PDA

View Full Version : check out my new ride!

oneworld
01-23-2005, 06:19 PM
oook... well. this wasnt my origanal plan to get this car..BUT it was a sweet deal. and its pretty nice.. and atleastits a step up from a 1991 multi-colored dodge spirit ;)

but i was gon get an acura integra 1995.5 speed.. real fast and nice.. BUT you know parents... they all the sudden one day say that im gettin this or im not gettin a car!.. :cuss: SO.. im stuk wit this..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/j-man777/100_0499.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/j-man777/100_0498.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/j-man777/100_0501.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/j-man777/100_0500.jpg

1997 grand am
auto tranny
2 door coupe
TWIN CAM ENGINE

real fast little car.

im planning on putting a blitz body kit and and euros and maybe window tint!..

whatcha think..

O yah

i onley paid 1,800$ for the thing,, so it was a sweet deal...

it NADA books for. 5,686$

so im happy!

SpecialBlend2786
01-23-2005, 06:24 PM
damn good price, nice job

-Tab
01-23-2005, 06:41 PM
this stupid car cost me a lot of misery.

i took it for a drive on a highway and got caught going 15 over. the ticket would have been almost $300.

he somehow let me off, but seeing as how i just got pulled over not too long ago before this, my parents were none to happy.
i do feel they took it WAYYYYY to seriously, but it's safe to say, i'll never speed again(well, for a while)

Steelrat
01-23-2005, 06:44 PM
Don't sink a lot of money on aftermarket parts into an older, cheap car. You'd be better off saving it for you next car. But thats just my opinion.

Nice car, enjoy!

oneworld
01-23-2005, 07:04 PM
this stupid car cost me a lot of misery.

i took it for a drive on a highway and got caught going 15 over. the ticket would have been almost $300.

he somehow let me off, but seeing as how i just got pulled over not too long ago before this, my parents were none to happy.
i do feel they took it WAYYYYY to seriously, but it's safe to say, i'll never speed again(well, for a while)

yah BUT atleast my dads best friends with the cop...he took it WAY easy on us..

but then again i wasnt the one sittin in the STUPID UNMARKED CAR
so i dont no what went down in there. :tard:

Will Wood
01-23-2005, 07:26 PM
Check out my new ride.
Yea, I've been playing NFPU2 constantly for the past day.

Fatjon
01-23-2005, 07:58 PM
Thats a really clean looking car for 1800. Is it loaded with miles?

purple
01-23-2005, 08:46 PM
i'm with steelrat on this, save your money for the maintinence :)
I bought a 89 camry in 1997 with 106,000 miles on it. It was in great shape, but after a while you start to notice things. check the CV joints when the wheels are fully turned, normally that's an expensive repair if the boots are split if you cant do it yourself (apartment) check your exhaust system, make sure it's not perforated. check your brakes, GM's arent known for having the *best* brakes. my buddy's malibu needed 3 brake jobs in teh first year!!! apparently something kept slipping out of the calipers or whatever and it got recalled twice after that. my point is, save the body kit money for fixing it, because it will break

Purple

Eric Cartman
01-23-2005, 08:51 PM
...my point is, save the body kit money for fixing it, because it will break
Purple

I agree. It's not like it's a bad looking car. Just leave the cosmetics alone and save your money for repairs / next car. You don't want to dump a bunch of cash on cosmetics and then have your tranny or something else expensive go. Just turns into a money pit then.

Creative Mayhem
01-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Looking good!

Being a Grand Am owner for sometime now, and knowing more than a few people with Grand Am's, i wonder... should i tell him what repairs to tell him to save for? OR should I just let him find out for himself :D

oneworld
01-23-2005, 09:12 PM
repairs are free.. my mom works at a dealership here....and theyl fix it all for free... they already have completly tuned it.. so i think ill be alright on the repairs...

but thanks for teh advice

-Tab
01-23-2005, 09:29 PM
i highly doubt this car will need any work done to it for a long time.

it rides really well, and the mechanics at the car dealership are amazing.

wad04
01-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Why are people so obsessed with making their cars look like they're faster than they really are? It's not just Civic owners, it's people with Neons and Hyundais too. They go all out and buy new rims, tint their windows, add fins, paint stripes on their car... why? It's old. You drive a ****ty car, deal with it. Mitsubishi Eclipse owners are some of the worst offenders. What's the point of dumping all this cash into modifications when it won't significantly change the performance of your vehicle? - Maddox

don't waste your money on body kits, tinted windows ect....

-Tab
01-23-2005, 09:46 PM
Why are people so obsessed with making their cars look like they're faster than they really are? It's not just Civic owners, it's people with Neons and Hyundais too. They go all out and buy new rims, tint their windows, add fins, paint stripes on their car... why? It's old. You drive a ****ty car, deal with it. Mitsubishi Eclipse owners are some of the worst offenders. What's the point of dumping all this cash into modifications when it won't significantly change the performance of your vehicle? - Maddox

to you it may seem like a waste of money. sure, i've seen some pretty dumb looking cars that aren't a bit fast, but i've also seen some of the most amazing cars that will make someone crap their pants.

to diehard car people, body kits are only the tip of the iceberg. they obviously love what they do and we have to respect that - and how do you know that he didn't plan on making this thing fast??
it's a hobby, it's what people do.

i'm not trying to start a flamefest in any way, so please don't take it that way.

wad04
01-23-2005, 09:56 PM
yeah, i understand your point. but i think he should maybe work on suspension, motor, or transmission pars/ajustments before he goes about putting body kits and such on his car.

-Tab
01-23-2005, 10:01 PM
yeah, i understand your point. but i think he should maybe work on suspension, motor, or transmission pars/ajustments before he goes about putting body kits and such on his car.

understandable, but this is a really nice car. if and it's like oneworld said, the repairs are free, which probably stops at some extent, but i don't see this thing needing work for a long time.

wad04
01-23-2005, 10:05 PM
i guess i could understand tinted windows and maybe euros. but i think a body kit would be dumb on a car with no "true" modifications done to it.

pputkowski
01-23-2005, 10:17 PM
to you it may seem like a waste of money. sure, i've seen some pretty dumb looking cars that aren't a bit fast, but i've also seen some of the most amazing cars that will make someone crap their pants.

to diehard car people, body kits are only the tip of the iceberg. they obviously love what they do and we have to respect that - and how do you know that he didn't plan on making this thing fast??
it's a hobby, it's what people do.

i'm not trying to start a flamefest in any way, so please don't take it that way.

Someone's been watching too much fast and the furious...

BTW, I don't think Blitz makes a kit for GRAND AMS.

Body Kits, Euro's, Chrome Wheels....the easiest way to ruin a car.

Archangel Kid
01-23-2005, 10:41 PM

My bro's eclipse (before he blew his tranny) was a high 10 low 11 second car....

purple
01-23-2005, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=wad04]They go all out and buy new rims, tint their windows, add fins, paint stripes on their car... why? QUOTE]

I live in Texas, and tint is a MUST, otherwise i agree "pimping" makes cars tacky

Purple

oneworld
01-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Someone's been watching too much fast and the furious...

BTW, I don't think Blitz makes a kit for GRAND AMS.

Body Kits, Euro's, Chrome Wheels....the easiest way to ruin a car.

ahh... but thats where your wrong ;)

they actually make 3 types of body kits for them!.. ill post pics of them..

oneworld
01-24-2005, 09:49 AM
heres blitz one

http://www.creativeautoonline.com/prodimages/Ebay/96grandamVADER-1.jpg

blitz 2.

http://216.55.128.40/sonnic2/ExtImages/96_grandamblitscomplete.jpg

so why dont you just think before you open your mouth..

wad04
01-24-2005, 02:34 PM
bangs head on computer

Python14
01-24-2005, 02:39 PM
That's the type of thing where I wish the manufacturer was just playing a joke and really they just shipped a package bomb to the idiot who buys that.

wad04
01-24-2005, 02:42 PM
i agree

Invisibleman
01-24-2005, 03:10 PM
heh bout the same thing happend to me we were about to get a mustang then at the last minute my parents changed their mind into gettin a grand am cause they said insurence on a mustang was too high. it pissed me off so much

skife
01-24-2005, 03:13 PM
My bro's eclipse (before he blew his tranny) was a high 10 low 11 second car....

you got slips to prove it?

otherwise i claim BS!

this guy actually thinks his car is cool (it used to be until he touched it) 3kgt
http://img168.exs.cx/img168/236/dsc016711fr.jpg

now its just a slow brick

pputkowski
01-24-2005, 03:14 PM
heres blitz one

http://www.creativeautoonline.com/prodimages/Ebay/96grandamVADER-1.jpg

blitz 2.

http://216.55.128.40/sonnic2/ExtImages/96_grandamblitscomplete.jpg

so why dont you just think before you open your mouth..

Oneworld, you are thick.

Can you not read? Did you not pass the 2nd grade?

Blitz doesn't make parts for POS domestics.

Taken from: http://www.extremedimensions.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?SID=4Pontiac&id=275&cat=Grand+Am+96%2D98&ProdType=Body%20Kits

skife
01-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Oneworld, you are thick.

Can you not read? Did you not pass the 2nd grade?

Blitz doesn't make parts for POS domestics.

Taken from: http://www.extremedimensions.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?SID=4Pontiac&id=275&cat=Grand+Am+96%2D98&ProdType=Body%20Kits

nothing wrong with domestics....
turbofy a v8 and see where it gets you, ever seen a 7 second door slammer?

Archangel Kid
01-24-2005, 03:20 PM

otherwise i claim BS!

i don't have slips for HIS OLD car... i'll see if he does... but don't claim BS cause its true... I don't get off saying my brothers car is fast... personally I hated the thing.

skife
01-24-2005, 03:23 PM
i don't have slips for HIS OLD car... i'll see if he does... but don't claim BS cause its true... I don't get off saying my brothers car is fast... personally I hated the thing.

BS!

you can say how fast it is all you want, no slip = no proof.

Archangel Kid
01-24-2005, 03:34 PM
just called my bro, he told me 11.6 @ 118mph. 1990 eclipse GSX dual ball-bearing turbo and all the mods to support it. He said he has no slips from his old car, but he's building a new one and he will be sure to save a slip so i can post... but he said it prolly won't be out till next year... until then have fun.

skife
01-24-2005, 03:42 PM
just called my bro, he told me 11.6 @ 118mph. 1990 eclipse GSX dual ball-bearing turbo and all the mods to support it. He said he has no slips from his old car, but he's building a new one and he will be sure to save a slip so i can post... but he said it prolly won't be out till next year... until then have fun.

11.6 isn't low 11's not even clsoe to high 10's

Archangel Kid
01-24-2005, 03:43 PM
Oh No's I Made A Mistake!!!!

oneworld
01-24-2005, 05:12 PM
... thanks for pointing out the blits and blitz thing...

i may be dumb.. but ima go with AO's advice on this one.. i wont do ne thing to this car... ill leave it untill i get one worth payin 700$ for a body kit... and thats not where i got the pics.. i got them off of creativeautoonline.com.

BUT ne ways i wasnt trying to start a flame fest.. i just wanted to show my new ride!

skife
01-24-2005, 07:06 PM
... thanks for pointing out the blits and blitz thing...

i may be dumb.. but ima go with AO's advice on this one.. i wont do ne thing to this car... ill leave it untill i get one worth payin 700$ for a body kit...

FYI, there is no car worth putting a body kit on.

PyRo
01-24-2005, 07:30 PM

otherwise i claim BS!

Choose an excuse
1. He lost them
2. He beat they guy who claimed to have a 12 secont car so his car must be an 11 secont car
3. Stopwatch/odometer 1/4 miles.

Archangel Kid
01-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Choose an excuse
1. He lost them
2. He beat they guy who claimed to have a 12 secont car so his car must be an 11 secont car
3. Stopwatch/odometer 1/4 miles.

I CHOOSE OPTION:

E) Read above.

-30 e-cool points... <--- this is the cool think to do right?

wad04
01-24-2005, 08:06 PM
thank you, i'm glad i helped get another ricer off the road. and yeah i like your car but don't turn it into a ricer.

pputkowski
01-24-2005, 09:47 PM
FYI, there is no car worth putting a body kit on.

Quoted for the upmost of truth.

cockerkiller68
02-07-2005, 05:25 AM
I hope you guys know eachother. b/c if you didn't I'd say....nevermind. Anyways, let ppl do whatever the heck they want with there cars. If you wanna make a slow car look fast, do it. Just don't rev on me when your driving around, my HEMI will hafta put the smack down. Better idea, get a fast car and make it look slow.