PDA

View Full Version : Electronic trigger frames and aftermarket grips

dawump
11-14-2001, 11:08 AM
Has anyone modified any aftermarket grips to go on either the hyperframe or the old or new Booyah?

I have rosewood grips right now, and they are so sweet I'd hate to loose them. Because they are wood they are pretty easy to modify ( to go double trigger, and even chiselling out a view hole for the display ) but I need to know if the grips are the same basic size and shape as standard. I see that the screw mounts are different but that shouldn't be a big deal either.

Thanks

Keith

TheTramp
11-14-2001, 11:39 AM
To get them to fit you'd need to take into account 4 things. You covered three of them: Trigger gaurd placement, screw holes, and LCD disply. You are right, all these can be changes as the wood can just be drilled, sanded, chiseled etc. The other thing I see a problem with is the thickness of the grip. If it isn't exactly the same thickness (I think the Hyper and ELCD are a good bit thicker then the stock) there will be a big gap between the two halves of the wood grip. You could always fill this in with something but it might take a lot of work. YOu might be better off making new wood grips your self. Good luck with your grips.