PDA

View Full Version : Best improvement to my game

dawump
11-14-2001, 02:26 PM
I thought I'd share my experiences with my new setup because I've discovered that getting the right setup is far better for my game than new barrels, valve upgrades and all the rest.

I added a drop forward and a forward grip before playing on Sunday.. and the difference in my game was INCREDIBLE. I found that the advantages were:

1) I didn't get hit at all when snap shooting because the mag is now much more an extension to my body. Much tighter to me and with the forward grip it forces me into a really tight profile

2) My aim was way better. With this configuration I was much tighter to the gun and with the tank comfortably into my shoulder the barrel lined up well with my eyeline.

3) I could run much better. Much more to hold on to.

I thought it might be interesting to share that. I highly recommend spending some time and a little money on stuff like this to find a really good "fit".

The forward grip is an 89c sprinkler pipe from Ace Hardware ;-) It screws straight into the vertical bottle adapter and is cut to mate with the drop forward. The drop forward is I think a home made item given to me by the previous owner.

Keith

joeyjoe367
11-14-2001, 03:18 PM
Hey, I'm glad to hear it!

I've tried just about every setup you could possibly have for a 'gun. Vertical Bottle, Bottomline, Remote, etc...

By FAR A good Dropforward is the best.

Slapp
11-17-2001, 08:36 AM
Now all you have to do is make your setup a hot translucent metalflake purple color with a dropforward depicting an enraged dragon in heat and you will really have some Skills man! Ha!

Congrats on figuring out and thanks for sharing that a comfortable no-nonsense setup can add much more to your game than adding a bunch of overhyped doohicky's to your already solid marker! Dominate the field bro and enjoy!

jah871
11-17-2001, 09:56 AM
hey, this is basicly what manikes #1 gun tip(or whatever its caled) is about.