PDA

View Full Version : how does empire get away with it?

Soopa Villain17
02-08-2005, 11:22 AM
how does empire get away with having copies of like the 2 most popular loaders , the halo and 12v revvie ? wouldnt they get sued or something ? just wondering

magman007
02-08-2005, 11:29 AM
um, all empire did was make revisions to these hoppers. and your halo question? Simon "manike" stevens has patents that pertain to the halo, and coincidentally works for national :)

Soopa Villain17
02-08-2005, 11:30 AM
oh :confused:

Lohman446
02-08-2005, 11:32 AM
And K2 sued them over the copy of the Revvie and forced a recent design change.

Soopa Villain17
02-08-2005, 11:37 AM
i hope i dont get in trouble for this but k2 sucks , now some of the autocockers are made in taiwan by little kids now just like brass eagle and vl and jt, whos nexT ? i hope agd never sells out that would suck even more

SlartyBartFast
02-08-2005, 11:40 AM
i hope i dont get in trouble for this but k2 sucks , now some of the autocockers are made in taiwan by little kids now just like brass eagle and vl and jt, whos nexT ? i hope agd never sells out that would suck even more

Only Now? Cocker bodies have been made in Taiwan for years.

I'm pretty sure Tippmans have been as well.

And good cheap quality can come out of factories anywhere in the world and it's not all child labour either. :rolleyes:

Soopa Villain17
02-08-2005, 11:54 AM
i didnt no they have been making them in taiwan for that long , tippmann either , where are mags made ?

SlartyBartFast
02-08-2005, 12:04 PM
i didnt no they have been making them in taiwan for that long , tippmann either , where are mags made ?

AGD contracts to a local shop I believe. Tom was on record as saying he'd always use American labour. But, if you're contracting next door there's nothing stopping you from having the same relationship with a manufacturer halfway round the world.

GT
02-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Tippman is made in the us and so are mags

Soopa Villain17
02-08-2005, 12:09 PM
yea , but i think tippmanns are really mass produced also , i dont think mags are , then but then again i dont know much

White_Noise
02-08-2005, 02:09 PM
tippmans are mass produced because the bodies cost maybe $10 to make because they arent milled, but are cast. thats why tippman barrel threads are so thick, because a cast wouldnt work right with finer threading. they are however made in america.

as for mags, the milling work is contracted out. then the parts go to ano and then sent to the agd factory in wheeling, IL. from there, the marker is assembled, and then tested to make sure it is working correctly. and the tickertape from the chrono is included with the marker to show that it is working(i know of no other company that does this)

WARPED1
02-08-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm pretty sure Tippmans have been as well.

Tippmann WAS all made in the USA, not sure now though..........

phantomhitman
02-08-2005, 03:29 PM
back to the point, how did thye do this? at first i thought they were paying odysey roylaties, then i heard they were not. It does not matter now because I think nps bought odysey, but how did they get around directly copying the design of the halo? (not the eye activation part, bc i know empire uses sound)

magman007
02-08-2005, 03:33 PM
i told you, simon stevens, owns alot of the patents that pertain to the halo. and works for nps. im sure there was a business meeting that went down. THE EMPIRE HALO IS SANCTIONED.

Lee
02-08-2005, 03:36 PM
doesn't nps now own oddyssey? i thought i heard that somewhere.

phantomhitman
02-08-2005, 03:38 PM
so why did odysey release the halo if manike had the patents and worked for nps? why didnt the empire reloader bs come out first?

manike
02-08-2005, 04:21 PM
It's a little more complicated than I care to explain.

But in essence the Empire Reloader B and Empire Reloader 2 are fully licensed and sanctioned products from the people that own the Intellectual Property.

I have patents on the Halo B and Reloader B (read the patent sticker/box) and I helped design the Reloader 2.

Many people are involved with each product.

It's all good.

Sometimes we like the 'bad boy' image. But things aren't always what they seem. ;)

I didn't work for NPS when Odyssey released the Halo. Nor did I work for Odyssey.

minimag03
02-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Reloader A - they were sued - they canged the design
Reloader B - Halo and Empire are basicly the same company, NPS

sorry all that has been stated

-minimag03

68magOwner
02-08-2005, 05:17 PM
they got sued about the revvy clone, but, all they had to do was change the shells, new version has been out for a lil while

Soopa Villain17
02-08-2005, 07:23 PM
ok , i was just wondering thanks for all the info :)

veritas
02-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Just to add...The Reloader 2 is much much better than a 12v revvy...I have had both and the Reloader feeds faster and the great thing is it's sound activated...

good loader for the price if ur not looking for more than 12-13 bps...