PDA

View Full Version : Advice on what to buy for new E-mag setup.

Icy
11-14-2001, 02:28 PM
I am currently looking at buying a complete new setup with an E-Mag Xtreme or C&C (or bit of both is possible) which I've been told should be available very shortly. I was planning on going with a warp feed and 1.1 or 1.5 4500 Armagedon system.

Can anyone suggest anything else I should be doing to begin with e.g. should I be changing out the barrel etc, or should I be doing anything different ?

Thanks for any help,
Stuart.

jah871
11-14-2001, 02:30 PM
if u have lots'o money get a freak barrel system halo if its out and thats all i can think of for right now. also u might want to consider getting a new 4500psi flatline when they come out.

Icy
11-14-2001, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the info. This is going to sound lame but who makes the Freak barel (online pic?) and where would I buy it ?

Will the new Flatline be better than the current Armagedon ?

Thanks,
Stuart.

ben_JD
11-14-2001, 02:36 PM
Freak is made by Smart Parts

Flatline tank is made by AGD, therefor preferable to many mag users, but most adjustable HPA systems will work fine.

Icy
11-14-2001, 02:41 PM
Doh, though it was but couldn't find them listed first time round. Found them now :) Whats the difference between the current Freak barrels (e.g. Deluxe Freak set) and the New Halo one mentioned above ?

Why are the Flatlines preferred ? When I spoke with AGD today they seemed push the Armagedon more as being better ? Especially in terms of flow rate and the ability to remove the bottle etc ?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it,
Stuart.

Slapp
11-17-2001, 09:02 AM
Icy,

Smart parts makes the freak barrel kits and they are available at a lot of paintball stores and online for around $195. The Halo is a new loader (not yet being sold but soon to hit the market) like the viewloader revvy's that will hold your paintballs and mount to the feed tube of your marker or on a warp drive if you have one.

The benefit of a freak barrel is that it will give you a supa-cool magnetic personality and enable you to jump 10 feet in a single bound while communicating directly via telepathy with aliens from omega testostees. The benefit of the Halo loader is that it will give you an angelic demeanor that will automatically make people trust and respect you so you can shoot them first while they stand slack-jawed in awe of your glowing aura. (just joking bro, both are good, worthwhile products)

One reason that flatline air tank setups are really nice is that they are about the lightest setup out there. Combine this with AGD customer support, the fact that they come stock with their own drop forward and their reliability and you have a hard to beat system. I have never heard anyone complain about the flow rates of flatline air systems.

The recharge rate on your marker is ruled by your marker's valve mainly and not by the reg on your air tank. If you have an e-mag or an RT you have the fastest recharging valve out there and the rate of recharge on your air tank regulator is not going to make your marker recharge faster or slower.

jah871
11-17-2001, 09:53 AM
sorry, i forgot to ut in commas so its easier to read but it looks like everyone answered ur questions.