PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Claims

CJ55
02-06-2005, 09:05 PM
I have an older xbox and it always freezes, i have read that many people have the same problem if you are one of the people and have filed a claim, if the claim resovled anything, can you help me out and tell me what to do and how to file a claim.

Thanks

Onryou
02-06-2005, 09:10 PM
just take it to EB, you did get the warantee right, and swap it out. I've done this 3 times, and so long as u have a memory card you don't have to worry too much about losing your saves.

Glickman
02-06-2005, 10:51 PM
im guessing its about two years old? :rolleyes:

or you could just wait for xbox 2, supposed to come out this year, but not definate

Linkwarner
02-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Something seriously is wrong with the 2 year old models? Mine fried, but I thought that was just me

Aliens-8-MyDad
02-06-2005, 11:04 PM
i mess with xboxes all the time, reasons ive seen for freezing is over heating... or bad cd rom drives/discs

teufelhunden
02-06-2005, 11:12 PM
My Xbox is first batch... the poor DVD drive is dying on me. Gay.

gibby
02-07-2005, 12:45 AM
im guessing its about two years old? :rolleyes:

or you could just wait for xbox 2, supposed to come out this year, but not definate
I doubt the Xbox 2 will come out this year. Why do I say that? The developers haven't even got the chance to get the development boxes. If it's going to come out this year, MS would have had to supply developers dev boxes so they can make the games when the new console ships. It also wouldn't be fair for the developers to be expected to pump out a game in less than a year on a completely new hardware. And if they did have that expectation, I'm sure the consumers will be very disappointed with the first generation games that comes out for it.

We'll see what E3 holds this coming May.

cockerkiller68
02-07-2005, 03:33 AM
It's not coming out this year!!

My old xbox would freeze all the time, but my new HALO ed. works perfectly all the time.

HALO I and II RULE!

pumaking
02-07-2005, 05:03 AM
Xbox 2 will not be out for another 3-4 years.

datapimp69
02-07-2005, 10:59 AM
if your xbox is 2 years old and is freezing on you it is most likley the dvd drive.

you can replace it your self with a drive from ebay for like $50

lopxtc
02-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Actually Micro$haft has been the first company with Dev Kits for their new system already out to come developers;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4201391.stm

Microsoft had delivered development kits to EA, said Mr Armes, but he said the company was still waiting on Sony and Nintendo to send kits.

Aaron

I doubt the Xbox 2 will come out this year. Why do I say that? The developers haven't even got the chance to get the development boxes. If it's going to come out this year, MS would have had to supply developers dev boxes so they can make the games when the new console ships. It also wouldn't be fair for the developers to be expected to pump out a game in less than a year on a completely new hardware. And if they did have that expectation, I'm sure the consumers will be very disappointed with the first generation games that comes out for it.

We'll see what E3 holds this coming May.

Chris42050
02-07-2005, 01:48 PM
I have an older xbox and around 60 games. Mine only freezes on 2 of them. Fable and Halo2. It froze whenever I was shopping too long from a merchant on fable and almost everytime I start a new game on Halo 2 in campaign. Every other game works perfectly. Do you guys think I need a new drive or what. And no one has answered his question. What about this claim stuff. Anyone done it? How do I do it?

thecavemankevin
02-07-2005, 05:51 PM
check out afterdawn.com, they have an xbox forum that might help you.

CJ55
02-07-2005, 09:18 PM
thanks for helping but can we keep on topic about the claims not xbox 2

pumaking
02-08-2005, 12:00 AM
Actually Micro$haft has been the first company with Dev Kits for their new system already out to come developers;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4201391.stm

Aaron

seems like some of that info is incorrect, Sony has already sent out there development kits awhile ago to top name game developers EA being one of them. Doesnt really talk much of Microsofts new console. As for the next 18 months for Sony probably but microsoft not likely I work with Sony and Microsoft to help the gaming community Sony has been cluing us about the PS3 which I am unable to talk about and Xbox hasnt really given much about it that they are developing a new console.

BeaverEater
02-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Dont worry its not just microsoft that has that problem. I have a first edition PS2, and it wont even read have the games I try to play, or just about all the movies I try to watch. That was the main reason i got an xbox, and never had a problem with that.

GT
02-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Dont worry its not just microsoft that has that problem. I have a first edition PS2, and it wont even read have the games I try to play, or just about all the movies I try to watch. That was the main reason i got an xbox, and never had a problem with that.

I have the first mobo. 30,000 series?, ps2 and it wont read dvd's anymore. I think when all of these game devlopers ran to build consoles that the dvd readers were not up to par. Whatever, i bought a halo ed. xbox, ps2 sux! GT4 no online play, you have got to be kidding me.

CJ55
02-08-2005, 06:24 PM
up
can we see some claim information