PDA

View Full Version : lvl10 bolt stick problems

Arson51
02-07-2005, 02:18 AM
my lvl10 bolt often stops working after being left on. i can pull my emags trigger and i will hear the noid and sear click, but the bolt dosent even move. on the field i often remedy this by "donkey punching" the back of my reg roughly. it will continue to work aslong as it is fired, than when it sits idle for a bit it will not work once again.

i think the cause of this could be caused by a combination of my custom cut spring which is one cm longer than the stock cut spring, and too small of a carrier.

what do you think i can do? thanks for your help

Chronobreak
02-07-2005, 01:34 PM
do you oil the gun ergularly?

maybe you need a new carrier o-ring

slightly higher velocity. or a larger carrier

Arson51
02-07-2005, 10:59 PM
thanks for your advice! its always good to get a second opinion to help you get your head straight. ill try those out next time im at the field.

jamescell
02-07-2005, 11:39 PM
Adding a shim may help as well :cheers:

Arson51
02-07-2005, 11:41 PM
hmm i didnt gather anything about shims attal in the instructions thanks

athomas
02-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Shims won't help. Shims only help shorten the distance the bolt is allowed to move before it can reset.

Bolt stick that you are experiencing is either a carrier that is too tight or a bolt spring that is too long/strong. Most likely it is the carrier that is too tight. If the bolt spring was an issue, it would stick every shot. However, the bolt spring may contribute to the problem by not allowing any room for changes in the operating parameters during the regular operation of the marker.

kevdupuis
02-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Also check the on/off assembly, it may be getting dry and not allowing the sear to clear the bolt until it's jarred.
Lube the bolt and on/off assy while you have it apart checking the carrier, it will help everything work smoothly. Also make sure the frame screw and field strip screw are tightened approx. the same amount.

phishphen
02-09-2005, 12:42 AM
Try all of items the members mentioned above and if it still no work, i found that if you tightened the field strip screw too much (for me finger tight was too much), you will get bolt stick. So tighten the field strip screw "finger tight" and then back it out "a quarter turn" to a "half of a turn". this might solve the bolt stick. hope this helps...good luck...

Arson51
02-09-2005, 07:41 PM
thanks for your help fellow maggers, ill try this all out this weekend :)