basically wanted the tank to rest at one side and still allow me to bore-sight if needed). It's not the verticle feed alot of automags came with. Looking at the pics for the warp feed, looks like I can mount it on the gun I currently have. Weight really isnt much of an issue for me, as I was always used to the weight of the VM-68 (anyone remember that gun?).

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming!! :headbang: