PDA

View Full Version : Xvalve question...

CKY_Alliance
02-06-2005, 03:20 PM
i recently got an xvalve installed in my classic mag and while playing yesterday it sounded like it was leaking there was air constantly coming out the little hole on the side . i thought i read soemthing about this but i couldnt find it...

BD_Paintball
02-06-2005, 03:52 PM
mine did that too when i had it. i replaced all the o-rings and then it was good to go. take the valve apart and see if you can see any o-rings that are bad and replace them. i would put some oil on all the o-rings too. if you dont know how to take teh valve apart i think there is a pic on the agd web site

CKY_Alliance
02-06-2005, 05:46 PM
ye bd it is an o-ring its called a carrier it needs to be tightened or shimed...tnks for ure response

alooney11
02-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Unscrew the valve...pull out the reg piston, oil and clean it, then clean the hole the reg piston came out of. That happened to me when i first bought my rt. Good luck.

abunkerer
02-07-2005, 12:53 PM
oil it up, sounds like you are not getting a good seal somewhere, a little oil should get everything "seated", xvalves take a little while to break in.. couple thousand shots.

B.A.M.
02-07-2005, 01:07 PM
When i first go my x valve it acted screwy but after playing 2 times and cleaning it out it now works flawlessly.

Almeister
02-07-2005, 02:05 PM
i recently got an xvalve installed in my classic mag and while playing yesterday it sounded like it was leaking there was air constantly coming out the little hole on the side . i thought i read soemthing about this but i couldnt find it...

If you have any more probs with your x-valve try the tech forum. :D

CKY_Alliance
02-07-2005, 03:35 PM
i called the shop that put it in (dotn know why i didnt do so in the first place) but the guy told me to bring it up and that it is the carrier o ring it needs to be replaced or shimmed so ill hopfully have it fixed by the end of this week

Creative Mayhem
02-07-2005, 03:49 PM
The xvalves do not come oiled from the factory, you need to add 5-6 drops in the air inlet and fire it through the valve before playing... Oiling the carrier o-rings would be a good idea as well.