PDA

View Full Version : Big Harnesses for Big Guys?

behemoth
02-08-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm a bigger guy, and pack shopping on the internet isnt easy, as noone lists waist size on their packs..

If you're a bigger guy and you have a pack that fits nice, please post what kind, and generally how big it is...

I wear a 44 waist, and i measured like 50in around my gut...(where i wear my pack)

Thanks
-Josh

XbeasleyX
02-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Redz Comfort Belt and pack. I use a medium with room to spare with a 38" waist, so the large should fit no problem.

CKY_Alliance
02-08-2005, 04:55 PM
a freind of mine is a pretty big guy and e has a REDZ with i think a XL belt and its almost to big,but i would check out redz stuff its a little pricy but they have interchangable belts so if you order one to small you could send it back and get a bigger one.

Big Ben
02-08-2005, 05:44 PM
M packs by topstich, you used to be able to order the belt size you wanted from them. They have a new site so I am not sure but I got a 42-46 from them that has been my favorite pack ever.

http://westcoastpaintball.net/index.php?cPath=41

Blazestorm
02-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Check out the new CP Pack, they make one in like XXL belts or something.

http://www.customproducts.us/

Lohman446
02-08-2005, 06:36 PM
I once saw a VERY big guy at PSP wearing dual harnesses - they were horizontal so he had them positioned to each side of his back so he could snag to etiher side... and he carried a lot of paint too

magman007
02-08-2005, 06:40 PM
probabally heavy d, yes he needed 2 packs, he is a very large man, tall as well.

Behemoth, i highly reccomend the topstich m pack. I love mine. Pricey, but it will last you a life time, easily the best pack on the market, comfortable, and they will customize the colors for you. They make parachuting gear, so the quality is deffinitely there. I wholeheartedly rccomend one.

CrimsonGhost
02-08-2005, 06:53 PM
I agree Topstitch Mpacks...they way to fly . You can choose the set up you want and they fit us bigger fellas. ( Im 6'2" 275lbs with a 42-44 " waist ...depending on how much I want to suck in the gut)
I have LOVED these packs and realy wont use an other...unless Im shooting pump :cheers:

joez
02-08-2005, 07:48 PM
probabally heavy d, yes he needed 2 packs, he is a very large man, tall as well.

Heavy D? You talking about Dan? I TOWER over him, and he isnt that big either. Unless you are talking about a different heavy, but as far as i know, there is only 1 Heavy D.

Anywho, i have an extreme rage pack, and its way to big for me and i have a 36" waist. I actually had to modify it to get it to fit right. Its huge.

G-Rock
02-08-2005, 07:52 PM
I have a 46 inch waist and I wear a REDZ large belt. I got the X large and well it was freakin HUGE!!!

Definitly REDZ.

chris

Bear_Claw
02-08-2005, 08:26 PM
I a probly one of the bigger guys in the game at 6ft 260lbs so i just use a VL Two pod pack and put it on my regulare belt lol.

It worksd and fits lol may not be facny but hey.

SAW
02-08-2005, 08:32 PM
I have a 46 inch waist and I wear a REDZ large belt. I got the X large and well it was freakin HUGE!!!

Definitly REDZ.

chris
A few of the bigger guys at our field use the REDZ packs, they seem to fit without problem (nice quality stuff also). I tried it on once, it's massive. :D

Magz_rule
02-08-2005, 09:03 PM
I also say go for a redz L/XL. Good stuff :)

Aegis
02-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Another vote for Redz. I am 6'3, 250 with 38" waist and use a medium.

Also consider suspenders. I don't need them with the Redz, but they seem to work for some.

behemoth
02-08-2005, 09:42 PM
With the redz ive always wondered... how sturdy is a two piece design? i think having the pods sewn to the belt would be ideal

M-stich are NICE but PRICEY!

SAW
02-08-2005, 09:45 PM
Our field uses 2 pieces (no clue which brand) as rentals, they are extremely durable. In fact, I bought a set off them a few years back. It's still around. :)

Big_M
02-08-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm actually almost exactly your size, the redz large belt fits me perfectly, although I recently lost weight, and an XL would have been more comfortable, I loved it either way. I wear it around the same area as you do also, still fits great, so I would say the redz belt, either large or XL

CodeMA
02-08-2005, 10:53 PM
A lesser known pack company by the name of Diatribe Paintball(link in sig, one of my personal sponsors) is most deffently my pick...

a TRUE one size fits all, from your smallest front man to your larger back man extroadinair, such as my self, tipping the scales at 6' 320+ its a great fit, angled straps adjustment straps that keep the WHOLE pack to your back not just the bottem, back pad, fully padded back, light, removeable loops, some of the strongest velcow made, and hand stiching making a very light, durable, bounce induseing, comfortable pack... comes in a 4 down + 3 removeable loops....

Its deffently something you need to check out in the way of top of the line packs on the market today...

you can check out the site or PM me for more details...

G-Rock
02-08-2005, 11:19 PM
With the redz ive always wondered... how sturdy is a two piece design? i think having the pods sewn to the belt would be ideal

M-stich are NICE but PRICEY!

Between the loops holding the belt, and the velcro holding the belt...it is very sturdy!!! All the guys have dived, slid, rolled, danced, and perform various other acts with theirs and we have never had one problem at all.

chris

maglover728
02-09-2005, 02:06 AM
I use a wgp harness and I weigh more than 275. The pack is tight but they also sell an extender that is velcrow on both sides just to act as a filler of sorts betweent the front of the bands. It is a good harness.

"gee, for a fat guy, he sure spends alot of time on the 50!" :headbang:

VFX_Fenix
02-09-2005, 03:59 AM
Definately a Redz Dimension/comfort system pack. I have two of their belts, the XL and L, and they both fit my 44 inch waist physique. The XL definately has a LOT of room for expansion if you think you aren't done growing (there's like 18" of overlap on that belt), Large is the right size for me.

pump
02-09-2005, 04:31 AM
hi there im a 44 inch waste with a gut that was made from the love of food

i strongly endorse the NXE pro pack plus 5+4+2

A Non Slip Friction Pad is also used on the elastic ejection system. When the pods are released from the harnesses, this unique feature forces pressure directly onto the center of the end of the pods forcing them to eject out smoothly. Also incorporated in these paks, is a true “Body Wrap” design which includes a Non Slip Friction Pad to better secure the harnesses and eliminate movement of the pak during play.

http://www.nxepaintball.com/harnesses_detail.php

very nice
i like it better than my Redz it streached out and always slid down

the NXE never slips

Cliffio
02-09-2005, 05:24 AM
im a big guy, Large belt is what you need. and i LOVE the new 5.5 rather than the old 5.4.....redz is the way to go, you cant tell that the belt is not sewn to the harness, its got big time velcro on it.

Koz
02-09-2005, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=pump]hi there im a 44 inch waste with a gut that was made from the love of food

i strongly endorse the NXE pro pack plus 5+4+2

A Non Slip Friction Pad is also used on the elastic ejection system. When the pods are released from the harnesses, this unique feature forces pressure directly onto the center of the end of the pods forcing them to eject out smoothly. Also incorporated in these paks, is a true “Body Wrap” design which includes a Non Slip Friction Pad to better secure the harnesses and eliminate movement of the pak during play.

http://www.nxepaintball.com/harnesses_detail.php

I agree with pump...my 38 inch waist....loves it...and will handle quite a bit more...comfortable completely loaded up and does not slip.

Koz

automikey
02-10-2005, 06:37 AM
Check out flurryindustries.com, I have a vest and a pack. Very comfortable and adjustable, and in camo!

PBkilla123
02-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Paintballgear.com has a harness made from them and it is huge around the waist.
its also a really good price.