PDA

View Full Version : Help Tom Kaye Rule the Universe!

JJBrookshire
11-14-2001, 01:42 PM
Discovered at the bottom of a space vortex is a small planet. On this planet lies many of man's most sought after possessions. These include Thor's Hammer, the Sword Excalibur, The Holy Grail, etc... Who ever gains control of these items and the planet on which they are located will control the destiny of the Universe.
Enter Tom Kaye, leading a team of adventurous souls in a quest to secure these items and this planet. His task will not be easy. He will have to overcome two other groups with similar objectives. Only one team can be victorious and the Universe hangs in the balance.
If you wish to join this great adventure you should visit http://www.spplat.com/news.html for more info.
I'd suggest that AO members use "AO" as a team name in the "Game Information" section. I'll make every attempt to keep AO members together and on Tom's team (if you so choose). I realize this seems to be VERY ADVANCED notice, but we will begin a massive media push before Christmas and expect half or more of the players to be "Shatner/Trek fans", many of whom have never played. Once we reach capacity we will have to stop taking registrations.
The event will be held at Challenge Park Xtreme (www.challengepark.com).

shartley
11-14-2001, 01:46 PM
LOL Sounds like a plan. BUT... be careful, there may be spies afoot! ;)

virus
11-14-2001, 02:33 PM
ok... sounds great... now a question

where is it going to be held....
is it going to be just one day....
but for me.. knowin where it is going to be is the big one... just so i can plan out for money and travel.....

udtseal
11-14-2001, 02:36 PM
WHOA! That sounds like fun!! I want to sign up but wont be able to for at least another month. I hope there is still space then.

JJBrookshire
11-14-2001, 02:39 PM
1 Day event (no night play) with several days of events surrounding the Game to be held at Challenge Park Xtreme.

FeelTheRT
11-14-2001, 03:04 PM
JJ, GL with the SPPLAT. It's a good thing that paintball is reaching out into other industries.

vf-xx
11-14-2001, 03:19 PM
It's $150 just to get in!? Ookay.

I would hope that this would include all day air?

Buying paint is xtra? Can we bring our own?

JJBrookshire
11-14-2001, 03:26 PM
It will be $150 for non-SPPLAT members and $100 for SPPLAT members. This includes all day air and a limited edition collectable jersey. The jerseys will only be available to players and will indicate your team (no team armbands needed) SPPLAT membership is only $35, so if you don't take advantage of any other SPPLAT benefits all year you'll still save more than the cost of membership on this one entry fee. Paint will be field paint only but will be priced around .03 per ball with .01 per ball going to charity. All profits for the event go to charity as well.

Shaft
11-14-2001, 03:28 PM
I did get the email with info about rental car discounts and hotel discounts.
The event seems interesting. Even Mancow was talking of it.
But this organization seems very very... non-paintball.
I couldn't tell if it were a paintball group or AAA trying to go for that 16-35yr old group.

JJBrookshire
11-14-2001, 03:57 PM
This is exactly what should have been contained in your email. I'll post it here for all to read:

SPPLAT membership brings a variety of benefits some of which are listed below:
•T-Shirt (wear often and tell the world that you are a Paintball Player)
•Avis package that includes a complementary Preferred Rental Application, normally $50 per year (please take advantage of this offer allowing you to “go strait to the car”), Avis Worldwide Discount number and coupons for upgrades and other discounts.
•Hertz SPPLAT Member Discount Card (Remove the discount card and keep in your wallet for future use) along with a one car upgrade coupon and $10 coupon off a weekly rental.
•Save 20% at Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Econo Lodge, Roadway and Mainstay.
•Save 15 – 30% at Amerihost, Days Inn, Howard Johnson, Knights Inn, Ramada, Travel Lodge, Villager and Wingate Inns.
•Cruise America including up to $200 dollars off the rental of a motorhome, rent one week get one free motorcycle rental and $500 of the purchase of a motorhome.
•Recreation USA, Inc. membership offer that saves SPPLAT members $20 off the annual membership cost of this camping club which gives you access to hundreds of camp grounds for only $10 per day.
•E-Z Up Instant Shelters offers a 20% discount to SPPLAT members on all purchases.
•Sam’s Club offers $10 off for all SPPLAT members at the time you join or renew your Sam’s Club membership.
•At this time we have confirmed special offers/discounts from most Paintball product manufacturers and publications.
•Hundreds of play sites and retailers offer special pricing to SPPLAT members. These are being added to a list located at www.SPPLAT.com.

Many of these Supporting Partners have committed to sponsoring Paintball events and teams based on the results that they see from SPPLAT member expenditures. Paintball players have contributed hundreds of millions of dollars to these and many other companies without them realizing the impact we have on their business. By the use of these discounts, we will be able to prove the value of marketing to Paintball players and can finally see some of our expenditures returned in the form of sponsorship and prizes.
At major events, members will need to come by the SPPLAT booth, show their membership card and pick up the local benefit package. Players should check out www.SPPLAT.com prior to going to events to see where we’ll be and what offers may be available.
We are proud to announce SPPLAT’s creation: the “Shatner Big Scenario Game” to be held on August 31st, 2002 at Challenge Park Xtreme in Joliet, Illinois. At this time the actual name and theme is pending approval from Paramount Studios. We can confirm that William Shatner will lead one of the three teams competing that day in what will likely be the largest Paintball event in history. Tom Kaye has agreed to lead one of the other teams and the third team leader is yet to be determined. SPPLAT members will receive a $50 discount off the entry fee to the event.
SPPLAT members receive the SPPLAT-E-Newsletter on a monthly basis. This newsletter will keep members informed of the ever growing list of benefits available. It will also be a source of information regarding important Paintball industry happenings that may affect members. As an active member of the ASTM Paintball Subcommittee and the Eye Safety Subcommittee as well as the acting president of the Protective Eyewear Certification Council, J.J. Brookshire will represent the interests of players worldwide and serve as your advocate to these and other important groups.

Shaft
11-14-2001, 04:47 PM
Yeah that's the email I got. Did you get my email addy through the forum?

JJBrookshire
11-14-2001, 04:51 PM
I assume I got your addy from an online comment you made at SPPLAT.com. I won't abuse forum members by getting email addys from here.

wyn1370
11-14-2001, 04:53 PM
do we get to shoot Shatner?

JJBrookshire
11-14-2001, 05:07 PM
Depends on your ability to penetrate his vanguard (or his eagerness to become a target)

shartley
11-14-2001, 05:33 PM
(putting on Bevis-n-Butthead mask)

Uh,.... He just said "penetrate"....

Shaft
11-14-2001, 05:47 PM
How about free memberships to all current AO members?

A good way to build the lists to present to company's when searching for member benefits. More member benefits, more players will want to join.

I like the idea myself. Free, good!

Army
11-14-2001, 07:04 PM
WARNING! WARNING! You will be playing with William Shatner, aka James Tiberius Kirk, Captain of the USS Enterprise, leader of the landing party. Whatever your plans may be, whatever character you will become...

DON'T WEAR THE RED SHIRT!!

:D

shartley
11-14-2001, 07:08 PM
ARMY! Blaspheme! James Tiberian Kirk? EEEEK Check out your choice for middle names on that, Big Guy. ;) You are close, but not quite on the mark. :D

(Even my Wife caught THAT one. ;))

vf-xx
11-15-2001, 06:59 AM
Darnit! I was planning on wearing the red shirt just for that reason. I thought it would be mildly amusing. OH well.

Can't figure out why, but the thought of being able to light up Shatner is strangely appealing.

virus
11-15-2001, 10:52 AM
ok so what airports are close to Joliet, Illinois.... i'm chk'in on airfares and the other stuff now..... but have no idea which airport(s) is/are the closest to CXP.... at least i have that weekend off from work (unless they change my sched)
welp TIA guys

Shaft
11-15-2001, 11:13 AM
Take your flight into Chicago. CPX will be about a half hour or so from there.

But you're speaking too soon. I was going to ask for free entry to the event too. That is unless, you're already being promised free entry....

virus
11-15-2001, 11:30 AM
ok... ohare seems to be the closest one for now.... btw CPX is a code for purto rico.....

so far.... with just some quick price chks so far w/o any discounts from joing spplat yet or the game it self i come up with about $300.... i guess that is not too bad.... now to figure in the spplat membership cost and the cost of the game and paint(figure on 2 cases at .03 a ball) which brings me up to about $550 before any of the discounts are applied on travel/hotel/car rental.... i think i can swing that....

welp time to take my little monsters to go see monsters inc.... sigh.... at least they are chick magnets at the mall *8P

Shaft
11-15-2001, 12:27 PM
That's weird. I live in the Chicago area and I was thinking that the price of admission, even after the member discount, was overpriced.

JJBrookshire
11-15-2001, 12:33 PM
The price of $100 (after SPPLAT discount) is about $40 higher than other big games. Keep in mind the entry fee includes all day air and a collectable/limited edition event jersey identifying your team. Many other events charge an additional $10 for the air and a quality jersey (these will be) is worth another $30 even if was not a limited edition. Add to this the fact that field paint will be around .03 per ball and you can then better judge the value. What ever value you place on the unique features of the event, is up to you.

Almost forgot...All profits will go to charity!

Ahead With Horses
http://www.horseshow.org/hchs/index.hchs?awh

Shaft
11-15-2001, 01:36 PM
Case o' Paint (2000rnds) = $60
Big Game Entry = $60
All day Air = $10
Jersey = $30
Membership to SPPLAT = $35
Donating all profits to charity = Priceless

What's Shatner's cut? He deserves to get gogged just for making those terrible Priceline commercials.
Yet still, I want more. Don't leave us wanting, JJ. I know you can make it irresistable.
You can do it!

JJBrookshire
11-15-2001, 01:47 PM
Shatner's "Cut" is 0 (Zero). His goal is to gain exposure for and $s for his named charity. We will cover the cost of travel, hotel, meals, etc... for him but he will recieve no money just the satisfaction of knowing that he will be helping his chosen charity.

Before you ask...My "cut" will be roughly the same. The reason I say "roughly" is because I will make money on memberships that are sold as a direct result of people wanting to save money to attend the event. I will also gain exposure for SPPLAT and Paintball in general which will help SPPLAT (and Paintball) overall.

I honestly see this as a Win/Win/Win/Win situation. First and foremost a worthwhile charity will win. Ahead with Horses is a therapeutic equistrian program that truly helps many people (especially teens) that suffer from permanent dabilitating illnesses. Second, Paintball will "win" from the tremendous exposure via mainstream media and through introducing so many non-players to the game (we anticipate renting up to 2,000 sets of equipment that day). Third, Challenge Park Xtreme will gain from the promotional value and the exposure created. They will be paid a modest fee for each player for which they will supply staff and the facility. Keep in mind that I allowed Shatner to choose the location in order that I not have to choose from among field owners that I consider friends. Finally, SPPLAT will gain exposure and some members that might not have otherwise joined.

Potatoboy
11-15-2001, 01:56 PM
So far I'm definitely interested, and if you break it down like shaft did,

Case o' Paint (2000rnds) = $60
Big Game Entry = $60
All day Air = $10
Jersey = $30
Membership to SPPLAT = $35

it's not really all that expensive. I plan on registering sometime soon, hopefully in the next two weeks depending on financial situations. Besides, I already signed up for SPPLAT for other reasons, so $50 off a big game (or should I say freakin huge game) is a great deal!

Not to mention a chance to play alongside Tom Kaye against Shatner and "Mysterious TBA Captain" doesn't come that often.

Oh yeah, and I wanted to say one other thing to JJ, is there any way for me to find out who signed up right after I did? I want to assume their identity. I got SPPLAT number 00169, and my RTPro is 00170. It'd be neat if they matched.

JJBrookshire
11-15-2001, 02:03 PM
We have a listing of each person and their member number. We have to keep these to verify eligibility for certain benefits. I'll have to look up the name and see if I can "broker" the deal.

Shaft
11-15-2001, 02:54 PM
Get Mancow as a captain and I'm in!

JJBrookshire
11-15-2001, 04:33 PM
as a regular cynic myself, I'll be glad to respond.

The "actual amount" will not be available until after the "actual" event. We anticipate donating over $100,000 to the charity on the day of the event. "Actual" donation amount will be dependent on number of players and number of balls shot. I assure you that Shatner would not have agreed to this event if I had not shown him a plan that gives ALL of the available profits to the charity.

Shaft
11-15-2001, 04:39 PM
He He. Shartley is cool like that.
Got'ta admit though J. A paintball organization that offers nothing but hotel and rental car discounts comes across awful odd. Stopped me from joining.

JJBrookshire
11-15-2001, 04:55 PM
Stay tuned and we'll see if you "stopped" or delayed joining :)

Bartman
11-15-2001, 06:33 PM
I look forward to meeting, and playing against you all, I wills ee you all at this event. Mr Shatner needs to be stopped ERR I mean guarded.

Bartman
Team #3
Team I have no Idea
www.ihni.org

JJBrookshire
11-15-2001, 06:38 PM
The ultimate savings for all of us would be if we quit spending money on anything that was not required to sustain life. When I mentioned the savings as it related to the cost of the event, I was comparing the Shatner Big Scenario Game to the cost of other Big/Scenario Games. Travel, meals, etc... are simply part of the cost of playing paintball at this level. In no way did I intend (nor do I think I did) imply that charity is the only reason to come to the event. My point is that if you would enjoy playing in a Big Scenario game, you might consider this one and that no one will be "raking in the cash" but instead the profits will go to charity. The idea of comparing the total expenditures involved in attending this event to the dollars going to charity is off base (IMHO). By doing so, you fail to give any value to the time that is to be had playing the game. This would be like looking at the total cost of playing in a Toys for Tots benefit where entry fee is a toy that goes to the kids. Sure you could have simply given a toy to the kids and played paintball another day but the idea of tying a paintball event to charity is good for the charity and good for paintball.

bond1313
11-15-2001, 07:58 PM
Shartley has some very good points, and I would appreciate if you can answer them. You keep avoiding all of his questions and just restating what you said before. The site has very little info and everthing you already said is on the site I am starting to think there is some hidden plot, like a AAA club. First you get us paintball guns then you get us real guns. But don't get me wrong I would love the chance to play with TK and with all my fellow AO members. Please answer Sharltey's questions and clear this up, beacause its starting to seem like spplat has nothing to do with paintball, just some discounts on stuff not even related to paitball.

virus
11-15-2001, 08:01 PM
well shartley... for me... i have to travel to just about every senerio/big game out there.... granted this one will be the furthest i will have traveled, and on a normal day at any field for me is usally about $100 anyway ($80 for a case in my neck of the woods)... even if i travel to the other end of my state and pay only $60 with tolls, gas, extra food and drink for the day its still get to the $100 mark... granted with me it is usally more, but that there is another story in itself.....

as it is i never really take a real vacation.. so these outings for me = that vacation i never really take. so if i blow $500-600 on that weekend after all is said and done i can look back and say "yup i was there and played... that was my vacation and some of the money from the game itself went to charity" and i finally get to put so more faces to the names i see on here all the time...

Yipe
11-15-2001, 08:08 PM
Personally, I am excited about Mr. Brookshire's SPLATT program, and the involvement of a major non-paintball related celebrity. Please don't ruin the fun for the rest of us, or at least me, with your negativity. Thanks for listening.

Moderators, feel free to delete my post if I have crossed the line.

Sincerely,

Matt
Team Trigger Happy

shartley
11-15-2001, 09:54 PM
Sorry, I had to add this in another post so that people would not think I deleted any of my last post to put this in.....

I will stop asking questions about the event and JJ's new club. I do not want to offend anybody further than I may have already. I did not think asking questions and actually expecting answers would have caused the problem with some of the AO members that it did. Any offense made was not intended, if I offended anyone please accept my apology.

Yipe
11-15-2001, 10:27 PM
Thank you for the thoughtful response, I now have a clearer understanding of your position. Your explanation is much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt
Team Trigger Happy

Doobie
11-15-2001, 10:29 PM
I don't think you were out of line shartley, everyone does have the right to ask questions and you at no time "flamed" JJ or insulted him. In fact you stated the questions quite clearly. However, JJ has said SPPLAT is a business and you have stated you are a business man. He is using a marketing technique to sell hi product. Just like anyone else. Linking your product to a charity does both groups good. It is obvious to me and I'm just a Drill Sergeant in the Army. Don't take my comment out of context, I appreciate your contributions to AO alot. I realize that some things, when read and not spoken, can be misunderstood.
Am I off base here and miss the point?

JJBrookshire
11-16-2001, 09:31 AM
It is obviously time for me to take the time to analyze Shartley's comments in greater detail and respond in as exact a manner as possible. So using Shartley quotes (S), I'll answer (J) line for line (by the way, I don't see this as personal, but simply an example of "Devil's Advocacy"):

(S)My main issue was that time and again JJ sells the idea of "savings" and "charity".. oh, I already said all that before as well. I NEVER said that the event would not be FUN, or that it was not a good thing.... only that how he was marketing it was more than a bit misleading if you did the actual math.

(J) This is the entirety of my original post. Notice the void of any selling of the idea of "savings" or "Charity":

"Discovered at the bottom of a space vortex is a small planet. On this planet lies many of man's most sought after possessions. These include Thor's Hammer, the Sword Excalibur, The Holy Grail, etc... Who ever gains control of these items and the planet on which they are located will control the destiny of the Universe.
Enter Tom Kaye, leading a team of adventurous souls in a quest to secure these items and this planet. His task will not be easy. He will have to overcome two other groups with similar objectives. Only one team can be victorious and the Universe hangs in the balance.
If you wish to join this great adventure you should visit http://www.spplat.com/news.html for more info.
I'd suggest that AO members use "AO" as a team name in the "Game Information" section. I'll make every attempt to keep AO members together and on Tom's team (if you so choose). I realize this seems to be VERY ADVANCED notice, but we will begin a massive media push before Christmas and expect half or more of the players to be "Shatner/Trek fans", many of whom have never played. Once we reach capacity we will have to stop taking registrations.
The event will be held at Challenge Park Xtreme (www.challengepark.com)."

(J) Anticipating questions regarding the link to the SPPLAT website, the text of that page is ("Savings and Charity Comments" are in Red):

"Make plans to be part of the biggest paintball game ever. Mark your calendars, set your schedule, sign up quick. August 31, 2002 will be a historical date in the annals of Paintball history. It will be on that date that thousands of players will gather near Chicago at Challenge Park Xtreme to play the ultimate scenario game with the ultimate Captain. This scenario will see three teams wrestling for control of mythical items (such as Thor's Hammer, The Holy Grail, Excalibur, etc…) and magical places (including the city of Bedlam, the Jungle of Doom, Fort Courage and Armegeddon).

Who is the "ultimate Captain"? None other than William Shatner! That's right the man who is known to millions of Star Trek fans as "Captain James T. Kirk" will lead one of the three teams attempting to control the destiny of the universe. SPPLAT members will receive a $50 discount off the standard entry fee of $150. Profits will go to benefit William Shatner's chosen charity. All participants will receive a commemorative event jersey, pay great prices for paint and have the chance to compete for outstanding prizes. Due to logistical constraints, players will be limited, so sign up soon.

SPPLAT is proud to welcome Airgun Designs' (www.airgun.com) Tom Kaye as the first leader willing to step up and command one of the teams opposing Shatner's attempt to rule the universe."

(J) "Misleading math" is in itself a misleading term. There is no way that I, nor anyone else, could calculate the total dollars anyone will spend with any accuracy if we have to include travel, hotels, meals, etc... Instead I took the least variable portions of the cost and that which should be compared to other events (in response to Shaft's "That's weird. I live in the Chicago area and I was thinking that the price of admission, even after the member discount, was overpriced.") and broke those down so that one could see that the event is actually not over priced if compared to other Big/Scenario Games.

(S) "The clubs actual savings thus far seen (as a whole) are no more than any member gets already with their AAA Club card, Visa or American Express Business Club Cards, or half a dozen other such clubs that use the same system. Hey, my card is a Golfing Card! Hey, mine is an NRA card! Etc. But the deals you get with them are exactly the same... just targeted to a different demographic or interest group."

(J) This obviously refers to SPPLAT. Please notice that SPPLAT membership is not required. If one prefers to pay the extra $s for the Shatner event, that will be fine with me and will actually bring more to the charity. That being said, Shartley is both poorly informed and simply wrong in saying that the savings "are no more than any member gets already with their AAA...". Examples: Choice Hotels gives 15% to AAA and 20% to SPPLAT. Avis gives SPPLAT deeper discounts than AAA as well. Sam's Club gives $10 off to SPPLAT members (there are few if any clubs that offer this). Add these examples to the facts that I stated in an earlier post (that Shartley overlooked/missed).

"Many of these Supporting Partners have committed to sponsoring Paintball events and teams based on the results that they see from SPPLAT member expenditures. Paintball players have contributed hundreds of millions of dollars to these and many other companies without them realizing the impact we have on their business. By the use of these discounts, we will be able to prove the value of marketing to Paintball players and can finally see some of our expenditures returned in the form of sponsorship and prizes."

I contend that AAA, Golfing, NRA, etc... will NOT do this for Paintball. If your devotion to Golf or the NRA is stronger than what you have for Paintball then you should choose such. I therefore contend that the "targeting" being done is a "two way street". It is true that these Supporting Partners are "targeting" Paintballers, but we as Paintballers are also "targeting" our expenditures in such a way as to benefit Paintball.

If I failed to answer any of Shartley's questions. I ask that they be restated in simple and exact terms and I'll be glad to answer them accordingly.

manike
11-16-2001, 11:09 AM
The Charity...

To be honest I see the charity as a very small part of this and I think it extremely miss sighted to make it any negative issue!!!

How can the fact that money is being donated to charity via a paintball event be in any way shape of form construed as a negative? To try and nitpick and imply that it is, is just sad.

To do so unrightly cheapens what is promising to be a fantastic event for paintball AND charity. Even if it was only a small amount going to charity (which it obviously won't be) then it's a good thing.

How many other big games do you know of that give ANY of their profits to charity? Let alone all? The fact that JJ is giving all profits should be applauded by us all and that should be just ONE MORE incentive to back this event.

The bigger reason, and why I feel all of us who care about the sport of paintball should back the event is that this event is helping to get our sport known and recognised (think of the media and attendees! as well as the money spent in the area via SPPLAT members!) We need to stand up and be counted for our money and contributions to society. SPPLAT is doing this for us. It is the best idea for the development and acceptance of paintball that I have ever seen and I've been in this sport for over 10 years now.

I care passionately about this sport and that is why I support SPPLAT and am quite honestly disgusted by people that can only see the negative and not the huge positives this can do for us as individual players and as a group.

The other point in discussion 'savings'. As for savings... I saved the money of my joining SPPLAT on the very first day I joined! I have no doubt whatsoever that every single paintballer who joins SPPLAT will not only get back their joining fee but will also be helping to do their bit for our sport as a whole.

As for saving in this specific event, well big games are expensive but a lot of fun. I'm going to be flying half way across the world to play this game. Big games have always cost me far more than to play tournaments (due to sponsorships thankfully!) so the difference in this one?

Well by the looks of it the hotel will be cheaper than New York, the paint will be much cheaper and the entry fee will be higher, but I get a shirt and the chance to shoot Trekkies, Will Shatner and Tom Kaye (yeah yeah Tom I know I said I'd be on your side... but accidents do happen :) lol ) Flights will be about the same but transport from the Airport to the field will be cheaper.

So in general I'm expecting this big game to cost me very similiarly to The Long Island Big Game I attended. But I expect this one to be bigger with more friends, give money to charity AND to help the Sport of paintball. I'm not sure I could ask for more from an event that that.

Those factors make this the BEST value big game EVER in my eyes. I look forward to seeing as many AOers there as possible, and I will buy the Krispy Kream Donuts :) (SPPLAT at World Cup got me addicted) anyway with SPPLAT I can buy a dozen and get a dozen free ;)

manike ~ Proud to be SPPLAT member no. 007

Riotz
11-16-2001, 03:33 PM
What's this Star Trek thing you all talk about?

:D

Bartman
11-16-2001, 03:47 PM
Simon,

Your response and reply isone of the most intelegent things I have ever read. I could have sat down for a week, and would satill had to resault in name calling.

My hate goes off to a fellow Spplat member and one of the most intelegent speakers I have ever read on line.

Bartman
team I Have no idea
www.ihni.org

PS: Play on team #3, We are borg, resistence is futile !!!!!! And sorry to any one I mat offend I suport what spplat and JJbrookshire has done so far .

hitmanng
11-16-2001, 06:18 PM
Ok guys who cares about charity. Well I do but that is not my point. This is a very reasonable rate in my opinion for this type of game. I am the premier scenario guy on here and this is just fact. I normally play a 24 hr scenario with actually 16hrs of play time.
Let me compare:
Normal Field of 3/4 miles of woods with a bunch of strangers and your scenario buddies.
Registration $55.00
Paint 2 cases $160.00
Air 6 fills $20.00
Event Shirt Like you could get one $20.00
Lets say $255.00 Plus Travel

This Event:
Challenge park, Tom Kayes, William Shatner, my scenario buddies, All of AO, and donating $30.00 to charity.
Registration $150.00
Paint 2 cases $120.00
Air Free $0.00
Shirt Free $0.00
Playing with this Group "Priceless".
Total $270.00 Plus travel.

I look at is as they are asking for a $15.00 donation and matching it, sounds fair.

I will be there period. I would love to see the final commander from the scenario world like Diane "Mother", Packman, or Viper. Unfortunately they would probably cream the competition.

I will look forward to serving under you Captain Kayes let me know if you need a good C.O. or if I can help.

Hope to see you all there.

Hitmanng

Potatoboy
11-16-2001, 06:35 PM
I'm going to have to agree with hitmang. I just recently played my first scenario (MXS Legends Cthulu). I want to be on Tom Kaye's honor guard!

Miscue
11-16-2001, 09:16 PM
I am really upset with this post. Frankly, I don't know what to say... and I have a feeling it's in my interests not to do so anyway.

This is what's going to happen: The subject is to be dropped. By all means PM each other and trade your thoughts to your contentment. This sort of thing does not belong here.

Finito.

-Brian