PDA

View Full Version : Paintball on TV petition

jewie27
02-08-2005, 04:27 AM
I found this on the net. Petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/tvpb/petition.html)

jewie27
02-08-2005, 04:28 AM
I was wondering if there are any shows that feature paintball right now? I know that sometimes Spike TV shows paintball on Saturday mornings but I"ve never seen it. Is it still showing?

I live in the LA area, maybe someone knows.

Target Practice
02-08-2005, 04:38 AM
Petitions are effective!

bulzeye
02-08-2005, 05:01 AM
paintball is on every tuesday on fox sports net. check your local listings

magman007
02-08-2005, 05:07 AM
the pb2x tv show is still on, and this damn petition surfaces so damn often. we have all signed it already. And it already succeded. pb got on espn, pb is on spike, etc etc.

rabidchihauhau
02-08-2005, 07:01 AM
Not to rain on your parade, but the petition did nothing to get those shows on tv - paying lots of money did.

PB2X - air time purchased
NPPL - air time purchased, although FOX sports net seems to be underwriting a small portion of it - or helping with advertising
NXL - air time purchased

There's not been a single television show (with one exception) about paintball where the air time was not purchased in an infomercial manner.

That one show was Adrenaline TV's presentation of PaintFest over Thanksgiving weekend in 2000. Adrenaline bought the air time and chose to present the tournament as their major segment - so even THAT wasn't a true 'sport on tv'.

Here's the difference: major league sports SELL the right to air their games to networks, who invest because they know it will draw enough audience to get advertisers to buy in and cover the purchase. Other sports pay the network for the air time and hope they can get advertisers to buy in to cover their production and etc. expenses.

The main difference between the two is that in the former case, the product has VALUE to the network itself, while in the latter case, its just a check and the product itself means nothing.

This is why you see the networks advertising major league sports at their own expense and you see virtually no advertising (on air) for the 'sportomercials'.

shartley
02-08-2005, 07:34 AM
Not to rain on your parade, but the petition did nothing to get those shows on tv - paying lots of money did.

PB2X - air time purchased
NPPL - air time purchased, although FOX sports net seems to be underwriting a small portion of it - or helping with advertising
NXL - air time purchased

There's not been a single television show (with one exception) about paintball where the air time was not purchased in an infomercial manner.

That one show was Adrenaline TV's presentation of PaintFest over Thanksgiving weekend in 2000. Adrenaline bought the air time and chose to present the tournament as their major segment - so even THAT wasn't a true 'sport on tv'.

Here's the difference: major league sports SELL the right to air their games to networks, who invest because they know it will draw enough audience to get advertisers to buy in and cover the purchase. Other sports pay the network for the air time and hope they can get advertisers to buy in to cover their production and etc. expenses.

The main difference between the two is that in the former case, the product has VALUE to the network itself, while in the latter case, its just a check and the product itself means nothing.

This is why you see the networks advertising major league sports at their own expense and you see virtually no advertising (on air) for the 'sportomercials'.
Correct.

And anyone who thinks online petitions have any weight are fooling themselves.

On another note, there will be a PBS Special on Extreme Sports/Activities this spring/summer made by Channel 14 (K14KQ) out of Nevada. One of the spotlighted activities is PAINTBALL. So those of you who live in that area and get that as a local channel should be able to see it.

SSniper
02-08-2005, 11:26 AM
i cant find PB2X on spiketv.com, can anyone else??

PBkilla123
02-21-2005, 07:09 PM
That thing never works i signed it like a year ago and nothing ever happend