PDA

View Full Version : Automag quit firing...

ApexAZ
02-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Hi guys, I'm kind of new to paintball and new to these forums and kind of need some help!

I bought a used automag with an RT valve a while back and put a Level 10 kit in it.

The level 10 upgrade seemed to go smoothly. The gun fired and I could hear no leaks.

I played a full day of paintball with it and had 0 problems. However, last night I went to a buddies house to do some target practice and around 2k PSI it suddenly stopped firing. It appeared as though the gun was no longer gased up. The trigger was just limp.

I decided to take the tank off and screw it back on and suddenly a TON of air started leaking from a tiny hole in the drop where the tank screws in. The gun still wasn't firing as if it wasn't getting any gas and I now had a huge leak heh.

I took it home and broke it down as best as I could and cleaned all the orings and misc other parts inside the valve and put it back together. The gun gasses up and fires now, but I still have a small leak coming from that tiny hole in the drop.

I suspect maybe the o-ring on the tank is going bad (although it's a little loose, it appears fine to me) but why would the gun suddenly cease firing and get no gas? Could a problem elsewhere cause that o-ring to get to stressed and go bad?

I also noticed that the bolt does not seem to slide very smoothly. It seems real resistant. Is this normal?

Specs are:
Automag RT valve with Level 10
ShockTech Drop
Crossfire 70CI 4500 PSI

Any advice on what to check would be greatly appreciated :)

Little_Ho
02-09-2005, 01:17 PM
hi
well my thought, do you go directly from the ASA to the Valve??
Did you try another ASA On/Off???

That the things i would check out. I can not explain why the Gun stoped fireing.

Hope you can try to change the ASA On/Off to see whats happend.

ApexAZ
02-09-2005, 02:45 PM
Thank you.

I replaced the oring on the tank and it fixed the leak.

I assume it quit firing because it was leaking and eventually just didn't have enough pressure to keep going, I dunno.

It seems to we working now!

calcan311
02-10-2005, 05:51 PM
If your bolt dosen't seem to slide easy, then try to use a larger carrier, keep going up till it leaks out the barrel. Too small of a carrier can cause bolt stick and irratic velocity.