PDA

View Full Version : AO ARMY t-shirts, design almost complete! critisize it!

quik
02-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Want to buy one? Go to this thread. http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=166880

http://www.brakpage.com/quikflash/aoarmy.jpg

This is the design for the AO Army t-shirt, which will be printed soon and sold by yours truely at a low price. But before I get it printed, I wanted to get AO to give me some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. So, is it good? Would you wear it? etc. If you have any input, please do tell.

Also, this will be able to be printed on any color t-shirt, and the design will be able to be any color.

This is NOT a for sale thread.

EDIT: IF YOU WANT TO INQUIRE ABOUT PURCHASING.

Please PM me, or e-mail me ( boxman@gmail.com )

The Action Figure
02-09-2005, 08:39 PM
sweet, id wear one, and id buy a hoodie if made can you pring logos on the back too

quik
02-09-2005, 08:40 PM
AO Army=Poor attempt at capitalizing on the success of HK Army.

YUP!

SAW
02-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Anyhow, I like the design. I would buy one (or two, or...).

Muzikman
02-09-2005, 08:44 PM

Which is just a poor attempt at capitalizing on the "KISS Army" or the "Fanco's Italian Army"

hAppy
02-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Than why don't you come up with something.

I like the shirt, exactly how much do you want, and you better lower the price for slandering U2 :mad:

SpecialBlend2786
02-09-2005, 08:48 PM
wow, i love it. I would definitly buy one or two. Will customized versions be available?

magzown3
02-09-2005, 08:49 PM
I think its sweet as hell. good job

quik
02-09-2005, 08:50 PM
hAppy: Shirts will probably be 14/15$ + s&h, and you have to pay more since you like u2 ;).

SpecialBlend2786: What do you mean? Probably not, but I'll see what i can do.

magzown3: Thanks

joez
02-09-2005, 08:52 PM
At least make it somewhat orriginal. That is just a lame attempt at coppying the HK army, logo and all. Put some effort into it, HK army is dumb and this resembling that garbage is the sole reason i would never buy one.

SAW
02-09-2005, 08:52 PM
I'm guessing SpecB was refering to printing AO names on the shirts.

quik
02-09-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm guessing SpecB was refering to printing AO names on the shirts.

Unfortunately I wont probably be able to do that. Yes hoodies are also do-able, so are pants ;)!

joez; thanks.

SpecialBlend2786
02-09-2005, 08:54 PM
SpecialBlend2786: What do you mean? Probably not, but I'll see what i can do.

Wondering if it would be possible to get AO usernames on em somehow. and if so how much would the price increase?

Also, would hoodies be available? Kind of like the cafepress.com type things :cool:

EDIT: SAW beat me to it, thanks anyway. I'd still buy one!

trevorjk
02-09-2005, 08:55 PM
And they were the first to do it in paintball. I've no problem with taking a concept from something unrelated.. but when you try and copy it within the same interest group..

correct me if im wrong... but the HK army is fairly new isnt it? but hasnt the members of Automags.org been know, at least on the inside(regulars on this board for a long long time), as the AO-Army for a long time?

this would just be interesting to see who came first HK or AO :D

and besides how would this besuccesfull, we dont have the super fast agg gats and wannabe posers :tard:

AutomagRT1483
02-09-2005, 08:56 PM
I seem to recall another Members attempt at an AO-Army T-shirt....Still havent gotten my shirt or my money back for that matter. Thanks JAM...

quik
02-09-2005, 08:56 PM
correct me if im wrong... but the HK army is fairly new isnt it? but hasnt the members of Automags.org been know, at least on the inside(regulars on this board for a long long time), as the AO-Army for a long time?

this would just be interesting to see who came first HK or AO :D

and besides how would this besuccesfull, we dont have the super fast agg gats and wannabe posers :tard:

Please stay on topic. Thank you.

EDIT: Im trusty.

p u r e e v i l
02-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Maybe it was just me, but I thought the question was pretty simple. "Do you like this or not?" I like it and so I'd buy it. If you don't, take a hike and stop poking fun at it.

In my opinion: It doesn't look like anything HK I've seen, and even if it did, is any design truly original these days? I think not. Everything is based of of something else whether it's based off of it losely or not. Chill...it's pimp.

p u r e e v i l
02-09-2005, 09:47 PM
To lazy to edit:

Can we choose the color of the shirts that we want it printed on? That'd be slightly custom. I'll buy one if it's on a pink shirt! Light pink...preferably!

Gunga
02-09-2005, 09:47 PM
Actually, I wonder which came first. The HK Army or Toms use of the "AO Army". Here is a quote from Tom almost 3 years ago now.

Well, there's a little something that predates all of that AO/HK Army crap.

http://www.army.mil/symbols/downloads/armylogovector_black.gif

:p

quik
02-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Yes I can print on light pink t-shirts. I have many many colors to choose from.

joez
02-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Maybe it was just me, but I thought the question was pretty simple. "Do you like this or not?" I like it and so I'd buy it. If you don't, take a hike and stop poking fun at it. .

It says " AO ARMY t-shirts, design almost complete! critisize it!". He is getting criticizm, plain and simple. He asked for an opinion, and this is what he got.

RRfireblade
02-09-2005, 09:54 PM
I kinda don't like it. Sorry, just what I think.Not crazy about the letter style,I think AO is worthy of a little more classy design.

paintballr87
02-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Are they able to be printed on black t shirts with white or blue for the lettering?

quik
02-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Yes. I am 80% sure about lettering being printed in a different color.

Chronobreak
02-09-2005, 10:42 PM
I look at this thread and i see nothing but broken rules...even by mods? :confused: :nono:

sry guys but whats going on? somone is def slacking

--edit did somone delete my post? theres gonn be me to pay :mad: :cuss:

--double edit i see he removed the necesary info so..its all good :clap:

btw gunga ur sig is unnecasarily large(if i cant do it u cant :p )

Eatem Alive
02-09-2005, 10:52 PM
i like it. nice job Q

hAppy
02-09-2005, 10:54 PM
I look at this thread and i see nothing but broken rules...even by mods? :confused: :nono:

You're not a mod, you're not contributing, but you are spamming, so shut up.

O and go for a red logo, white background.

White_Noise
02-09-2005, 11:16 PM

its not his sig, its an attached image, smooth one. stop acting like youre a mod. then dont make power hungry people like you into mods for a reason.

as for the design, looks sweet. im deffinatly thinking a black hoody with hot pink text.

Army
02-10-2005, 05:47 AM
I really AM the original AO Army, and I authorise this shirt design......

....so, do I get a free hoody now?

:D

teufelhunden
02-10-2005, 08:06 AM
So, uh, wait. He asked for criticism, we provided it, then our posts got deleted.

/me looks back and sees AO of.. well, 1/05..

BigEvil
02-10-2005, 08:59 AM
On the back I think it should say
"CHOP THIS!"

tyrion2323
02-10-2005, 10:45 AM
I agree that it's stupid to delete posts which criticize a product in that product's CRITICIZE ME thread...

I'd be interested in an AO shirt, but I'm not interested in an AGG copy of HK.

hAppy
02-10-2005, 10:45 AM
So, uh, wait. He asked for criticism, we provided it, then our posts got deleted.

Your criticism was stupid to begin with.

Actually, I wonder which came first. The HK Army or Toms use of the "AO Army". Here is a quote from Tom almost 3 years ago now...

-=Squid=-
02-10-2005, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't buy one, simply because "Army" is heavily used in paintball right now, and is becoming quite hackneyed. I have a Plastic Factory Army, Bulge Army, and HKArmy shirt, and don't want another.

This also seems a tad hypocritical; think of all the anti-agg/HK posters here, doesn't this nearly promote them?

I dunno... I think you could come up with something more original or fitting.

Don't get me wrong; I don't support HK. I support the agg style, but not HK. HK has become to engrossed in money for me to support an organization like this. However, in their defense I must bring up the issue in regards to who came first. HK has been around for about two years to my knowlege, probably longer, and has been known as the HKArmy during said duration, while, personally, I have never seen anybody make anymore than a sideways reference to AO as the "AO Army." Until it says Automags Army on the top, it didn't come first.

quik
02-10-2005, 01:13 PM

You first critisized it, and then you started an arguement about which 'army' came first. I asked Q to delete your useless posts, obviously he thought that all were fitting.

frop
02-11-2005, 03:18 AM
Mmmm, tasty. I'd pick up a few, that is if I ever have some cash to spare :(

okiTony
02-11-2005, 06:43 AM
I would get one probably. Are you going to have a small print on the front and a big print on the back?

tyrion2323
02-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Here are my thoughts on the design:

It's nothing special. It doesn't capture the "essence" of AO in any real way. Teufelheunden was right when he pointed out that it looks like a cheap way to capitalize off of the success of the HK Army.

I'd be much more impressed with a shirt which actually represented AO. I like the hex-design, but the "messy typewriter" font is so overused, it just seems like it's trying too hard. Try to find some universal quality about AO that most members can really relate to and recognize. Not only do I think the shirt seems unlike AO, but it seems to embody a culture which a large portion of our members dislike.

What about a fragmented hex-design encompassing a simple "AO" text?