PDA

View Full Version : the classic

american iron
02-08-2005, 11:21 PM
once again i have some q,s
i heard the classics cant use the new parts like the lvl 10 and suchis it true?

space_weazel_45
02-08-2005, 11:24 PM
not true

american iron
02-08-2005, 11:51 PM
what is a classic made? of it looks like plastic in the pictures

and i have watched the videos of it firing and i feel retarded :cry: i just cant get it how does it work? maybe if i read it i might be able to understand better

american iron
02-09-2005, 12:01 AM
i think i finally get it
the air pushes the bolt past a seal and when it passes it the air gets out and pushes the ball?

athomas
02-09-2005, 10:27 AM
The automag works like a cork in a bottle. The sear holds the cork in. The cork has air pressure trying to push it out. When you pull the sear out of the way, the air pushes the cork(bolt) forward against a spring. Once the bolt move forward all the way, it no longer seals the end of the bottle (valve chamber) and the air flows out the front pushing the ball out the barrel. When the chamber is empty of air, the spring returns the bolt to its starting position. The on-off is also integrated into this operation as well, but that is the just of the bolt operation.

The classic is made of stainless steel. The body is stainless and the valve is stainless. Its very strong and well constructed.

rtjrom
02-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Level 10 does work on a classic valve. I have it on mine. Most of the upgrades AGD makes are backwards compatable which basically means that many of their new upgrades work on their old guns.

american iron
02-09-2005, 05:19 PM
ok i have it now

but what about all these shims?
i have heard about alot of differet shims andwas wondering what there used for

athomas
02-11-2005, 07:47 AM
Son't work about the shims. The shims determine how far the bolt has to travel before it can be reset. The distance is so small that it usually doesn't matter anyway. Not using the shims prevents any shim related leaks.