PDA

View Full Version : I think its comeing to the end for me.

AGDlover
02-08-2005, 09:45 PM
Well guys I think this will be my last year playing. :( I've really been thinking about this but with mudd bogging my quad and paintball its becomeing to expencive and i'm only 14 so its even worse ya its been a long great road of paintballing. Meeting new people and joining this wonderfull site but I dont think I'll be able to do it forever. I'm no longer going to ask for tryouts and decline all teams that request me to play for them. There for, my resagnation is pointing tward the end of the year or after IAO. Once I'm done, their is a good possablility of me selling all paintball parts(gun, mask, packs ect.). I will still be going on this site but as I have allready done really cut back on how much I talk on here I will be posting mostly on www.highlifter.com posting as 05BigBear400 If ya want dibs on my gun let me know. Well I thought I would let you all know. Right before IAO I will Start posting a FS thread.

Well Peace out, Party Hard, and rock out!!!! :headbang:
Andrew "AGDlover" Seltzer

Muzikman
02-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Eh, I play paintball once a year (IAO). I have not played a full year for about 4 years or so. You'll be back, don't worry:)

SAW
02-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Good luck whichever way you eventually swing. We'll be here. :)

SAW
02-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Eh, I play paintball once a year (IAO). I have not played a full year for about 4 years or so. You'll be back, don't worry:)
Wow. I couldn't imagine playing once a year...

punkncat
02-08-2005, 09:53 PM
Wow. I couldn't imagine playing once a ...

month...

CKY_Alliance
02-08-2005, 09:54 PM
i quit for about a year now im gettign back in to it...once u get to the age when u can get a job it is alot more fun since u have a sorce of money

SAW
02-08-2005, 09:57 PM
month...
Agreed. I play 3 times a week during most of the summer, twice a month during school. :D

behemoth
02-08-2005, 10:00 PM
i havent played in about 3yrs :(

But now ive got some kickin gear... :)

So once i get:

- Tank
- PROfiler
- Hopper shells
and a
- Harness

IM PLAYING!

lopxtc
02-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Seems to be going around ... I decided to quit this year after playing since 1991. I guess I finally got burned out on the sport, at least from the tourney side. I figure I will quit for a year, and then go back to playing in the woods ... try to recapture that feeling back when I used to play 15 vs 15 games.

Aaron

minimag03
02-08-2005, 10:14 PM
It is sad to see anyone go. I have a feeling that you will be back someday down the road. Good luck with IAO, and I hope you go out with a bang.

-minimag03

peewee
02-08-2005, 10:37 PM
I left for about 4 years & there wasnt a day that didnt go by that I didnt think about playing. You will be back some day. :D

Soopa Villain17
02-08-2005, 10:37 PM
i hope i will never quit , i love paintball so much , ive only been playing for around 5 or 6 years but ive loved every minute of it , even i was to quit i would keep my stuff in case i decided to go back playing paintball, but i wouldnt sell it, unless you had alot of stuff , but i can see being 14 its probaly pretty hard financially , me being 18 its pretty hard to come by money when you dont have a job around here , but good luck with whatever you decide to do :headbang:

SpecialBlend2786
02-08-2005, 10:39 PM
i dunno, i rarely play....but i love collecting markers :(

minimagjim
02-08-2005, 10:46 PM
WOW dude. I mean you are only 14. I got into paintball when i was about your age actually a year older. I got no job atm and have high hopes to get one soon. I will play until I am physically not able to do it. Paintball is not just being on a team or buying stuff its about having fun. If you are no longer having fun well then quit but if its only a money issue well that can be fixed by getting a job or doing work for family and friends. Save up and spend wisely. I probably paintballed last year a total of near 20 times. I am not on a team or nor do i really wish to be. I got more things in my life than paintball but its still part of it. You will probably look back at this post and laugh at the thought of giving it up in a few months when the weather gets better and the chances to play open up. I know I have thought many times to sell off my paintball stuff and other hobbies to get some cash but then I think what will i do for fun?

Glickman
02-08-2005, 11:45 PM
think about selling for pump and investing in some re-balls with friends. that can keep your tongue wet untill you are able to play on fields

alooney11
02-09-2005, 12:49 AM
chill out man. no need to be so melodramatic.

quik
02-09-2005, 12:56 AM
you arent quitting, your just taking an extended break.

maglover728
02-09-2005, 01:31 AM
you are 14? you will be back! good luck till then.

joez
02-09-2005, 01:37 AM
You wont get out of it entirely, not if its a game you really enjoy. Id suggest that you Dont sell that E-mag, but if you decide to get rid of it, i call dibs, i miss that gun.

Dubstar112
02-09-2005, 02:08 AM
I quit so many times and came back.. However this is the longest Ive been gone. I sold my CCM a bout a year ago, and I owned it for a year, and played 4 or 5 times. So its been slow for me. I dont miss it. I hate it for what the sport has become actually. I quit because SP. I sold my impulse bought a mechanical and then quit once it got too politic'y. Thats not a word yet, but it will be.

Good luck, follow your desire and have fun.

REDRT
02-09-2005, 03:13 AM
I dropped out for about 3yrs once. Money, Chopping RT and lack of time were my excuses. Last year was my come back. After loosing almost everything financally (my home being the biggest thing), the level 10 bolt and way better job. I'm back! Paintball will still be here when you come back. :D

JAM
02-09-2005, 01:40 PM
yeah, you come and go.
you'll take some time, save some money and then either wander back here, or catch a paintball mag in a store... next thing you know you're back. Plus, it's an entirley diff deal once you are older and making a living. I remember trying to finance playing with a part time job back in the pump days when loaders held 45 rounds, big pods were 90 rounds and cases cost $130 or so. I've "quit" and come back 5 or 6 times since then.

shartley
02-09-2005, 02:16 PM
At 14 you still have plenty of time left to play paintball, even if you stop for years. I suggest however that you DO NOT sell your gear. It costs you nothing to keep it, and if you want to play a game later on, it is right there for you.

I understand taking a break, it happens…. But don’t do anything rash that you will regret later… like selling your gear. Make sure you REALLY are out of the sport first, give it a few years.

AGDlover
02-09-2005, 04:27 PM
i still got time to ball it up so dont think i wont ;) JOE i forgot all about you! you may get a poll on my list of ppl who want dibs on it afterall it was your emag before it was mine. and you can still play with it all you want if you want. OK so ya its really starting to come on me I havent tuched my gun in about um.....5days now just been stareing at it. well out to chill on my new four wheeler forum ttyl yall :cheers:

Dayspring
02-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya! :mad:

BeaverEater
02-09-2005, 05:28 PM
I'd say sell your emag and get a pump. Its the same fun for a fraction of the cost. I play pump for a change and to offset the costs.