PDA

View Full Version : anyone got updated insurance stats

elpimpo
02-08-2005, 02:29 PM
i was just cruising around on google looking for the good old paintball is safer than pingpong stats and all i came up with is the ones form 1988... even though the site says the numbers are still applicable i would like to see some recent stats... anyone knwo where i can find um?

JoshK
02-08-2005, 05:27 PM
I would believe the stats are still applicable....the more people we get, the more accidents...but we are still getting more people to average it out.

AGD
02-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Those stats were bogus from day one. THey have been repeated since then like an Urban Myth. No private companies release stats on injuries. You have to know a doctor that can look up the emergency room reports for the country.

If your wondering whats happening, there are only one or two insurance companies left that will insure paintball. The rest have taken losses and given up. There have been published reports in medical journals that eye injuries are on the rise. The medical communities number one problem with us was the use of full auto which we tried to rule out using ASTM.

You can see where that got us.

AGD

hitech
02-08-2005, 08:49 PM
...there are only one or two insurance companies left that will insure paintball.

My understanding from Sprio at the Fort Ord game is that there is only one left. :(