PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock vs. Tyson

abrewin450
02-07-2005, 09:54 PM
I just want to know who yall think would win in a street fight between Mike Tyson and Ken Shamrock. Assuming that they are both fighting in their prime. I think Shamrock would completley own but all my friends think that Tyson would win. What do you think??

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
02-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Street fight- shamrock

Boxing- Tyson

quik
02-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Sakuraba would beat them both

abrewin450
02-07-2005, 10:13 PM
good glad someone agrees with me. If Shamrock got Tyson on the ground it would be game over.

cockerkiller68
02-07-2005, 10:20 PM
I just want to know who yall think would win in a street fight between Mike Tyson and Ken Shamrock. Assuming that they are both fighting in their prime. I think Shamrock would completley own but all my friends think that Tyson would win. What do you think??

That's not even a question worth asking!! ;)

Pretty much any real pro BJJ'er would DESTROY Tyson. Grandpa Gracie would probably kill Tyson. :rofl:

Kai
02-07-2005, 10:20 PM
It could go either way. Tyson could strike a HELL of alot better than Shamrock could. And if you gave Mike a few months worth of training, so that he could become at least a little familiar with takedown defense, it'd be even harder for Shamrock.

It'd come down to how the fight was fought, just like any striker vs. grappler match.

I'd put my money on Tyson. That guy was a beast, in his prime.

Also, I very much doubt that Sakuraba could beat them both.

quik
02-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Hahahha, Gracie.

I'm sorry, but the gracies are a joke.

EDIT: SAKURABA CAN BEAT ANYONE KAI, YOU JUST DONT KNOW

Real edit: Sakuraba and Shamrock in their prime(s) would be one hell of a fight.

Kai
02-07-2005, 10:24 PM
Hahahha, Gracie.

The current lineup of Gracies isn't anything impressive, but Royce in his prime... Was far from a joke.

EDIT- Sakuraba is cool, and all... But I think he's overrated.

WicKeD_WaYz
02-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Hahahha, Gracie.

I was going to say something about that but kai got to it first. Royce Gracie was a GOD.

And Shamrock would destroy tyson in a street fight. It wouldnt look like the same Mike Tyson to you. Hes a 1 dimensional fighter and thats a problem when your fighting a guy like Ken Shamrock on the street. Dont get me wrong Ive always been a Tyson fan, and he would knock Ken out with gloves on....but not on the street.

Now this is the case because Ken Shamrock is so crazy, as is Tito, Chuck, etc. Top of the line fighters in UFC.

Now Tyson on the street bare knuckles? In his prime? Theres not too many people in the world who could stand up to that except the best of the best.

cockerkiller68
02-08-2005, 12:53 AM
Thats why I said "GRANDPA GRACIE"!!!!

I love him :p

lolz

How many of you actually do REAL fighting??
Not the fake tourney dancing/flying/acrobatic/pressure point/drunken dragontiger stuff.

quik
02-08-2005, 01:14 AM
Not the fake tourney dancing/flying/acrobatic/pressure point/drunken dragontiger stuff.

What?

Anyways, just because a fighter is 'crazy' doesnt make him a good fighter. If anything, the calmer a fighter is the better he will sometimes do. Every fighter has their day though :(.

I think we can all agree that Paulo Silvia sucks.

cockerkiller68
02-08-2005, 01:36 AM
I was talking about REAL fighting techniques. No holds barred, real fighting techniques. Just wondering, and if you do, what and where do you do it.

I used to do a lot until I messed up my arm pretty badly. BJJ + muy tai

Many of my friends do NHB tourneys around the country, not I though. One good arm bar and I'm toast.

quik
02-08-2005, 01:50 AM
Wow, that looks like it hurt. How long were you held in a Arm bar for? jesus.

cockerkiller68
02-08-2005, 05:41 AM
lolz didn't happen in an arm bar. I just can't really do arm bars or much else in BJJ anymore. Those were from a surgery when I was 20(?). I couldn't play pball for a year or so either. It sucked for a while!!

WicKeD_WaYz
02-08-2005, 12:35 PM

Ive been training Muy Thai and Gracie JJ for about 4 or 5 years now. I was Thai boxing actually a lot longer than that. Before that I dabbled in certin types of taikwondo, kung foo, karate, etc but didnt like it that much. As far as "real" fighting. Im willing to bet ive been in more fights than most, if not all, people on this board. My first few years of highschool I fought 1-2 times a week every week. I LOVE street fights. Now....well im 18 and I try to stay out of it because I'll go straight to jail.

and quick...I just said crazy, haha it was just my word for really really good martial artists. I didnt literally mean crazy in the head or anything. But personally when I fight I like to get pissed off. When I get mad im a LOT better fighter. That probably goes for most people.

SCpoloRicker
02-08-2005, 12:48 PM
re: "crazy"

Most of the MMA guys I have mett describe themselves as perfectly calm, sort of "in the moment." Everyone else, of course, thinks they are raving maniac-death machines. They are usually, I've seen, really mellow guys outside of the ring.

Gracie in a street or MMA fight, Tyson if they box.

/Tyson ruled in oh so many ways.

desslock
02-08-2005, 01:57 PM
that is a tough call, if you watch older Tyson fights he was a "close quarters" boxer, so I think he may do better fighting a grappler than say Lewis that stays outside and comes in. Most street fights end up on the ground anyways so Shamrock def has the advantage there. But then again Iron Mike has the taste of blood soooo, Ken better watch his fingers ears nose etc. I think if Tyson was able to land 1 or 2 solid blows Shamrock is done, but if Shamrock can get Tyson on the ground I think Mike is done. Tough one to call but I would love to see it reallly happen.

digitard
02-08-2005, 09:15 PM
Remember. If Shamrock gets Tyson on the ground Tyson can always bite his ear off.

quik
02-08-2005, 09:23 PM
http://www.profikickbox.hu/images/kazushisakurabaandgracie.jpg

<3

CaptaiN_JacK
02-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Ok, don't spaz on me, but who is Shamrock? Pic maybe?

WicKeD_WaYz
02-08-2005, 09:53 PM
UFC fighter, used to be in WWF.

abrewin450
02-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Yall still need to keep in mind that Shamrock destroyed Gracie in their second fight :)

quik
02-08-2005, 10:01 PM
So did Saku :). I'd like to see a Shamrock vs. Sakuraba match, that'd be good to see.

WickeDKlowN
02-08-2005, 10:06 PM
In a street fight, Ken would win. Boxing would be no doubt be Mike though.

abrewin450
02-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Here are some pictures to size them up. I think the both pictres capture the fighters in their true element.(Tyson is a B.A., but Shamrock is an effing phsycho)