PDA

View Full Version : powerfeed and vertical feed

scribe
11-14-2001, 02:38 PM
just wondering...why is the vertical feed better? how come gun manufacturers never thought of the vertical feed before? i mean...it seems so obvious having balls drop straight down. kinda weird how it's just getting popular now.

or maybe i'm wrong

Phatty
11-14-2001, 04:28 PM
Well, the powerfeed has it's advantages. Bounce off the wall of the tube is one. Vert feed is a stack but the balls can bobble. The powerfeed's 90* angle prevents that from happening.

FooTemps
11-14-2001, 06:10 PM
The advantage of the vert feed is that the balls don't need to roll so they can get into the breach faster.
The advantage of the power feed is that the balls won't have much movement and will feed at a consistent rate.

I say get teh vertical powerfeed that tom asked about when it comes out if it comes out...

FaSSt
11-15-2001, 09:00 AM
The first non-horizontal feeds were side feed, because people wanted to be able to sight down the top of the marker, like on a real gun.

The first vertical feed was actually a pump (I forget the name or manufacturer), and it was quite ridiculed at the time by many.

DjGruv
11-15-2001, 12:04 PM
The main advantage of a center feed is it makes it easier to play both sides of your bunker. Another reason is no more broken elbows.

mac2k4
11-15-2001, 05:20 PM
powerfeed is for markers that have bad blow back, and the hole lets air pressure out from blowback, plus vert looks better, and it hasn't just gotten popular, angels have always been vert, just shockers, spyders, mags and all are starting to use vert. feed...

Dubstar112
11-15-2001, 05:37 PM
FaSSt

The advantage of the vert feed is that the balls don't need to roll so they can get into the breach faster.

how often do you hold your vertical feed marker straigt up and down?... it still has to roll no matter what.. just balances better for off hand shooters.-- yes i am arguing a small point :)