PDA

View Full Version : Stock-class mag???

mark_1791
02-07-2005, 10:27 PM
The thought just hit me: would it be possible to make a stock-class mag? And, for cheapness, could it be done with a SS body? I was just thinking, put the 12 gram where the foregrip is, but how would the feed tube fit? Would the feed have to be sawed off and had a custom feed welded on?

Could it be done?

Please post your thoughts...

Edit: not a Sydarm, they're way to expensive!

txaggie08
02-07-2005, 10:50 PM
not totaly up on stock class rules but isnt the feed supposed to be a on gun feedtube(spring to right?) shop a ule boy down....or get a no rise and build your feed off that

frischtr
02-07-2005, 10:51 PM
The thought just hit me: would it be possible to make a stock-class mag? And, for cheapness, could it be done with a SS body? I was just thinking, put the 12 gram where the foregrip is, but how would the feed tube fit? Would the feed have to be sawed off and had a custom feed welded on?

Could it be done?

Please post your thoughts...

Edit: not a Sydarm, they're way to expensive!

I believe that true stock-class markers need to be the 'rock and cock' type, so yes, the feedneck would have to be cut off, and fitted with a 90* elbow facing the valve...

maglover728
02-07-2005, 11:36 PM
I have built one. I just took the feed off of a Zeus pistol and welded it straight to the body. If I want a sydarm, I put the spring into the feed tube and use a 12 gram changer or my 13cu 3k air tank. If I want a pump, I put my pump kit on it. If I want to play stock, I remove the feed tube spring, put the pump kit on, and use my 12 gram. :headbang:

Muzikman
02-07-2005, 11:52 PM
You can use a ULE body and put a AM Illusion stock class feed tube on it. Then you can run a pump kit and run a 12gram adapter off the vert adapter.

Bad_Dog
02-08-2005, 12:12 AM
linky link (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=156183)

;)

sure is fun to play with :D

Muzikman
02-08-2005, 12:16 AM
That is cool. I like how you mounted the 12 gram. If you want, I might have a few extra remote adapters around here to replace that bottomline. It will still work the same way, but removes the screw holes in the back.

mark_1791
02-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Maglover, where could I get one of those feed tubes?

luke
02-08-2005, 12:54 AM
I think it would be possible to do a feed tube similar to what Bad Dog did, but instead of using the powder feed plug, mount the feed tube to one of the warp feed or vert feed conversions tubes I make, just face it to the rear.

Just a thought.... :ninja:

GT
02-08-2005, 12:18 PM
doesnt stock class also mean no reg?

Muzikman
02-08-2005, 12:26 PM
doesnt stock class also mean no reg?

I do not think that even in the strictest terms of SC, that a reg ever made a difference. I think the big thing is that usually with 12 grams you do not want one. and seeing as 99% of the stock class guns out there are Nelson or Sheridan based, you don't really need one.