PDA

View Full Version : AGD advises Manny not to use SFL question.

magc68
11-14-2001, 02:23 PM
i know tom advised Manny from aftershock not to use the sfl. why was this advisement made and if there was an issue with the sfl has it been fixed?

i know there was a tolerance issue with the moduals locking into place with the barrel and im curious if that was fixed? what was the problem and how did u come about fixing it?

KayleAGD
11-14-2001, 02:48 PM
I think you mistook the statement by Tom . His advice to anyone will be not to try new things at a tournament. Manny in his infinite wisdom and Trust of AGD quality chose to play with his SFL.There have been many times players have changed their setup at a tournament and "lost the whole tournament" because of the new equipment. I setup Manny's gun and luckily it worked fine.

RiceRocket
11-14-2001, 04:39 PM
I had personal conversations with Tom Kaye regarding the use of an E-mag prior to World Cup. Tom offered the use of one two weeks before the event, I declined because my Retro Mag had never failed for almost three seasons and this was a crucial event regarding the overall success of the team. I didn't want to go into WC using something I was unfamiliar with.

My Retro Mag did go down right before our second game on Friday. I used one of the backup Angels. Brought my Mag to AGD and Kayle got it up and running again. While he worked on that, I began setting up one of the SFL's so that it fit exactly like my Mag (bttm line, hose, etc.) We played five of our eight prelim games that day, and against my own judgement, a test under fire with the SFL for our last game.

It worked great, shot smooth and fast. I made my run, played tight, made sure I didn't outshoot the loader, and two quick kills at the end of the game. After our session, I ran another 1/2 case and dry fired another bottle of air through it. I didn't put it down for the rest of the tournament.

I can't say enough about my trust in AGD guns and the support they provide. Kayle worked with me until everything felt right and worked optimally. He even asked right before that fifth game if I was sure because he had my Retro ready. I had a little apprehension, but those got quickly erased once the game started. I have no regrets with my decision.

Like Tom Kaye and Kayle, I agree that you shouldn't use unfamiliar, untested, new gear at a tournament. You need time to get used to things and work all the bugs out. For me, it's incredibly important because I didn't want to let Ren or the rest of Aftershock down. However, BBT and AGD put these guns together, Kayle made sure everything was right - I had nothing to question. In essence, it was just another Mag.

I wasn't aware of the problems you mentioned. The only thing I knew about with the modular pieces was that new exhaust holes were placed in the bottom to eliminate the blowback. As Kayle said, my trust in AGD products is unquestionable after 11 years.

thecavemankevin
11-14-2001, 05:29 PM
just another happy camper :D

AGD
11-14-2001, 07:05 PM
Thanks Manny!! You going to get by Country Club Sat night? Everyone would love to see you, there will be over 50 guys.

Also you are on deck for the third ACE proto some time in the next couple weeks.

AGD

apache
11-15-2001, 12:40 AM
This must be you in the picture then Manny!

http://www.team-cyclone.net/gallery/image/01867d1c44d28326088e00de93b69d6f.html

The picture was taken by 2 guys from Cyclone. They were playing in the European Union team in WC

AGD
11-15-2001, 12:43 AM
Apache, here I uploaded it so you can see it here.

Go Manny!!

AGD

DiRTyBuNNy
11-15-2001, 02:06 AM
I would like to say this now and forever..Manny is my role model..and Mark Davis (while he was pimpin Shocktech gear at CalJam) told me how awesome of a guy Manny is...I think he should christened the official NPPL Pro of the AO...

cphilip
11-15-2001, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by AGD
You going to get by Country Club Sat night?... there will be over 50 guys.AGD

Yea Tom... the lure of 50 guys at country club wanting to see you will sure make you want to come out to country club...(Sarcasm and joking;))

Couldn't we at least get him one girl? :cool:

Muzikman
11-15-2001, 11:34 AM
I think he should christened the official NPPL Pro of the AO...

If I am not mistaken, he already was:)

DiRTyBuNNy
11-15-2001, 07:31 PM
Oh...guess i'm just the master of the obvious then..

magc68
11-16-2001, 07:40 AM
<b>Ok I'll give you a calm rational answer. England has them first because our European assembly facility developed the body. They are not here yet because we are fine tuning the breach system and the breaches are being made there. There are currently 100 bodies in this country without breaches. We are expecting the raw breaches in sometime this week. We still are developing the Superbolt to work well with these breaches. The first 50 bodies are already at Shocktech to be made into SFL's. They are panicing because they don't have the breaches yet and it's getting close to world cup.

Issues yet to be resolved:
Will the different types of cocker barrels all fit right? No one seems to have a standard blueprint for cocker threads.

Will the Superbolt wear out to fast in the breach?
Will the breaches line up right with a close tollerance bolt?
Does the breach need a different alignment system than the barrel?
Do want to make sure a long stroke bolt module is possible?
Are the breaches sufficiently vented to reduce blowback?

These are the things on my desk right now to get these things going. The Brits got about 50 units all warp feed only. If you have to have one you can pre order now from Shock Tech.

AGD</b>

these are the problems i was refering too in the SFL emags.
i didnt know if these reasons were why tom advised manny not to use the SFL or not. so i take it that all these issues were resolved by production time?

RiceRocket
11-16-2001, 11:34 AM
Tom

I won't be able to make this one. I have some familial commitments I had arleady promised. I wish I could, though. I'm getting that itch to play again. I should be making my way back up there soon after Turkey Day to get my gear from BBT. Let me know when you'd like me to test the ACE.

apache,

Great pic. That was taken during our semi game vs. SC Ironmen.

magc68,

I see now why your questions may be warranted. I believe these issues were taken care of right before WC. AGD would be the only one qualified to address these questions.

To all going to the Super Tour - enjoy, wish I could be there. It sounds like you guys will have an awesome experience.

magc68
11-16-2001, 05:46 PM
manny,
thanks for your quick responses. much appreciated.

magman007
11-16-2001, 06:01 PM
cough....... ehem! i just want to voice my opinion on a mr. PAUL BOLENBACH! you know the guy and im sure you all love him! but he was the first NPPL PRO PLAYER here(that i know of) he isnt on as much but he is a big help to us all. Remember when Tom dug up 6 z grips? do you know who had em? oh yes that is right Paul bolenbach(captain of jax warriors)Paul even helped me get my rt pro. He even personally helped me though the purchasing and stuf. He is the nicest guy and i think if your gonna christen manny then paul needs some respect TOO! Paul and the jax warriors have been using mags since they were invented! so lets all respect Paul PGP Bolenbach and christen him too.